Brock Lesnar on Ronda Rousey: A super athlete in a Weak Division

Same can be said for every male athlete in the UFC.

HW champ Werdum: couldn't cut it in any major/Olympic sport.
LHW real champ Jones: couldn't cut it in any major/Olympic sport unlike his 2 superior borthers.
LHW paper champ DC: couldn't even medal in the Olympics
MW champ Weidman: best placement was 3rd place in NCAA Div I. That's 2 tiers below Olympic gold

I could go on. Ronda Rousey, despite being a subpar athlete herself, is actually the most accomplished champion out of the sad bunch of UFC champions.

American football isn't a major sport on the world wide scale.

Rondas situation reminds me of when tito and arlovski were the champions of their divisions. They ruled when the divisions were weak.

Doesn't mean ronda isn't a great fighter. She is obviously. Aside from cyborg and a much better trained tate and game plan zingano, there isn't anyone else for her to fight.

Ronda is 2-1 in Judo against the girl who won the gold. Funny how people are pretending as if there was a massive gulf between the two.

f7FdEdG.jpg

getting tired of this dead horse arguement.

If your gonna criticize Ronda then criticize Brock as well. Beating an old man half your size for a title = not shit. 5-3 record in MMA is pretty pathetic. First fighters he fought worth a damn kicked his ass straight out of the UFC. HW has gotten better since, which is why Brock didn't come back. Pretty much everyone on the roster would whoop his ass as this point

Brock was consistently fighting the best in the world. He was unquestionably the #1 HW in the world. Get over it.

Brock was consistently fighting the best in the world. He was unquestionably the #1 HW in the world. Get over it.
That's highly debatable considering Lesnar never beat Fedor, or beat the man who beat Fedor, or beat the man who beat the man who beat Fedor.

She wasn't top 3 she never won a 3rd place match they just gave the two semi final losers a participation medal.

Olympic class means best on the planet, period.

Ronda has never beaten another legit champion.

For all the people jumping to Ronda's defense, telling us how great she is, and telling us how much Brock sucks, I missed the part where Brock insulted or even criticized Ronda. He said she was great. She is. He said her competition sucks. It does.
How deep is her division..,She just was in a title fight with a woman having less than 10 pro fights, and who's been fighting for only 3 years. I'd say that pretty much proves the talent pool is fairly shallow. So how is Brock wrong?

This argument is stupid. Yes we can blame her. If she was a real top tier athlete shed be in a more mainstream sport, or she would have won a gold medal

Let's stop pretending ufc is on the level of NHL, NFL, NBA etx

So what sport would you go to after judo to make money as a female athlete?
Tennis?

Great logic!

Ivan Lendl never won the Wimbledon. If he was a super athlete or even good at tennis he would have...

Yes they gave her the belt without having earned it.
rolleyes.gif

Pretty sure she won the belt at 135 back in SF in a title fight, against Tate who people think is a great ambassador for WMMA, but somehow is not a legit win...

And yes Brock is correct.
Wmma is weak. Its a pretty new division so of course Wmma will be shallow.
So was a lot of divisions in the UFC when they got added. it takes time to grow them.

SF put it on the map Gina was the star. UFC took over Wmma.

Pretty sure she won the belt at 135 back in SF in a title fight, against Tate who people think is a great ambassador for WMMA, but somehow is not a legit win...

And Tate won it from Coenen, who is Cyborg's only legit win. So, if Ronda's belt is fake then so is Cryborg's career.

Diggem: Aldo and Cruz were also given belts. Are they fake champions too?

Brock is correct on this one, everyone with a common sense knows this is true.

Back