Brock Lesnar: "I think Vince McMahon is better at it than Dana [White]"

Vince was born into the business.
Vince has been doing it for 30 years longer.
Vince is currently paying Brock.

Shocking.

Vince is better, hands down. The WWE much more mainstream, and ahead of the curve than the UFC.

Dana White can't even help himself from cussing out children on social media. Sad.

411px-WWE_summerslam_2015_poster.jpeg

This is like comparing the producer of a soap opera to a fight promoter. Well, it's not like it. It is comparing a soap opera producer to a fight promoter. Apples and oranges.

I agree. The UFC's practices and distribution model are pretty amateur. Vince has been doing it longer, monetizing it better, distributing his product better and has had more success.

Vince's product has also been around for 100 years, so he had a much tougher task getting fresh interest for it.

Apples and oranges. It's a LOT easier to promote your produce when you can predetermine the outcome in a story writing meeting.

That said, Vince has done an exceptional job at monetizing the WWE product. UFC is still playing catch up in some areas, but then they haven't had the freedom financially nearly as long as the WWE nor has the UFC been on the job as long as Vince and Co.

Wrestlemania 1 was 31 years ago... that's a really, really long head start.

Just because you can promote someone as "the man" doesn't necessarily mean the fans will accept that guy as such. They still ultimately determine who gets the pushes and who doesn't.

You still have to have your hand on the pulse of your fanbase. The WWE has traditionally succeeded in that.

Just out of curiosity. Between UFC and WWE what currently has more mainstream appeal? I haven't followed WWE since 2001 and just assumed it was on a steady decline since then and relegated to a niche market. Hearing Sherdoggers talk however, makes me think that WWE is still the more popular and mainstream promotion.

Its pro wrestling, who cares

Just out of curiosity. Between UFC and WWE what currently has more mainstream appeal? I haven't followed WWE since 2001 and just assumed it was on a steady decline since then and relegated to a niche market. Hearing Sherdoggers talk however, makes me think that WWE is still the more popular and mainstream promotion.

Based on Twitter followers, WWE always seems to be higher.

The world has been controlled the same way for a very long time. And fixing fights and competition has always been part of the plan. Whether it be football, the UFC, soccer, boxing.. all of em. Stop wasting your time and go do something proactive. Like read a book and educate yourself. The UFC is straight up trash now.. the fights are fixed.. everyone cuts weight... to the point they aren't winning off of skill. Fuck wants to watch who can cut the most weight? I'll be glad when the fad dies and I hope the sport does too, just because of how mainstream and idiot friendly it's become.

Obviously true for people who pay attention and have some familiarity with both.

I don't know offhand how close they are in rating and PPV buys, but in merchandising alone, WWE absolutely destroys the UFC.

Like I literally was laughing so hard that so many people who clearly know nothing about the sport thought anthony pettis was going to beat RDS. Before the fight started I was talking to my buddy and say to him "wanna see a +450 win? because people ride hype trains on fighters who havent proven themselves/most of them have been following the sport since 2009/know nothing.

Vince McMahon is way worst than Dana White at dealing with people, Lowball Bret because they disagree about his contract

Get out of here. Dana cut all the fighters from one of the most successful gyms because one of their fighters wouldn't sign over his likeness rights for a video game.

You have to separate the businessman from the actor in Vince. Vince is clearly an amazing businessman, and a pretty funny actor too. His business is putting on the male soap opera, no different than circ du soleil or a broadway show. His employees are actors who just so happen (generally) to work out a lot and have a bit more athleticism than the average guy.

Dana is a child in a man's world, trying to have a tough-guy persona in a real fighting business. His employees are legit killers. Dana hides behind twitter and acts like a big spoiled brat. Without his buddies, the Fertitas, he would still be a boxercise instructor.

People recognize the difference between vince the businessman and vince the actor. Dana so craves respect that he acts like a total ass, his immaturity leads him to think this is how he should behave.

They really have different jobs, but I never hear Vince blasting fans on twitter and throwing his own active employees under the bus.

Back