Brock Lesnar >>> Aaron Pico

You are correct, it's different. It's even worst to get brutally stopped by random fighters when you are at lower weights.

Pico is demonstrably a more skilled mmartist than Lesnar.

But Lesnar was a freakishly good athlete in a notoriously weak division, and was hot shotted to a title shot after skipping several guys who wouldve beaten him.

Pico fights in a far deeper division, and cant rely on freakish body dimensions.

Lesnar got put in his place by Cain, Overeem and imo would have lost to other lower ranked guys, too. Him being a huge PPV star meant he didn't have to fight them.

Apples and oranges.

If you cant understand how different divisions are in mma across weights classes, you've proved nothing other than how clueless you are.

Not saying Pico is, or will be that special, but comparing these two fighters is dumb.

Apples and oranges

What I will happily agree to, is that Lesnar was more successful than Pico ever will be. But that's a different story.

And Brock was HW champion in PROFESSIONAL Wrestling. Pico was only a champion in amateur wrestling.

Pico fights in a far deeper division

Yes, but he's not fighting anywhere near the top of that division, that's why I don't think it matters that much. Pico fought guys that are more experienced than him, but it doesn't mean they are world beaters. Lesnar had a lot of flaws and was, indeed, helped by his abnormal physique. He still showed some heart and was able to come back after a bad round against Carwin, when Pico seems to crumble at the first sign of adversity. Regardless of the quality of the opponents, that glaring flaw will prevent Pico from getting anywhere.

I feel kind of bad for pico.

The guy he fought this weekend was pretty good actually.

He should get some gimme fights Nd get his confidence back up

The guy he fought before this was dangerous too.

Who knows how much damage that
Young mans already taken to the brain as well

Yes, but he's not fighting anywhere near the top of that division, that's why I don't think it matters that much. Pico fought guys that are more experienced than him, but it doesn't mean they are world beaters. Lesnar had a lot of flaws and was, indeed, helped by his abnormal physique. He still showed some heart and was able to come back after a bad round against Carwin, when Pico seems to crumble at the first sign of adversity. Regardless of the quality of the opponents, that glaring flaw will prevent Pico from getting anywhere.

Pico trained since day 1 with the best of the best ... Lesnar started with MMA in his late 20s and fought killers since day 1.

Heahlty Lesnar never lost.

Haters go hate but tbh Brock was a pretty good Hw. I wish he got into mma at 24.

Pico is a poor man’s Eddie alvarez

Back