Brits enter lockdown rnd 2

Look how emotionally invested and partisan you are on this issue... it's really childish and very basic to posses such a viewpoint man. Republican governors in the south figured it out over the summer, so maybe you will figure it out over what will be a much harsher winter... not holding my breath tho as the willfully ignorant can't be taught.

You think I'm telling you how I want it to be, when really I'm just telling you how it is. Go get some fresh air, and then reread this thread and show me where I got excited. It's called a prediction you jack ass. I hope I'm very wrong actually.

I just don't believe you. You are clearly invested in being right and are hoping you are.

I expect there will be far less compliance this time, Dominic Cumming's covid escapade destroyed a huge amount of public faith in this government.

lol, literally a week later, there were thousands, tens of thousands of BLM activists marching in the streets of London. I think that did more to dispel the effectiveness of lockdowns.

You have a very short, selective memory.

Last edited:
I just don't believe you. You are clearly invested in being right and are hoping you are.

You're treating it like it is a political issue to be "won" or "lost", and that is the big problem here and why the virus is winning right now. People will get sick and die and others will lose their source of income... The fact you think someone would want that to happen soely based off them making a reasonable prediction shows how far gone you are. Never once itt did I make this partisan like you are doing right now. Grow up dude.

On/off lockdowns make sense if you look at them from the perspective of "This is a temporary measure for the next 6 months." This assumes a timeline of end 2020 or early 2021 for an effective vaccine approval, followed by another 4 months of manufacturing and logistics in order to reach the wider public. We know lockdowns can't eradicate the virus; all they do is drastically lower transmission in the population while they're in effect. Whenever you reopen, the exponential spread starts back up again. "If we assume it's over in 6 months, it's a waste to kill lots of people by remaining open." That's what the scientists and politicians figure.

The real issue with this plan are the unknowns relating to the vaccine, manufacturing and logistics. I'd love to believe that in 6 months it's over, but when has government been that fast and effective? If it turns out to be rolling lockdowns for another 12 months, from the get-go that completely changes the risk assessment. By that point it may turn out that the lockdowns caused far more aggregated harm than it prevented. The longer the vaccine takes, the more you lose the benefit from achieving "free" herd immunity to other lockdown-related devastation.

On/off lockdowns make sense if you look at them from the perspective of "This is a temporary measure for the next 6 months." This assumes a timeline of end 2020 or early 2021 for an effective vaccine approval, followed by another 4 months of manufacturing and logistics in order to reach the wider public. We know lockdowns can't eradicate the virus; all they do is drastically lower transmission in the population while they're in effect. Whenever you reopen, the exponential spread starts back up again. "If we assume it's over in 6 months, it's a waste to kill lots of people by remaining open." That's what the scientists and politicians figure.

The real issue with this plan are the unknowns relating to the vaccine, manufacturing and logistics. I'd love to believe that in 6 months it's over, but when has government been that fast and effective? If it turns out to be rolling lockdowns for another 12 months, from the get-go that completely changes the risk assessment. By that point it may turn out that the lockdowns caused far more aggregated harm than it prevented. The longer the vaccine takes, the more you lose the benefit from achieving "free" herd immunity to other lockdown-related devastation.

You continue to be one of the best posters in all these threads, man. Respect for days. Thoughtful and insightful on boh sides of the camp.

They said the same thing last time and it turned out to be lies. That's the problem with lying. It makes people less likely to believe you next time.
WTF are you talking about? It was never lies. ERs in various states were overwhelmed at their peaks. Principally, this occurred in New York City, and other cities around New York, but there were also cities in Texas and elsewhere that struggled.

No, they're not lying about the number infected, doofus. If it continues to rise we will reach a point where the overflow will be too great, and in far more places simultaneously than the previous peak that overwhelmed NYC.

They said the same thing last time and it turned out to be lies. That's the problem with lying. It makes people less likely to believe you next time.

Hospitals Competing for Nurses as U.S. COVID-19 Cases Surge

As the coronavirus pandemic surges across the nation and infections and hospitalizations rise, medical administrators are scrambling to find enough nursing help—especially in rural areas and at small hospitals.

Nurses are being trained to provide care in fields where they have limited experience. Hospitals are scaling back services to ensure enough staff to handle critically ill patients. And health systems are turning to short-term travel nurses to help fill the gaps.

Adding to the strain, experienced nurses are “burned out with this whole (pandemic)” and some are quitting, said Kevin Fitzpatrick, an emergency room nurse at Hurley Medical Center in Flint, Michigan, where several left just in the past month to work in hospice or home care or at outpatient clinics.

As a result, he said, the ER is operating at about five nurses short of its optimal level at any given time, and each one typically cares for four patients as COVID-19 hospitalizations surge anew. Hospital officials did not respond to requests for comment.

https://apnews.com/article/hospitals-competing-nurses-virus-surge-0e1d92aa8002c1638d8bc9b692c01919

WTF are you talking about? It was never lies. ERs in various states were overwhelmed at their peaks. Principally, this occurred in New York City, and other cities around New York, but there were also cities in Texas and elsewhere that struggled.

No, they're not lying about the number infected, doofus. If it continues to rise we will reach a point where the overflow will be too great, and in far more places simultaneously than the previous peak that overwhelmed NYC.
Cuomo said they were never overwhelmed in nyc. Is cuomo saying because they were able to add additional beds they were technically not overwhelmed or some shit?

Cuomo said they were never overwhelmed in nyc. Is cuomo saying because they were able to add additional beds they were technically not overwhelmed or some shit?
You think maybe he was trying to bullshit that he didn't fail as a leader?

You think maybe he was trying to bullshit that he didn't fail as a leader?
I thought that at first, but wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt for such a massive lie. I mean...his state is still leading in deaths

You're treating it like it is a political issue to be "won" or "lost", and that is the big problem here and why the virus is winning right now. People will get sick and die and others will lose their source of income... The fact you think someone would want that to happen soely based off them making a reasonable prediction shows how far gone you are. Never once itt did I make this partisan like you are doing right now. Grow up dude.

The second someone starts with the 'you're partisan' shit, you know they're partisan.

@Hadron90 The Swedishbros told me that they’re not all dying, is this true?

Yes it is. Sweden are experiencing a slight surge, but nothing out of the ordinary. They're doing fine, small restrictions in certain parts of society and life but by January I'm sure it'll be 100% business as usual there again. Bossed it, those lads.

More people killing themselves daily than this pathetic excuse of a virus that's not even touching 99 percent of the people that get it.

The world is at war and if you think otherwise keep your head buried in the sand.

Back