British Student Loans Repayments. (advice needed)

I think it's unfair to pay back this loan in drips and drabs ... where I will be paying transaction fees through the nose ... paying back way more than I initially borrowed. It's bullshit.
:eek::eek:
How in the hell do you think loans work??? Dollar for dollar? You borrow 10k, you repay 10k? Did you not take any economic classes?

LOL, getting all deep with me.

I'd love to tell you my personal story, but it's a really long story and would open emotional wounds that I would end up smashing my door in like Rampage on TUF 10.

I think I'm going to call up the students loan company and see if we can negotiate something. This company also said in the letter that they are going to charge me more money because I didn't notify them that I left the country ... which makes me more inclined to think f**k em!! and not pay them back at all.

I think it's unfair to pay back this loan in drips and drabs ... where I will be paying transaction fees through the nose ... paying back way more than I initially borrowed. It's bullshit.

Personally, I don't give a shit what your personal story is.

You have a debt, pay it back, simple as that.

It's not the lenders fault that you moved to a different country or face high transaction fees for incremental payments. They are not imposing those fees on you.

Seriously, I don't understand how people can rationalize things like this. Imagine if someone borrowed a large sum of money from you, and they were coming up with all sorts of excuses for not paying it back. Wouldn't you be pissed?

Getting harder and harder to feel bad for you Gooner.

:eek::eek:
How in the hell do you think loans work??? Dollar for dollar? You borrow 10k, you repay 10k? Did you not take any economic classes?

I don't mind paying back a little more than I borrowed- I expect that, but at the same time I don't want to pay back 150% of what I borrowed ... that's a piss take!

Personally, I don't give a shit what your personal story is.

You have a debt, pay it back, simple as that.

It's not the lenders fault that you moved to a different country or face high transaction fees for incremental payments. They are not imposing those fees on you.

Seriously, I don't understand how people can rationalize things like this. Imagine if someone borrowed a large sum of money from you, and they were coming up with all sorts of excuses for not paying it back. Wouldn't you be pissed?

It's not anyone's fault for a lot of things, but in today's climate I sometimes feel pinched, feel like life is constantly trying to checkmate me ... employers not paying you properly, rent and and food prices increasing all the time, recently just broke my arm, probably need another operation on that now ... this is no-one's fault ... it's just life, bro.

I'm Gonna call up this company and negotiate terms for repayment, so don't worry.

so you voluntarily took out the loan but now are pretty much trying to scam your way out of repaying it? You're a standup up guy TS.

and LOL at transaction fees, I am sure it costs a small fortune to transfer monies between two international bank accounts.

now my train is late for work ... my company will probably deduct wages for being late now ... yeah, that's fair ... anyone else wanna take my money?

Back