British mma

Not enough interest, as in MMA on a whole in the UK. Boxing will always be the first choice in the UK for contact sport. Britain has some strong roots with boxing, I don't think MMA can ever grow over here, plus shitty weather lol
Eddie Hearn needs to be killed. Its the only the UFC empire can claim that territory.

Eddie Hearn needs to be killed. Its the only the UFC empire can claim that territory.
Yeah Eddie comes off as an absolute twat, but then again look at the previous major promoters. Warren was a cunt and so was that reincarnated transgender midget. I don't know how the ins and outs of boxing promotions work some gangster just needs to infiltrate it.

All the UK needs is a Conor McGregor character to come to the fore. Just poach some high level boxers that aren't quite good enough to have a well paid career boxing and then give them the fundamentals in grappling. I'm sure there would be a few fighters with personalities. After seeing some fellow Brits have success and the fame and fortune that follows, a la Conor McGregor, there'd be a huge jump in participation numbers and thus more successful fighters.

I don't and never will buy the 'European fighters can't wrestle therefore will never be as good'. If you're coming from a striking background there is absolutely no reason you can't learn the basics of grappling and then play to your strengths and keep the fight standing.

Back