Law Britain abandons democracy

Your own source says he was arrested, no jailed. Care to amend your statement?

You said there are people sitting in jail right now because of words they said in Canada. Your own source shows that claim to be inaccurate.

And of course, your claim is factually wrong. The dude wasn't arrested for his speech, the dude was arrested for violating a law that prevents pro life demonstrators from protesting within 50 meters of an abortion clinic. The law is designed to stop protestors from harassing young women going into clinics.

Fuck dude, are you ever going to stop being wrong??

The dude literally was arrested because of where he was standing and violating a law - it had nothing to do with words coming out of his mouth

Usually it'd require an adequate change in demographics or circumstances. Much like it'd be entirely valid for Scotland to rehold their independence vote on account of the Brexit. Otherwise in terms of demographics I'd say it's generational (traditionally @20years although it's actually a fair bit longer now).

I dunno, seems like someone who was 17 at the time shouldnt have to wait until 37 to be able to vote on an issue.

I would go with as soon as the action is complete another could be held. Now its true that Brexit was voted on so it should happen. But after that..... well people should be able to hold referendums on things they care about.

I dunno, seems like someone who was 17 at the time shouldnt have to wait until 37 to be able to vote on an issue.

I would go with as soon as the action is complete another could be held. Now its true that Brexit was voted on so it should happen. But after that..... well people should be able to hold referendums on things they care about.

Well the other path (which falls under circumstances) would be to make it an election issue. If someone wins a national election with a campaign largely focusing on rejoining the EU, that's a popular mandate to revisit the issue.

Do you think a leave vote would win today with what they know now?

Doubt it.

And aren't you one of the guys that defends the Electoral College tooth and nail? Is it because the masses need to be protected from themselves?
The electoral college is so the whole United States gets a say, not just NYC and CA

This is one of the most aggressive threads I’ve seen in along time.

No. Minorities need to be protected from the mob.

But for a country that claims to be a democracy, you have to be a democracy full time, not just when people vote the way the elite think they should.

It was an advisory vote, not legally binding and there was nothing in it about a no-deal Brexit which would undoubtedly fuck our economy in the arse. Something that every expert has already said.

The left hates powerful, rich and privileged old white men yet they do their bidding with extreme zealotry.
Is it really so hard to say SOME on the left instead of generalizing? I'm on the left. I dont hate powerful rich white men unless they're bad people.

You talk about the left doing their bidding but the right do this as well. Both sides have people doing the bidding's for the more powerful. Good and bad comes from both the left and right. People like you seem too tribal and I believe people in power like this. The more the left and right go at each other the less attention on them.

Wish there could be vote where people in the UK (over 18) can individually choose if they want to be in the EU or not but that would never happen.

Liberty is just another word for freedom. Did I just shatter your and @DIDM s identity by exposing you to this information? You guys built your identity on this notion that the States is the most free place on Earth and you're so blessed by God himself to live in that place, but now I've shattered your illusions and therefore your identity, which is why you can't accept it

Liberty is just another word for freedom.
<TrumpWrong1>

Oxford Dictionary:

Liberty:

The state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behaviour, or political views.

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/liberty

Words have meanings, and that's why we have different words for different things.

Objectively, any country with hate speech laws has less liberty than the United States.

<TrumpWrong1>

Oxford Dictionary:

Liberty:

The state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behaviour, or political views.

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/liberty

Words have meanings, and that's why we have different words for different things.

Objectively, any country with hate speech laws has less liberty than the United States.
LOL "objectively", right pal. Don't pretend like you give a fuck about objectivity and facts. I'm sorry to burst your fragile little bubble. There are dozens of Nations on this Earth who's people are more free than us citizens.

I get it - this is all you know and you have no frame of reference for how much better things could be. So go ahead and stay in your ignorant little fact free bubble of delusion while real patriotic Americans like @BarryDillon and I work to make this country a better place.

LOL "objectively", right pal. Don't pretend like you give a fuck about objectivity and facts. I'm sorry to burst your fragile little bubble. There are dozens of Nations on this Earth who's people are more free than us citizens.

I get it - this is all you know and you have no frame of reference for how much better things could be. So go ahead and stay in your ignorant little fact free bubble of delusion while real patriotic Americans like @BarryDillon and I work to make this country a better place.
giphy.gif

I accept your concession.

You're unable to challenge or refute the notion that any nation with hate speech laws objectively has less Liberty than the United States.

Thank you, you're dismissed.

Back