bringing weapons home from TJ, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Weapons and Tactics' started by xRCx, Jul 14, 2010.

1. xRCx

xRCx Blue Belt

Mods, if this thread is not OK, please either delete or just let me know and I'll modify it.

So I'm heading down to san diego in a few weeks and planning on heading over for a day or so in tijuana, where I have heard there is a fantastic assortment of slightly less-than-legal weaponry to be had.
    I'm planning on grabbing an assortment of the best stuff I can get my hands on.
    Here are my questions:
    1. When driving back into the US, what is the likelihood that they will be found? What sort of trouble could I get in?
    2. Once back in the US, how should I go about getting them back home (Seattle) with me? I will be flying, checking my luggage. My thoughts were check them in my luggage (again, not carry-on) or just mail them to myself from san diego. Does the us postal service go through mail? Will they not deliver them?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

2. Mike Wilson Jr.

Mike Wilson Jr. Amateur Fighter

Idiot...

I hope youre not talking about bringing guns home.

Even if youre just talking knives and brass knuckles, things of that nature, your still looking at a large fine/possible jail time if caught.

And if you have a record already, expect the book.

3. flamingredhead

flamingredhead Blue Belt

First of all good luck getting them over the border. The plane is gonna be even harder. And brown you live in Washington we have some of the gayest weapon laws here if its a illegal fire idk say don't even try it but if its like a switch blade or a butterfly knife then go for it.

4. xRCx

xRCx Blue Belt

Not talking about guns, just knives (switchblades, balisongs, etc) and maybe knuckles (I already have 3 pairs, so unless there are some that are irresistably cool and different, I won't even bother).
    When coming back over the border, do they search your car? I don't forsee buying TONS of shit, and I'd make it as discreet as possible.

5. flamingredhead

flamingredhead Blue Belt

Dude you really don't need to go to the for those I bought my switch blade a balisong in Oregon haha. I wouldn't fuck around with the plane and border make the 3 hour drive to Portland.

6. Byron Pechorin

Byron Pechorin Top Level Human

7. Todd Gack

Todd Gack Dutch

LOL! It's ok, I'm sure getting jailed in Tijuana isn't all that bad.

8. MARINECOP

MARINECOP Banned Banned

No one will check your vehicle unless you look like a drug smuggler. You should be ok. They do not check every vehicle that crosses the border. Don't worry about it. Remember the dogs are trained to smell drugs so don't have any drugs in the vehicle. Bye the way, what type of vehicle will you be driving and when do you plan to do this?

9. pliftkl

pliftkl Green Belt

Bare in mind that the things you are describing are all illegal in Mexico. You might be able to buy them, but Mexican police will leap at the opportunity to shake you down for cash if you are caught with them.

You would be better off simply ordering all of these on the internet. Plenty of people will still sell to you even if you live in a state where such items are prohibited.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  10. mjw1

mjw1 Blue Belt

Terrorist!!!!

11. 460rowland****

460rowland**** Yellow Belt

You must be joking.

12. Taskforce3Tango

Taskforce3Tango Loose cannon

Yeah don't do it

13. Div Muzza

Div Muzza Orange Belt

I'm sure there are plenty of places you can get knives in the US surely.

14. James Keith

James Keith Silver Belt

I have a friend that did this all the time. He walked across the border though. Which is probably the most illegal way to bring them back...

I'm not so sure what the laws are regarding switchblades. I know they're illegal to carry. But obviously not to own at your house. If you put them in a box in your trunk for example (perhaps even dismantled first) I don't see the big deal. Might be a special law for bringing them across the border of course.

As for flying, check with the airline. I'd assume they are ok in checked luggage. You can check luggage with guns after all.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010