Bring Back the Red King

Mousasi and Rory are UFC elite fighters that happen to fight in Bellator .In fact Bellator very lucky to put together a 100% legit superfight between the 2.I believe Tyron would fair much better in re match vs Rory and I believe Gegard would be UFC champ today if he stayed.

Also, how much has Bader evolved ? A question I really can't answer. If ...IF Gegard defeats Rory and Coker let's Mousasi go after lhw title, we obviously find out alot (with Gegard's prior success at 205 and open weight for that matter)

He barely won the bellator title lol could barely give interview. Lima rekt him

ufc had two big losses in a fairly short period of time in macdonald and mousasi. both in their prime, both belt contenders. too many more like that and you might get to a point of critical mass pretty quickly.

That absolutely doesn't bother them and their business model.
Heck, they don't care about Alvarez...who brings more value than both of them.

That absolutely doesn't bother them and their business model.
Heck, they don't care about Alvarez...who brings more value than both of them.
it could eventually. they only get the lion's share of the attention because they are considered the big leagues, but if the scales tip in bellator's favor that will change.

I suppose they could just keep doing the Conor and Brock Show, but that only lasts while the two of them are still fighting. eventually they go away, and then you're left with an inferior stable.

it could eventually. they only get the lion's share of the attention because they are considered the big leagues, but if the scales tip in bellator's favor that will change.

I suppose they could just keep doing the Conor and Brock Show, but that only lasts while the two of them are still fighting. eventually they go away, and then you're left with an inferior stable.

They will never release their champions, and that's where the leverage will come from.
Even if 4 out of top 10 will belong to Bellator, it son't matter because #1 will always stay in UFC.

Plus, their business model is unrelated at all to quality of fighters. Quantity only.
Superstars like Brock, Conor, GSP is just icing on a cake.

Guy couldn’t keep his nose from getting maximum boops and crumbling in the final inning. That, coupled with a personality resembling a generic house plant, means he’ll never compete on the big stage again.
That’s his selling point. The emotionless weirdo Canadian that fights to the death. Brilliant actually.

ufc had two big losses in a fairly short period of time in macdonald and mousasi. both in their prime, both belt contenders. too many more like that and you might get to a point of critical mass pretty quickly.

They should have held onto michael macdonald as well. He had a bit of a rough patch but is doing well in Bellator.

So? Bellator is #2, not #3, I agree. But it's closer to WSOF/ONE than to UFC. There is still an abyss between #1 and #2.
Even after taking two belts,/ Rory will NOT be more famous and known than Woodley. Or Whittaker.
Or Romero, Covington, Till.

The opposition at Bellator WW is indeed nice. Not as good as in UFC, but very decent. Top 10-15 competition for sure.
Yet, that doesn't mean much to anyone but hardcore fans.

Agree to disagree.

I already know people who are casuals that are more excited for Rory vs mousasi and the WW GP more then anything the UFC is doing at WW.Woodley is a boring fighter Rory makes good fights even if it's at a detriment to his own body lol.

I already know people who are casuals that are more excited for Rory vs mousasi and the WW GP more then anything the UFC is doing at WW

Why do you consider them "casuals"? How do these casuals even know about Bellator?

Why do you consider them "casuals"? How do these casuals even know about Bellator?

I consider them casuals because they don't watch every UFC event and fight night,buy every ppv,and most well known fighters to them are Rhonda rousey and mcnuggets L mfao.

They know about bellator because they watch paramount believe it or not lol.I introduced them to PRIDE and early UFC stuff and they come over for bigger ppvs but not addicted like myself.

They are much more interested in the WW GP then anything going on in the UFC WW division they watched Rory vs lima and fell in love lol.That goes double for my hardcore buddy's.

My house is the designated combat sports house I watch tons of MMA and try to invite and expose people to as much of it as I can.Generally I'll have 30-50 people at my house watching events.

The UFC is still the most recognized brand obviously but bellator is becoming more recognizable to casuals and are putting on fights people remember and are talking about as well as receiving more media coverage which is helping.PFL is starting to become popular with casuals too but not near bellator yet.

This is just my personal experience .

I consider them casuals because they don't watch every UFC event and fight night,buy every ppv,and most well known fighters to them are Rhonda rousey and mcnuggets L mfao.

They know about bellator because they watch paramount believe it or not lol.I introduced them to PRIDE and early UFC stuff and they come over for bigger ppvs but not addicted like myself.

They are much more interested in the WW GP then anything going on in the UFC WW division they watched Rory vs lima and fell in love lol.That goes double for my hardcore buddy's.

My house is the designated combat sports house I watch tons of MMA and try to invite and expose people to as much of it as I can.Generally I'll have 30-50 people at my house watching events.

The UFC is still the most recognized brand obviously but bellator is becoming more recognizable to casuals and are putting on fights people remember and are talking about as well as receiving more media coverage which is helping.PFL is starting to become popular with casuals too but not near bellator yet.

This is just my personal experience .

Interdasting. I wonder how rare of a breed are they.

So the Bellator WWs is on the third place of interest for them, after Ronda and Conor?

I ain’t saying he’s the best WW but he’s definitely in the top 1.

Interdasting. I wonder how rare of a breed are they.

So the Bellator WWs is on the third place of interest for them, after Ronda and Conor?

Yes and the UFC WW division isn't even talked about.

Ronda is still all over t.v. and still linked to MMA even though she fake fights now she's the only wmma fighter they know ,wmma is not popular for skill sets I'll say that much. and Connor is the biggest star in MMA so yeah casuals gonna casual lmfao.

That's just the problem with the UFC. A missed opportunity. It could have been an easy drama filled match up between Rory vs Woodley 2 to help establish Woodley as champion. Instead they didn't think Rory was worth more than like 60k per fight. 60k fucking K. They either lacked the foresight to set this up by paying Rory more or were banking on Woodley not being champion for long.

They should never have let him go, I said at that time on here that it was a big mistake to let him go.

For one he is a great fighter, but secondly he is very important for Canadian market, they don't have any top fighters from Canada in UFC, no stars, except GSP, but he is basically a retired fighter, 1 fight in last 5 years. Big mistake I feel by UFC

It could have been an easy drama filled match up between Rory vs Woodley 2 to help establish Woodley as champion.

What would've been that "drama filled" there? Woodley lost to Rory, so? There was no grudge between them, and both do not sell initially.
They could've tried to force them to fabricate some fake rivalry Jones-Cormier style, but who said that would've been worse the effort?

but secondly he is very important for Canadian market, they don't have any top fighters from Canada in UFC, no stars, except GSP, but he is basically a retired fighter, 1 fight in last 5 years. Big mistake I feel by UFC

He has never been able to attract Canadian viewers like GSP did.

What would've been that "drama filled" there? Woodley lost to Rory, so? There was no grudge between them, and both do not sell initially.
They could've tried to force them to fabricate some fake rivalry Jones-Cormier style, but who said that would've been worse the effort?

Champion fighting the challenger who made him look stupid in a fight which he lost. Standard MMA drama.

Back