Bring Back the Red King

DJ just fought so naturally his numbers have peaked. Also Rory has a much more charismatic personality than the current WW champ (sarc!), and would draw in more viewers.

Do you read? My links show search volume over last 5 years. Rory hasn't passed DJ's interest level since his fight with Lawler in 2015. He has little name value and is not worth it for the UFC.

People talk like he's the next GSP when he isn't even the next DJ

He beat the current champ definitively. He's not a gate keeper. Do you even know his fighting history? He's as good as any WW post-GSP.
in UFC has s fucking GK deal with it. Bellator has great. Woodley is not some fighter ....... come on man.

He beat the current champ definitively. He's not a gate keeper. Do you even know his fighting history? He's as good as any WW post-GSP.

he was never gone be ufc champ or get out of gsp shadow

He might be out of GSP shadow...but he's in Bellator shadow now.
Stuck in the promotion ruled by people with marketing ability of a potato.

His only hope is to fight Chael Sonnen one day...and it might not help either

he doing way better in belaltor now than he would in ufc.

I must be the only one who thinks woodley would dominate rory in the rematch.
I think Rory has his number so to speak. Although I do think it would be a much closer fight now. We will have to see how he breaks some habits at 228 to revisit the Rory rematch imo

Some real, disrespectful retards in this thread...

Rory's has solid defensive grappling and a very methodical/technical approach that will always be a very tough matchup for Woodley. Woodley is 36 and Rory should reck him even worse if they fought again.

The only thing that makes me question is whether Rory is devolving a bit. Seems like he's looked worse since GSP left... it makes me wonder how much time they spent training together and if that has hurt his game.

I REALLY don’t understand those, who say that Rory doesn’t have any personality. Fella is straight autistic killer. Wasn’t he fighting professionally since he was like 17? I bet you fellas say that he don’t have charisma just because he’s not athletic enough. This place is filled with homoerotic Yoel Romero loving latent homos.

Do you read? My links show search volume over last 5 years. Rory hasn't passed DJ's interest level since his fight with Lawler in 2015. He has little name value and is not worth it for the UFC.

People talk like he's the next GSP when he isn't even the next DJ

<mma4>

Rory's has solid defensive grappling and a very methodical/technical approach that will always be a very tough matchup for Woodley. Woodley is 36 and Rory should reck him even worse if they fought again.

The only thing that makes me question is whether Rory is devolving a bit. Seems like he's looked worse since GSP left... it makes me wonder how much time they spent training together and if that has hurt his game.

1. He didn't "wreck" Woodley.

2. Rory has taken three beatings, including a life changing one against Lawler, since he beat Woodley.

3. I find it bizarre that anybody could look at Rory's Bellator performances and claim that he's the uncrowned champ at 170. The Daley fight is meaningless because Daley is useless against elite level grapplers, and Rory eeked past Lima by lay-n-praying and stalling against the fence.

If he does well against Mousasi, I'll be hyped to see him come back to the UFC. Otherwise, I don't think that his UFC departure is nearly as unjust as many others here do.

Back