Bring back the nuances of MMA

I was being sarcastic. Except when I started thinking about the no time limit. Regardless of the potential health repercussions and sloppy drawn out fights they were still pretty epic and the fight was not over until someone was finished or gave up/submitted. I'm sure those who hate the point fighters would approve but I still prefer the current system, especially the cage.

From a television stand point, I'm against no time limits. How could you set aside a block of time for a show with no time limits? But in theory, I love the idea. Not on every fight, but on special occasions it would be nice.

Once again, you assume to know what the NSAC cares about and would/could tolerate as if you're actually on the committee.

You do know that the UFC used to have a ton of trouble finding places that would sanction their events?

i completely agree

expanding on aoki bright pants, let wrestlers wear their shoes, let judokas wear their gi.

So.. everyone should wear pants a shirt while they fight then?

There's a reason fighters only wear shorts, mainly because other fighters grab that shit instinctively just like the cage/ropes. At least if there's just shorts the ref can keep an eye out for that shit.

I already told you that they should choose what's best for them. And are you saying there's a greater likelihood for grabbing clothes if a fighter is wearing tights than if they're wearing shorts? I think you just made an argument in favor of tights and AGAINST the shorts, my man.

You do know that the UFC used to have a ton of trouble finding places that would sanction their events?

Yes, and now they're established and have more pull. Besides, this isn't JUST about the UFC. It's about MMA as a whole. I thought only casual fans thought the UFC=MMA.

you did post in the ufc section

It pertains to them as well. Your speed reading needs work, pal. Just go off what I wrote, not what you think I would've written had you actually decided to read it.

i completely agree

expanding on aoki bright pants, let wrestlers wear their shoes, let judokas wear their gi.

The only problem I have with the gi is what could be grabbed by the opponent? The fighter wearing it? What about those times when it starts to come off?

Yes, and now they're established and have more pull. Besides, this isn't JUST about the UFC. It's about MMA as a whole. I thought only casual fans thought the UFC=MMA.

You realize that pull goes away reeeeal quick if we start getting politicians talking about human cockfighting again?

And yeah, just try getting your event sanctioned anywhere in the US if you try to have soccer kicks in your org.

You realize that pull goes away reeeeal quick if we start getting politicians talking about human cockfighting again?

And yeah, just try getting your event sanctioned anywhere in the US if you try to have soccer kicks in your org.

Yeah, and all that "ban rap" nonsense the politicians latched on to did a lot of good too, didn't it? If what Cain did to Bigfoot didn't get the politicians razzled, then neither will the UFC allowing knees to the head of downed opponents in Brazil...or wherever. When the UFC does a show in Nevada, it would be the Unified Rules version that they would be seeking to get approved, nothing else.

Why would the UFC change their rules depending on locale? If a bunch of MLB teams went to another country to play an exhibition game, would they decide to change the rules of baseball? Of course not. Consistency is a good thing. They've already picked certain aspects--a cage, no kicks to a downed opponent, etc.--and they should stick with them.

could you imagine the campaign against the ufc when the have clips of guys getting stomped in the face ?

They already have that shit. Some of the UFC's most beloved fighters made a name for themselves doing that.

Yeah, and all that "ban rap" nonsense the politicians latched on to did a lot of good too, didn't it? If what Cain did to Bigfoot didn't get the politicians razzled, then neither will the UFC allowing knees to the head of downed opponents in Brazil...or wherever. When the UFC does a show in Nevada, it would be the Unified Rules version that they would be seeking to get approved, nothing else.

Mostly those went away after the rule changes. And what about fox? All those international cards are going to be broadcasted on their networks?

No, my friend. I'm saying that I'm all for fighters dressing in an advantageous manner. Grapplers would wear tights. maybe a gi (which I'm still on the fence about). Strikers would not. They'd go shirtless, most likely with tights or loose shorts, or maybe something flashy like those gladiator shorts Melvin Manhoef wears.

They should come out with big cross on their back or wear just one glove.
And punch to the nuts should be legal.

I'm ok with 2, but not 1 and 3. Just imagine Silva/Sonnen on FOX with Andy soccer kicking Chael's head into the 5th row.

Why would the UFC change their rules depending on locale? If a bunch of MLB teams went to another country to play an exhibition game, would they decide to change the rules of baseball? Of course not. Consistency is a good thing. They've already picked certain aspects--a cage, no kicks to a downed opponent, etc.--and they should stick with them.

Once again, I'm talking about nuances and embracing uniqueness. The nuances of MMA don't have to match the nuances of other sports. I don't watch baseball, but I've heard they determine home field advantage during the playoffs based on the outcome of the Allstar game (something like that). No other sport does that, yet it doesn't stop MLB from embracing a unique element of their sport. In soccer they add stoppage time to the end of the game. They don't do that in football. Still, as an example, "the paint" used in basketball is wider(at least it was not too long ago) for international play than it is in the United States. I wouldn't doubt if international rules are different in every major sport than they are in just America. Olympic boxing uses different attire than prefessional boxing.

Mostly those went away after the rule changes. And what about fox? All those international cards are going to be broadcasted on their networks?

They could be PPVs if it's too risque for network television.

The only problem I have with the gi is what could be grabbed by the opponent? The fighter wearing it? What about those times when it starts to come off?

don't you see how that makes things more interesting?

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Back