Bring back the nuances of MMA

Why would someone wear tights if it put them at a disadvantage?

You can't tell me those tights don't give the grappler who is wearing them more grip to control their opponent on the ground.

No, my friend. I'm saying that I'm all for fighters dressing in an advantageous manner. Grapplers would wear tights. maybe a gi (which I'm still on the fence about). Strikers would not. They'd go shirtless, most likely with tights or loose shorts, or maybe something flashy like those gladiator shorts Melvin Manhoef wears.

Why didn't you just come out and say "bring back PRIDE"? Cuz that's all your op says

1) Cause I'm not against using the cage

2) Cause the Unified Rules are here to stay.

3) Did they wear all those different types of clothes in PRIDE?

Just cause PRIDE did some things right doesn't mean the UFC is doing everything wrong. Take it easy. Breath. Your beloved wrestling-centric, board shorts appareled MMA isn't under attack. I'm saying keep all that, but bring back some of the things a lot of the fans miss. MMA will not be hurt by it.

so let strikers put cement in their gloves.

absence of tights doesnt give everyone else an advantage, because its the lack of something

Cement in their gloves? Sure. I believe there's precedent for that.

I would love to see a showtime kick off the top ropes. And bring back headbutts! Why is hitting someone in the face with your face worse than using your elbow or foot? And no time limits would really separate the men from the boys, haven't seen a towel thrown in to the ring in a long time.

You forgot to say "ban elbows too. All they do is end fights"

Nope. I like elbows. I'm against watering down the sport, which is exactly what banning elbows would be. I sense you missed the entire gist of what I wrote. I think you brought a little bit too much of your own baggage into the debate, taking offense to things I didn't even say.

I would love to see a showtime kick off the top ropes. And bring back headbutts! Why is hitting someone in the face with your face worse than using your elbow or foot? And no time limits would really separate the men from the boys, haven't seen a towel thrown in to the ring in a long time.

I can't tell. Are you being sarcastic?

No, my friend. I'm saying that I'm all for fighters dressing in an advantageous manner. Grapplers would wear tights. maybe a gi (which I'm still on the fence about). Strikers would not. They'd go shirtless, most likely with tights or loose shorts, or maybe something flashy like those gladiator shorts Melvin Manhoef wears.

And I'm saying why shouldn't they all just wear shorts? Makes sense that they're all at an equal advantage, no?

No. The UFC has made a concerted effort to legitimize this sport, instilling rules and allowing governing sports commissions to rule over it. Many of the things you ask for are impossible and would begin mixed martial arts' slide back into obscurity. It needs rules, regulation and to be governed. It needs consistency.

How so?

And I'm saying why shouldn't they all just wear shorts? Makes sense that they're all at an equal advantage, no?

Well, we've all seen sweaty fighters slip out of holds, not because their reversals were on point, but rather because they were just greasy. When you're a grappler, being greasy is not an advantage, but it is when you're trying not to grapple with a grappler.

SIMON-CONFUSED-GIF.gif

Well, we've all seen sweaty fighters slip out of holds, not because their reversals were on point, but rather because they were just greasy. When you're a grappler, being greasy is not an advantage, but it is when you're trying not to grapple with a grappler.

Sandpaper pants and super glue can fix that.

Knees to the head of a down opponent should be there at the very least. Garbage without it.

So.. everyone should wear pants a shirt while they fight then?

There's a reason fighters only wear shorts, mainly because other fighters grab that shit instinctively just like the cage/ropes. At least if there's just shorts the ref can keep an eye out for that shit.

Cement in their gloves? Sure. I believe there's precedent for that.

all i am saying is, you cant say the lack of gear is considered an advantage for someone else, because its not there.

So you think McCain wouldn't talk about human cockfighting just because head stomps and soccer kicks happened in Japan or brazil? Remember, nobody cares about some podunk little org overseas. They care about it when it's the UFC.

Pride succeeded in spite of the ring, not because of it.

You could maaaaaybe convince me to allow long tights, although I'm far more in favor of having pretty standard attire (shorts only).

you know your just picking at straws right ? your so wrong it hurts to be in this thread if the did pride rules in another area it would be backstabbing the nsac

Who the fuck is the NSAC? They have limited jurisdiction for a reason. Maybe they need to be reminded of that. Several organizations already operate outside of the NSAC purview already. Your theory that the NSAC wouldn't tolerate the UFC operating under different rules in a different country is baseless, not to mention their ability to do anything about it. Besides, this is an MMA thread, not just a UFC thread. These suggestions apply to Bellator, WSOF, and any other global organization as well. I'd just like to see one of the bigger shows employ these strategies.

Who the fuck is the NSAC? They have limited jurisdiction for a reason. Maybe they need to be reminded of that. Several organizations already operate outside of the NSAC purview already. Your theory that the NSAC wouldn't tolerate the UFC operating under different rules in a different country is baseless, not to mention their ability to do anything about it. Besides, this is an MMA thread, not just a UFC thread. These suggestions apply to Bellator, WSOF, and any other global organization as well. I'd just like to see one of the bigger shows employ these strategies.

Wow. Just wow.

I can't tell. Are you being sarcastic?

I was being sarcastic. Except when I started thinking about the no time limit. Regardless of the potential health repercussions and sloppy drawn out fights they were still pretty epic and the fight was not over until someone was finished or gave up/submitted. I'm sure those who hate the point fighters would approve but I still prefer the current system, especially the cage.

all i am saying is, you cant say the lack of gear is considered an advantage for someone else, because its not there.

Sure you can, when you request to wear it and they say "no" despite the fact that you wear them when you fight in your hometown promotion.

nsac is very powerful do not under estimate them and every governor would start shitting all over mma again why do you want that?

Once again, you assume to know what the NSAC cares about and would/could tolerate as if you're actually on the committee.

Back