Brilliant and Beautiful Gameplan By Tito

Todo Bale

Everything at least, Anything at most
@purple
Reaction score
I'd like to start off by saying in the 20+ years that I've been an MMA fan, I've never been a Tito fan by any sense of the word. Not that I disliked/hated him or anything. He sure was exciting to watch and still is most of the time. Just never considered myself a fan. But much respect to him and his camp for executing the most perfect game plan he ever could in the twilight of his career. Shlemenko possessed superior speed, technical striking, and the confidence of his win streak. If Tito had any place where he could fully capitalize on his size/strength and wrestling advantage it would be from the mount. Before the fight began I said to one of my friends, "I think Tito's best chance is to Jacare this guy" sure enough, Tito went for it like he'd been practicing it his whole camp. Great win.

I was really impressed with Tito, but he fought a Middleweight.

I was really impressed with Tito, but he fought a Middleweight.

While size and strength matters, bear in mind that the middleweight is in his physical prime. Tito, not so much. Over the hill by comparison. Had it been a prime Tito crushing Shlemenko, the win would not have been as impressive. But however rejuvenated his Tito is, he's far removed from his best days.

Back