Brian Vera-If he weighs 180, fight is off

busterwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

You know, thats cool and all that Vera is saying he feels he can still beating, but i think he should speak up a bit more and call this bs. He agreed to fight at 68 and he should stick by it and not give Jr any type of advantage. The dude has already had a tough enough career.

What do you all guess JCCJR will weigh come fight night?

it's one of those damned if he does, damned if he doesn't situations though.

For a guy like Vera, fighting Chavezito on HBO is a big deal, and he might not ever have a chance like this again, so he needs to take the fight regardless. At the same time though, Vera is really a 160lber, so he has at a huge disadvantage if chavez is above 175

it's one of those damned if he does, damned if he doesn't situations though.

For a guy like Vera, fighting Chavezito on HBO is a big deal, and he might not ever have a chance like this again, so he needs to take the fight regardless. At the same time though, Vera is really a 160lber, so he has at a huge disadvantage if chavez is above 175

Agreed. Vera is making $400,00 grand for this fight, plus an extra 6 figures more for the penalty Chavez is incurring. How can he turn that down?

HBO referred to Chavez as the "Pride of Mexico" if I were Mexican I would be insulted by that. This kids a slob. I almost hope he gets a Ward fight so he gets his fucking ass kicked.

Agreed. Vera is making $400,00 grand for this fight, plus an extra 6 figures more for the penalty Chavez is incurring. How can he turn that down?

HBO referred to Chavez as the "Pride of Mexico" if I were Mexican I would be insulted by that. This kids a slob. I almost hope he gets a Ward fight so he gets his fucking ass kicked.

Don't be surprised if Chavez Jr. destroys Ward and makes him look like an amateur for most of the 12 rounds and possibly stops him. Yes, I said it. :icon_evil

He absolutely cannot turn that down. HUGE opportunity for Vera, HUGE payday for Vera.

Don't be surprised if Chavez Jr. destroys Ward and makes him look like an amateur for most of the 12 rounds and possibly stops him. Yes, I said it. :icon_evil

Well this situation is certainly showing us that Chavez has some pull with the boxing powers that be. Maybe he can have it written into the contract that Ward would have to fight him with both hands tied behind his back while jumping on one leg and reciting the alphabet backwards...with his eyes closed.

Chavez won't have to pay a penalty. They changed the contract. It's not like he's coming in weight day overweight.

I hope to god you're not serious with that. I mean, Martinez took him to school and made him look like the kid he is. Ward would murder him. Not even funny to wish such a thing on a guy like Jr.

But, I take it that you were just trying to be funny so...

I hope to god you're not serious with that. I mean, Martinez took him to school and made him look like the kid he is. Ward would murder him. Not even funny to wish such a thing on a guy like Jr.

Styles make fights and Chavez Jr. will be able to take Ward's best shots without a problem. Chavez Jr. is looking huge in his new weight class and I wouldn't be surprised if he defeats Ward by TKO in the late rounds.

Styles make fights and Chavez Jr. will be able to take Ward's best shots without a problem. Chavez Jr. is looking huge in his new weight class and I wouldn't be surprised if he defeats Ward by TKO in the late rounds.

Styles do make fights. However, when there is such a huge gap in skills it's not very important.

when is the weigh ins?

Ghostblade has being stumbling around the forum lately making fanatical claims and repeating them over and over along with blanket statements like "styles make fights" "just too much" etc without any actual analysis to support them. Don't expect any sort of logical discussion or debate from him.

Vera's speech is noticably slurred in the video in the OP.

What part of Chavez' style or Ward's style come into play for this though?

Back