Brian Stann believes IV is overrated

And fighters use them to pass drug test. So now it's going to be banned and you either adjust your weight cut or change your weight class it's that simple.

Never heard of fighters using IV's to passed drug tests.

Care to elaborate?

Doctors in hospitals use IVs to rehydrate. This isn't pseudo-science bullshit.

Doctors do that when there is something preventing the person from being able to drink or absorb water normally. When people are healthy, the IV isn't significantly better than drinking water. That is especially true when they have 24 hours to rehydrate.

Care to elaborate?

I'd rather not because I don't know all the specifics and just until recently I didn't even know that was possible. So I'd just end up completely saying it wrong or leaving out details. I do know Joe Rogan is supposed to have the head of the drug testing for the UFC on his podcast talking about it. That's where I first heard about this stuff going on Joe mentioned it on his podcast. If you google I'm sure you can find some stuff about how it's done I personally passed on doing that cause I want to listen to this interview.

They'll test for plastic residue in the blood left behind by the IV bag.

nah, the test for plasticisers was abandoned and never ratified.

but they do have the right "in competition" to turn up when and where they like, your hotel, your dressing room, wherever, and would catch you

Care to elaborate?

Youre introducing large amounts of liquid into the system (usually saline). Can have a big impact on urinary testing, and also has an effect on blood testing.

Basically dilutes things. Rapid hydration when theres a tester at the door is the common way of attempting to avoid a positive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Username Required LMAO
Back