Brian Ortega will be a champion at 155 not 145

I’ll be sure to come back to this thread after he makes it happen. Names are being saved fellas{<shrug}
Because neither of Max or Volk would follow him up and put another beating on him nor get a title shot at 155 before him? Ortega's 30, Max is 29, and Volk is 32. How's Ortega going to wait for those guys but particularly Max to retire given Max is younger then him. Going to have to make peace with that fact that while he's a tough son of a bitch surviving that beat down he's not likely going to be a championship winning son of a bitch.

Who knows maybe, definitely is a very skilled fighter. Not surprised you’re getting shitted on though, you stated this as a fact. If your approach was more humble, perhaps there would be a better discussion here.

I mean he has a lot of the qualities to be champion but he's missed out a few times now & copped a battering. When you are out cold & getting illegally carried to your stool & getting freebie minutes from Herb... they are doing all they can for the home town guy & when you can't win even with all that... I just see others getting by him.

Brian Ortega is just another Kenny Florian

He's a top level fighter but he doesn't have what it takes to be a champion

And only after Dustin, Chandler and Gaethje either move up or retire. I can see him beating really everyone else including Charles who I still feel is a weak champion. Aljo is weaker though.

Volk said he might go up to 155. Ortega will have to go down to 135 to escape him and Max.

He'll never be champion. Possibly interim but never the real champion.

Ortega's time at the top is done, after the beatings he took I am almost certain he will go down the Rory MacDonald post Lawler fight route.

Stick a fork in him, he is done.

Honestly if oliveria can move up to 155 and become champ why can’t Ortega
Be a use Charles started as a welterweight, went to LW then FW, before going back to LW.

If anything Brian might want to try dropping down a bit where he won’t get punched as hard in the face so much.

They have straight up killer strikers up a weight which seems to be Ortega's problem right now. Going up and fighting bigger guys that are as good strikers seems like a terrible idea.

And only after Dustin, Chandler and Gaethje either move up or retire. I can see him beating really everyone else including Charles who I still feel is a weak champion. Aljo is weaker though.
Stranger things have happened. With the right maturity and mindset, I think he could be a champion. The maturity will take time, and he may fill out over the years, so while I wouldn't bet the farm on your prediction, I'll dump some water on the fire of those flaming you. Now they can flame me too lol.

Despite being 5'8" which is somewhat tall for the division he doesn't seem like he's a big enough FW to move up, he is not visibly shredded when weighing in and from what I'm aware makes 145lb pretty comfortably. He'd be significantly outsized and outmuscled at LW, half of the ranked roster has fought at WW or are rather gangly for the division.

Obivously some other contenders will rise up by the time those three "move up or retire" so it's not as though the belt is up for grab for Ortega the minute they are gone.

Imho you are delusional if you think Ortega has any chance of winning a belt in a heavier weight class when he struggles in his own weight class. He got totally outclassed by Max and Volk, but he also struggled and nearly lost to guys like Guida, Cub, Moicano who are nowhere near the caliber of opponent in the top 15 LW.

Are you expecting all of those guys to retire soon, or for Ortega to wait them out for like 4 more years and hope that no other contenders come along in that time so he can shine at like 34 or 35?

Lol, he's the same age as Islam Makhachev, so why wouldn't Islam be champ at that time?

Back