Brian Foster Opens Up About His Departure From The UFC:

Why can't idk ANYONE do research on a fighter before being like "who?????"

Financial liability. If he got seriously injured and it was known the UFC knew about his injury, they would get sued for big money. Can't blame a company for protecting their own ass.

Sad but it's the pussified sue happy culture we live in. Self reliance and freedom of choice is gone.

He gets one of these

HjQAo.gif

Seems like a reasonable request to me

He had a brain injury as a result of fighting. No surprise the UFC didn't want him... too much of a risk.

One of the hardest hitters at welterweight, if not the hardest hitter. I've never before or since seen Rick Story hurt like he was from a Foster punch in round 1.

Um, he had a fucking brain injury, that's about as serious as it gets and he'd be a liability - he could've been the first casualty of the UFC. They need to bear that in mind or the sport takes an ugly hit. Okay, he's proven himself to be fine now and I liked his fights, but I'd have done exactly the same if I was the UFC.

Didn't he break his ankle or legs playing basketball with a group of high school students?

Anyway, the guy had few back to back injuries and this brain problem isn't good for business or even Brian himself. At that point, its understandable if the UFC was not inclined to sign him. Although, weren't they suppose to pay for Brian's medicals while he was still signed with the UFC?

Fighters get hit in the head a lot he had a brain disorder. of course they cut him. I feel for him... but the reality is he was a liability.

All he wants is an apology? Gimme a break. Just be a man and say they fucked you over on the verge of bigger money. Complaining for the sake of an apology is bush league; it's an unintended acknowledgment that the UFC was in the right.

They paid for the surgery/medical costs.

errrr....wouldnt any business stop an employee with potential life threatening conditions from doing things that could exacerbate that condition?

That's true, the last thing the UFC wants is a fighter dying in the cage.

It would have been nice of Dana to give him a golden handshake when they cut him though....maybe he's not a big enough star because DW was generous with Struve when he couldn't fight

I was wondering the other day why he got released..

I think that makes sense, except there was a guy on TUF (9 i think?) and his whole angle was that he had to stop fighting for that exact reason, and had had surgery and was now back...

edit: this guy http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Santino-Defranco-1135

Though by the looks of it he didn't fight again after TUF so maybe that makes sense

Back