Brian Foster Opens Up About His Departure From The UFC:

Yeah 'no heart' stuff from them. Pretty classless especially since he left on two wins.

errrr....wouldnt any business stop an employee with potential life threatening conditions from doing things that could exacerbate that condition?

umm... he finished matt brown, got diagnosed with a brain disorder, and the ufc cut him on a 2 fight win streak.

yeah this, he looked pretty good in the UFC before his injury

PR liability if something happens..

He has a brain injury though, they're well within their rights to not want to have him fight and risk his health or their business.
UFC or any business for that matter isn't in the business of helping you reach your dreams over what's best for the company.
Sounds like misplaced anger to me.

Whats the deal there? Did he keep pulling out of fights or somerhing?

Yes, I do believe that he burst his testicle after recovering from the brain issue and then could not fight so they cut him.

Odd since we have seen them keep fighters on the roster for almost half a decade without a fight albeit some were champions.

Shouldn't the doctors and AC be the ones that determine if he is fit to fight?

The guy who was released because he had a brain hemorrage and burst testicle causing him to miss back to back fights?

He kinda sounds like a high risk to get seriously injured/killed in the cage...I dont really blame them.

Bad luck for him though,especially if the UFC actually screwed him over by telling him he could fight if he did this or that and then cutting him anyway.

Except every doctor and athletic commission is fine with letting him fight - the UFC are the only ones not wanting him to fight. He's fought five times since the UFC.

Fighters get hit in the head a lot he had a brain disorder. of course they cut him. I feel for him... but the reality is he was a liability.

dude is fun to watch, someone in another thread claimed he dropped out of the shields fight today??

Its sad to hear, but ufc treat the fighters like crap its no news. Being a MMA/UFC fighter is prob one of the worse risk to reward profession in the world (especially among the pro sports world). While being the promoter/commission, its the best and one sided gig compare to any pro sports lol.

Except every doctor and athletic commission is fine with letting him fight - the UFC are the only ones not wanting him to fight. He's fought five times since the UFC.

Obviously the UFC sees him as a risk and they are not obligated to have him fight in the UFC and they do not owe him an apology for it. Business is business.

Foster's record has some really good wins and some really bad wins. He tapped Matt Brown and beat the shit out of Brock Larson, but he's been subbed by Daniel Roberts and Rick Story, and KO'd by Diego Brandao.

Thats messed up, ufc couldnt help em out, sounds like DFW couldnt spare some gamble money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back