International Brexit News & Discussion v7: British Parliament Rejects Theresa May's Brexit Deal (Again)

Yes I do think they would. It is one of the few reasons - but it would need to happen asap.
Suppose it all depends what happens a week on Tuesday. Got a feeling they'll come up with a cross party fudge that doesn't satisfy the ERG or remain voters by then.

after watching question time last night its clear that England is set on jumping off the cliff, there is no appetite for a referendum on the deal. The people of England want no deal... so thats what they should have.

Scotland on the other hand, we have other options.

The old people of Derby who didn't have work so could go to Question Time's recording might want no deal

The old people of Derby who didn't have work so could go to Question Time's recording might want no deal
this wasnt the random gammons in the audience, this was the biggest cheer of the night being for a no deal. The crowd was also a fair mixture of the age demographics. Frankly the difference between the nations is so drastic now that the only way forwards is for both Scotland and England to go their own ways.

a 2nd referendum is pointless when the English people would just vote the same, and can you imagine the outrage that would ensue if there was another referendum but Scotlands vote swung the referendum in favour of remain? Do you really think the English people would accept that result?

this wasnt the random gammons in the audience, this was the biggest cheer of the night being for a no deal. The crowd was also a fair mixture of the age demographics. Frankly the difference between the nations is so drastic now that the only way forwards is for both Scotland and England to go their own ways.

a 2nd referendum is pointless when the English people would just vote the same, and can you imagine the outrage that would ensue if there was another referendum but Scotlands vote swung the referendum in favour of remain? Do you really think the English people would accept that result?

I don't think the Scots swinging it would be the issue the tail has wagged the dog before after all , rather the whole idea of a simple do over of the vote is just not going to fly .

I don't think the Scots swinging it would be the issue the tail has wagged the dog before after all , rather the whole idea of a simple do over of the vote is just not going to fly .
I see no point of it either because just like last time theres no gauruntee that Scotlands vote would be respected, we could overwhelmingly vote remain once again and still have to do whatever England decides. Which is why I say you guys should just have the Brexit you are so intent on having, and we will go our own way.

The torries are such a joke. It was so clear when Corbyn put them on the spot, they backed May. They are just against her deal, and they have no other deal or solutions. As someone who is European and lives in UK, I dont think people outside understand how the Brexit came about. The out campaigned on the biggest lies ever. Basically convinced by going out of Europe, we dont have to deal with all the bad side of being in the EU and can still get the benefit of all the good things. While at the same time making great trade deals with the US. I work with some dumbasses who never voted or care for politics, but they were so excited to vote brexit. The lies Boris and Nigel Farage campaigned on rivals any lie trump told. And best part was as soon as brexit happened, they backed off as they knew shit was gonna hit the fan. Now they are nowhere to be seen or offer any solutions.

I don't think it was representative of the country at all, also it's Question Time, people whoop and cheer like it's panto every week. I'm not that surprised No deal was popular in Derby though given they voted almost 60% leave.

I honestly can't say how people would react to a 2nd referendum but I think people like Rees-Mogg who threaten mass civil unrest at the mere mention of it are wholly irresponsible.

I don't think it was representative of the country at all, also it's Question Time, people whoop and cheer like it's panto every week. I'm not that surprised No deal was popular in Derby though given they voted almost 60% leave.

I honestly can't say how people would react to a 2nd referendum but I think people like Rees-Mogg who threaten mass civil unrest at the mere mention of it are wholly irresponsible.
Most of your country are willing to risk leaving with no deal in the hope that the EU will crumble at the last moment and offer them everything they want. Its fucking pathetic.

Ive held out hope that people would see sense but Im past that now, my focus is on independence. We can do things far better

I think it's only 'special' people that apply to go on QT and even more 'special' are the people that the Beeb accept .

I think Rees-Moog is overstating the potential popular opposition , I would expect a large demo but I think people are more weary than angry .

Last edited:
Most of your country are willing to risk leaving with no deal in the hope that the EU will crumble at the last moment and offer them everything they want. Its fucking pathetic.

You're basing that on?

The torries are such a joke. It was so clear when Corbyn put them on the spot, they backed May. They are just against her deal, and they have no other deal or solutions. As someone who is European and lives in UK, I dont think people outside understand how the Brexit came about. The out campaigned on the biggest lies ever. Basically convinced by going out of Europe, we dont have to deal with all the bad side of being in the EU and can still get the benefit of all the good things. While at the same time making great trade deals with the US. I work with some dumbasses who never voted or care for politics, but they were so excited to vote brexit. The lies Boris and Nigel Farage campaigned on rivals any lie trump told. And best part was as soon as brexit happened, they backed off as they knew shit was gonna hit the fan. Now they are nowhere to be seen or offer any solutions.

Boris and Nigel had 0 power in this situation. What it comes down is that Cameron won the election by promising a vote on leaving the EU, and capitalized on the votes of people who wanted to leave despite not wanting to leave himself. Then when 'stay' didn't win as he expected, he walked away and dropped the hot potato on May. It's childish. Now we have an entire party who doesn't even want Brexit who are in the situation to negotiate it. Should have just shut up instead of promising referendums they were not prepared or interested in seeing through.

Boris and Nigel had 0 power in this situation. What it comes down is that Cameron won the election by promising a vote on leaving the EU, and capitalized on the votes of people who wanted to leave despite not wanting to leave himself. Then when 'stay' didn't win as he expected, he walked away and dropped the hot potato on May. It's childish. Now we have an entire party who doesn't even want Brexit who are in the situation to negotiate it. Should have just shut up instead of promising referendums they were not prepared or interested in seeing through.
Short term opportunism at its worst

You're basing that on?
DxKVMwbX4AEDMJr.jpg

this for starters, then youve got the rise of the English far right. The complete lack of support for a 2nd referendum from most sections and from online chatter.

Ive lost what very little faith I had in the English people. I shouldve known to what to expect considering how often you guys vote Tory.

DxKVMwbX4AEDMJr.jpg

this for starters, then youve got the rise of the English far right. The complete lack of support for a 2nd referendum from most sections and from online chatter.

Ive lost what very little faith I had in the English people. I shouldve known to what to expect considering how often you guys vote Tory.

What is that a graph of there's no reference key or index?

Support for a second referendum is at its highest since the first referendum

Brexiteers, would you accept a second referendum that just decides on the mode of Brexit (assuming Brexit as a given)?

Lol so people can try to make it a brexit "in name only"?

Doesn't seem Democratic.

What is that a grap of there's no reference key or index?

Support for a second referendum is at its highest since the first referendum
thats a graph of how people voted in 2016. Are you seriously under the impression that the swing in opinion is big enough to make any difference even if a 2nd referendum is offered? I seriously dont. Also as Ive previously stated Im past caring.

thats a graph of how people voted in 2016. Are you seriously under the impression that the swing in opinion is big enough to make any difference even if a 2nd referendum is offered? I seriously dont. Also as Ive previously stated Im past caring.

Ok but that doesn't backup your initial claim and yes I think there's been a shift in opinion (as evidenced in polling) whether it is substantial enough is another question.

Ok but that doesn't backup your initial claim and yes I think there's been a shift in opinion (as evidenced in polling) whether it is substantial enough is another question.
my claim is based on listening to english citizens in the media and online. seeing the difference between the question time audiences in Scotland and England. That along with the general vibe in both countries. I just dont see this swing in opinion from the English.

I also dont see how you can get a 2nd referendum as neither of the main 2 parties support it. The SNP are fighting harder for it than almost anyone which is pissing off its supporters back home. Its just a situation that aint getting resolved, and the SNP should just come home.

Back