International Brexit News & Discussion v7: British Parliament Rejects Theresa May's Brexit Deal (Again)

Democracy only applies when the vote is what the forces want. Now the excuse is the vote was too close lol no wonder with all the terrorism done by media

Democracy only applies when the vote is what the forces want. Now the excuse is the vote was too close lol no wonder with all the terrorism done by media

I'm a Eurosceptic but the referendum was fucked up from it's very inception , so it's really no surprise that after all the sound and fury we are where we are now no further forward and no further back .

Banning christianity and booze would do the Scots a power of good , they could probably manage without men in skirts tossing sticks about a field too .

You do know why scottish men wear kilts right?

Sheep can hear pants unzipping at 120 yards <{Heymansnicker}>

The troll farm that won the '16 US presidential election probably fucked with the Brexit vote too.

Well you gotta admit that the majority of the people today does not want Brexit. And certainly a vast majority of people did not want and has not voted for a super disruptive Brexit.

At the same time, polls today are still close enough. If 70% of people said 'ok, I don't want Brexit now that I know what it will bring', then a second referendum would be a must in my opinion. But polls say 52-48 remain, so it is not like that.

The way it is right now, the UK would be a burden for the EU, so they better get their shit together in the next decade first.

Well you gotta admit that the majority of the people today does not want Brexit. And certainly a vast majority of people did not want and has not voted for a super disruptive Brexit.

At the same time, polls today are still close enough. If 70% of people said 'ok, I don't want Brexit now that I know what it will bring', then a second referendum would be a must in my opinion. But polls say 52-48 remain, so it is not like that.

The way it is right now, the UK would be a burden for the EU, so they better get their shit together in the next decade first.

So you are going to keep doing referendums until you get the result you want?

There was a massive propaganda from politicians, personalities and rich people against Brexit and they still lost. The fear mongering was constant yet most voted for the Brexit, its time to respect the majority thats whats democracy is about.

Doing polls to push for a new referendum is not democratic and I would have a hard time trusting polls from outlets that are clearly against Brexit.

So you are going to keep doing referendums until you get the result you want?

There was a massive propaganda from politicians, personalities and rich people against Brexit and they still lost. The fear mongering was constant yet most voted for the Brexit, its time to respect the majority thats whats democracy is about.

Doing polls to push for a new referendum is not democratic and I would have a hard time trusting polls from outlets that are clearly against Brexit.

As I said, I would support a new referendum if there were indications of a major shift in political opinion. That is not the case.

Right now, politicians seem to be unable to break the stalemate. There is no parliamemtary majority for any option. IMO Parliament should hold a series of votes pitting the available options (revoke, hard Brexit, ....) Head to Head until one remains.

IMO Parliament should hold a series of votes pitting the available options (revoke, hard Brexit, ....) Head to Head until one remains.

That would be the logical thing to which is probably why it won't happen , May will have to size up the least bad options a softer Brexit to appease Labour but with the danger that it could potentially split her own party enough in the process to risk losing the no-confidence vote .

I'm a Eurosceptic but the referendum was fucked up from it's very inception , so it's really no surprise that after all the sound and fury we are where we are now no further forward and no further back .

That's done on purpose

As I said, I would support a new referendum if there were indications of a major shift in political opinion. That is not the case.

Right now, politicians seem to be unable to break the stalemate. There is no parliamemtary majority for any option. IMO Parliament should hold a series of votes pitting the available options (revoke, hard Brexit, ....) Head to Head until one remains.

Parliament should vote what the people want, the breaking point on the issue of the Ireland bother just sounds as a pretext to avoid Brexit. I don´t know enough about it to have a proper opinion but it seems that politicians are doing everything they can to enforce their choice over their own voters.

Brits need to get their own version of yellow vests out and take to the streets

It's been what, 5, 6 years since the people voted for something the government is refusing to implement?

Edit. Apparently the big vote was only 2016 so I'm mistaken

Last edited:
Just a reminder that Theresa May is the person who stopped Bill Bratton, the man who cleaned up Death Wish-era NYC that no one thought possible from becoming the Metropolitan Police Commissioner for crime-ridden London because she found him too be too macho and not deferential enough to her at a dinner. That's the kind of person you are dealing with.

It's been what, 5, 6 years since the people voted for something the government is refusing to implement?

Two and a half years, it's not that old for something that complex. I don't think anyone actually expected an immediate no deal Brexit, of course there are negociations.

Two and a half years, it's not that old for something that complex. I don't think anyone actually expected an immediate no deal Brexit, of course there are negociations.

Wait, no. I remember seeing headlines on a newspaper stand that the vote passed at a hotel when I had my travel job

Well dang. I looked it up and that vote was 2016. Wow. That's a hard memory of mine that's just way off. Must have been one of the few times I traveled in my last job.

Thank you for correcting me.

Parliament should vote what the people want, the breaking point on the issue of the Ireland bother just sounds as a pretext to avoid Brexit. I don´t know enough about it to have a proper opinion but it seems that politicians are doing everything they can to enforce their choice over their own voters.

Then maybe Brexiteers should have thought about it before they decided to start this mess, instead of promising free unicorns for everyone.

It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete arseholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference!
Junkies can be quite dour but they do paint a lovely picture some of the time :D

Banning christianity and booze would do the Scots a power of good , they could probably manage without men in skirts tossing sticks about a field too .
you can attempt to make fun of our national dress all you want but when compared to Englands its far more masculine...... so call it a skirt all you want. But at least it aint this.
--.jpg

Morris.dancing.at.wells.arp.jpg

bunch of fucking nonces

Back