International Brexit Discussion v9: The Last Extension

If Scotland decides to leave the Union it will be cause the people decided not cause someone gave it to us.

Then let them decide.

Scotland decided to vote remain, same with Northern Ireland. Both of them should have their chance to leave the UK based on that alone.

Wonder how the average Brit see's this.

If it were me, and I were a labour member that was blaming the Torries for a potential hard Brexit, I'm just shaking my head as I watch Labour get outmaneuvered, into clearly muddying the waters as to who would be to blame for a hard Brexit.

I'd give anything for David Lammy to be asked if his parents fled Guyana because it was a shithole country.

The British Parliament is just wasting everyone's time at this point. 3 years of bickering is enough, either shit or get off the pot.

Nope current situation is due to a minority government. The next extension brings a GE and with Corbyn being unelectable Johnson will get a majority and can do whatever he wants.

The problem is it's a single issue and there's already a polled remain majority.

The next 5 years will be spent dodging a referendum because as realistic brexitiers acknowledge benefits will take 10 years to realise so in the short term support is only going to go down.

If Labour sorts themselves out there could well be a U turn at the following GE if they run for rejoin.

I voted Labour once. Never again. Diane Abbott alone puts me off voting for Labour.

I despise them all, to be honest. I despise them, and I don't trust them.

I probably won't vote in a second referendum, or in a general election.
And yet the other option are current far right tories or the fuck eveyone who isnt rich party , the lib dems aka throw your vote away , ukip if you have learning difficulties .......monster raving looney party seems the sensible choice more and more

And yet the other option are current far right tories or the fuck eveyone who isnt rich party , the lib dems aka throw your vote away , ukip if you have learning difficulties .......monster raving looney party seems the sensible choice more and more

Well the Lib Dems promised to revoke Article 50 without a referendum. I'm curious to see how that will go for them.

I'll probably vote for Satan btw. Seems to be an honest bloke.

Aren't we being a bit dishonest to make claims that the Tories are far right? I mean, after all the NF and BNP we classed as far-right parties in this country 15 years ago. The tories are a party with 2 brown people on the front bench in the cabinet today. And have given the UK 2 female prime ministers. You sound like that little angry porridge goblin ian blackford hehe, he makes out like the tories are the BNP. The facts just dont stack up though.

Aren't we being a bit dishonest to make claims that the Tories are far right? I mean, after all the NF and BNP we classed as far-right parties in this country 15 years ago. The tories are a party with 2 brown people on the front bench in the cabinet today. And have given the UK 2 female prime ministers. You sound like that little angry porridge goblin ian blackford hehe, he makes out like the tories are the BNP. The facts just dont stack up though.
These Tories are very 'right' maybe not far right, but still much further right than recent Tory govts in an economic sense. Johnson is probably the least so of the cabinet, I think he is much more power hungry than having a clear underlying political philosophy. Whether or not they are 'far right' in the more recent sense of the term to do with racial animosity, no I don't think I would go that far.

Economics wise man which trumps all else , the fact they have brown or female front benchers means nowt to me its their consistant policies to fuck the adverage joe over for their rich toff buddies that make them far right
I mean thatcher may have been female but she pretty much torched parts of the uk thatl never recover at the altar of the cult of milton friedman

So a referendum could be organized in a matter of months?

How odd. Since years and years and years of stalling and preperation were apparently required for the first referendum, even after it was finally agreed to and despite all the time leading up to it, apparently people didn't know what they were voting for. But a second referendum could be organized in less than 20 weeks and yet people would know what they were voting for. Such frauds.

So a referendum could be organized in a matter of months?

How odd. Since years and years and years of stalling and preperation were apparently required for the first referendum, even after it was finally agreed to and despite all the time leading up to it, apparently people didn't know what they were voting for. But a second referendum could be organized in less than 20 weeks and yet people would know what they were voting for. Such frauds.
I wish you would stop posting your retarded nonsense in this thread.

You didn't even understand the fucking Irish border.

Go and get fucking educated you idiot fuckwit.

Last edited:
These Tories are very 'right' maybe not far right, but still much further right than recent Tory govts in an economic sense. Johnson is probably the least so of the cabinet, I think he is much more power hungry than having a clear underlying political philosophy. Whether or not they are 'far right' in the more recent sense of the term to do with racial animosity, no I don't think I would go that far.
Id agree with this.

I reckon Boris will be on full meltdown mode by the end of this week;

Tonight, He'll lose the vote on the timetable for the letwin bill
Tomorrow He'll call a general election
Thursday he will lose another vote in the house, because no one else wants a GE
Friday the Eu will grant an extension until the 31st January

if Boris is still alive on Monday next week, its likely noises will start about him losing his job, if he doesn't stand down.

British politics has become the most spiteful I remember.

MPs reject Johnson's Brexit timetable; a major defeat for the PM
MPs have voted to reject the government’s timetable for the passage of the bill that would implement the prime minister’s Brexit deal.

They voted against by 322 to 308; a majority of 14.

Johnson 'pauses' Brexit legislation
Boris Johnson has confirmed he will set aside the bill that would implement his deal, despite the fact the Commons has just backed it, after his proposal to fast-track it through parliament was rejected by MPs.

He says he does not want a delay and will continue to discuss with EU27 leaders until they decide whether or not to grant one.

Ken Clarke asks the prime minister to reconsider pausing the deal, saying he cannot see the logic of pausing progress on it when the Commons is looking for time to debate it.

Two steps forward one step back.

So, Boris won his deal through the house with a majority of 30. Tonight shocked me, I didn't expect that to happen. its just become clear to me now that brexit will happen.
Boris will have to concede and ask the EU for a month + extension but I suspect the 31st JAN is logical.

So long EU :s

Two steps forward one step back.

So, Boris won his deal through the house with a majority of 30. Tonight shocked me, I didn't expect that to happen. its just become clear to me now that brexit will happen.
Boris will have to concede and ask the EU for a month + extension but I suspect the 31st JAN is logical.

So long EU :s

It was always going to happen either now or after a GE with Corbyn being electoral poison.

Back