International Brexit Discussion v9: The Last Extension

House of Lords is against brexit.

Is Europe just full of people used to saying “yes my liege”?

Like imbedded in their DNA
Like I said you haven’t got a clue.

I mentioned the House of Lords because moaned about unelected officials you absolute dickhead.

Just get your freedom already Britain.

Unelected aristocratic elites in the EU can no longer rule the British people once you leave.

Then France, Italy and Greece will leave. No more EU. And piss on the ashes of the monarchied elites dream.

Or they'll see how badly we shot ourselves in the foot and think better of it?

Just get your freedom already Britain.

Unelected aristocratic elites in the EU can no longer rule the British people once you leave.

Then France, Italy and Greece will leave. No more EU. And piss on the ashes of the monarchied elites dream.

LOL. In your dreams maybe.

France isn't going anywhere and its people support the EU by a vast majority (last polled in 2019). Italy is seeing this complete shit show with Brexit and are overwhelmingly against leaving the EU. It will tank their economy even worse than what UK will likely face. Greece??? LOL. If you want them to become the next Zimbabwe financially speaking then yeah... leave EU...

I am pro hard Brexit and hard Irish border. Conservative ideals need to be shown without liberals half fixing them.
fuck that shit , if the morons want to go their own way thats up to them, but dont fuck up where i live

Just get your freedom already Britain and bow down to new unelected wto rulers

elected aristocratic elites in the EU can no longer rule the British people once you leave instead the unelected aristocratic elites in the wto will

Fixed it for you

The thing is, I don't think Boris wants no deal Brexit. Heck, he probably doesn't even want Brexit (though not delivering would hurt him at some point). What he wants is power.

And ultimately, the EU also wants him to have a stable government in order to even be able end this ordeal with a deal (which might get cosmetic adjustments to save BJ's face).

20/22 of the current cabinet including Borris voted for the deal last time round - hes more the happy with it & would have been set if it had gone through.

As it is a no deal & he's likely done once the economy tanks and the unicorns dont appear.

The current act is terrifying Westminster as much as the EU. All of a sudden a rebrand of Mays deal may look like the moderate option and once more Borris is set.

I'm willing to bet that the U.S-U.K trade deal would not take anywhere near the 10 years projected by Obama, since he wanted the U.K back of the queue and Trump doesn't.

In fact, chances are we would have a U.S-U.K deal completed LONG before a U.S-E.U deal comes into fruition.

Elementary fact for the petty Remainers who are still out to sabotage their own country in a tantrum after not getting the referendum result they wanted: the U.S is the U.K's largest trade and investment partner. Get that deal in the bag in a timely manner rather than continue quarrelling among yourselves and you would eliminate a lot of economic uncertainties and doubts and prove that the U.K is indeed open for business.

President Trump: US and UK working on 'very substantial' trade deal
27 July 2019

p07hzr2g.jpg

US President Donald Trump has said talks about a "very substantial" trade deal with the UK are under way.

He said a bilateral post-Brexit deal could lead to a "three to four, five times" increase in current trade.

After a phone call with Boris Johnson on Friday, Mr Trump said the new prime minister would be "great". He added US-UK trade had previously been "impeded" by Britain's membership of the EU.

Once the UK leaves, he said, the UK can expect to do "much more" trade with the US, he said.

Mr Johnson and Mr Trump said they would begin formal negotiations "as soon as possible" after the UK leaves the EU.

While the UK is in the EU, it cannot sign its own trade deals. Brexit is due to happen on 31 October.

What is a trade deal?
Trade deals involve two or more countries agreeing a set of terms by which they buy and sell goods and services from each other.

Deals are designed to increase trade by eliminating or reducing trade barriers. These barriers might include import or export taxes (tariffs), quotas, or differing regulations on things such as safety or labelling.

Why don't the US and UK already have a trade deal?
In short, because the US and EU do not have one.

The EU customs union forbids members negotiating trade agreements separately from the EU. Instead, trade agreements are negotiated collectively.

In 2013, under President Barack Obama, the US and the EU launched a programme of negotiations known as the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, or TTIP.

That proposed trade agreement was put on hold by the US after Mr Trump was elected as president, but the EU has approved new talks.

How long could a US-UK trade deal take to agree?
The EU-Canada agreement - which removed 99% of tariffs - was seven years in the making , while the EU-South America deal agreed in June took 20 years to negotiate.

The EU and US have been having a stop-start conversation about trade for years but a fresh round of formal talks were only recently approved by the EU .

So even though both Mr Trump and Mr Johnson seem keen to do a deal, it could still take years, although - in theory - it is easier to negotiate with one country than a multi-national bloc.

Barack Obama said in 2016 a UK-US trade deal could take 10 years to negotiate if the UK left the EU.

How much is US-UK trade worth at the moment?
The US is a major trade and investment partner for the UK - by some measures the biggest of all.

According to the Office for National Statistics' latest available figures , the US (including Puerto Rico) is our top trading partner.

Total trade (imports and exports) between the UK and US was worth £183.2bn in 2017, which made up 14.6% of total UK trade.

The Office of the United States Trade Representative estimated the total trade figure for 2018 at $262.3bn (£211.9bn).

The US Chamber of Commerce says the UK is the US' seventh largest trading partner and the fourth largest export destination for American goods and services.

What trade deals has the UK done so far?
As a member of the EU, the UK is part of about 40 trade agreements the EU has with more than 70 countries.

If the UK leaves the EU without a deal it would lose these trade deals immediately - worth about 11% of total UK trade .

So far the UK has agreed "continuity" deals with 12 countries and regions: Central America , Andean countries , Norway and Iceland , Caribbean countries , Pacific Islands , Liechtenstein , Israel , Palestinian Authority , Switzerland , the Faroe Islands , Eastern and Southern Africa and Chile .

These areas account for 64% of trade currently covered by EU agreements for which the UK is seeking continuity, the government says. The agreements mostly replicate EU trade deals.

In addition, the UK has also announced a deal in principle with South Korea , which is "expected to be signed shortly".

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-politics-49135045

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet that the U.S-U.K trade deal would not take anywhere near the 10 years projected by Obama, since he wanted the U.K back of the queue and Trump doesn't.

In fact, chances are we would have a U.S-U.K deal completed LONG before a U.S-E.U deal comes into fruition.

President Trump: US and UK working on 'very substantial' trade deal
27 July 2019

p07hzr2g.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-politics-49135045
nobody wants a US trade deal other than the fuckwit Brexiteers. Keep your low quality food and tell your healthcare lobby to go fuck itself

nobody wants a US trade deal other than the fuckwit Brexiteers. Keep your low quality food and tell your healthcare lobby to go fuck itself
Your gonna take your corn dogs and 10000 usd bottles of insulin and like it.

Michael Gove considered 'closing banks on November 1st to reduce No Deal chaos'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/michael-gove-considered-closing-banks-18870042

According to two sources Mr Gove said: "I don't know if this is a good idea at all. Tell me if it isn't. What about a bank holiday?"

The government has since said that a bank holiday to deal with the dangers of crashing out the EU is not government policy.

What’s an absolute clusterfuck. Destroy the country for blue fucking passports.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/michael-gove-considered-closing-banks-18870042

According to two sources Mr Gove said: "I don't know if this is a good idea at all. Tell me if it isn't. What about a bank holiday?"

The government has since said that a bank holiday to deal with the dangers of crashing out the EU is not government policy.

I like it the idea , let the holiday run an extra few days till Guy Fawkes then we can go properly mental .

ismww9t.jpg

Economy shrank today according the news

Were going down boys

And I can’t wait

it's going to be the best deal the world has ever seen.

US will be ready 'pen in hand' to sign trade deal with UK after Brexit
August 08, 2019​

pompeomike_raabdominic_080719getty.jpg

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Wednesday that the U.S. would be ready with "pen in hand" to sign a trade deal with the United Kingdom following Brexit.

Pompeo made the comment while standing alongside British Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab, who was visiting Washington.

"We support the United Kingdom's sovereign choice, however Brexit ultimately shakes out, and we'll be on the doorstep, pen in hand, ready to sign a new free-trade agreement at the earliest possible time," Pompeo said.

He also touted the "special" relationship between the two countries.

Raab said that the U.K. is "absolutely resolved" to leave the European Union by the end of October, according to The Associated Press.

British officials have signaled a desire to make trade deals with other countries following Brexit.

Raab's visit to the U.S. comes weeks after Boris Johnson became the new U.K. prime minister. Johnson has been one of the most vocal Brexit proponents and has maintained a positive relationship with President Trump.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehil...-in-hand-to-sign-trade-deal-with-uk-after?amp

US will be ready 'pen in hand' to sign trade deal with UK after Brexit
August 08, 2019​

pompeomike_raabdominic_080719getty.jpg

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Wednesday that the U.S. would be ready with "pen in hand" to sign a trade deal with the United Kingdom following Brexit.

Pompeo made the comment while standing alongside British Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab, who was visiting Washington.

"We support the United Kingdom's sovereign choice, however Brexit ultimately shakes out, and we'll be on the doorstep, pen in hand, ready to sign a new free-trade agreement at the earliest possible time," Pompeo said.

He also touted the "special" relationship between the two countries.

Raab said that the U.K. is "absolutely resolved" to leave the European Union by the end of October, according to The Associated Press.

British officials have signaled a desire to make trade deals with other countries following Brexit.

Raab's visit to the U.S. comes weeks after Boris Johnson became the new U.K. prime minister. Johnson has been one of the most vocal Brexit proponents and has maintained a positive relationship with President Trump.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/policy/finance/trade/456756-pompeo-us-will-be-waiting-pen-in-hand-to-sign-trade-deal-with-uk-after?amp

The end of October? Well that's a nice timeline for squeezing the UK lol.

This is actually what trump is really good at. Negotiating from a position of power. He likely can do a great job screwing the UK over for the benefit of the USA.

Just a question, other than Germany, which nation has had long term prosperity under the European Union?

Back