International Brexit Discussion v9: The Last Extension

There is no reason why the EU, Ireland and Britain can't come up with an agreement to allow things at the Irish border to carry on as they are
It is called 'customs union'.

Last edited:
The Irish border 'crisis' is a completely manufactured one bewteen Brussels and Westminster to put yet another spanner in the works to prevent Brexit. But with May gone and Johnson now in charge he has called the EU's bluff we are once again seeing their true colours. There is no reason why the EU, Ireland and Britain can't come up with an agreement to allow things at the Irish border to carry on as they are, none at all. It should be very straight forward but the only people standing in the way are the EU are EU fanatics, who are even trying to open old wounds and reignite the troubles just to try and get their way. It is utterly despicable and just another example of why we were completely correct to leave this wretched racket in the first place.

As they are? With EU members crossing as they please?

So much for sovreignity lol.

The burden of proof is on the accuser, you’re bias makes you blind as a bat, Boris is a great man
The proof was already in the thread you idiot. You’re the one who said it was lies.

Fuck me you’re dumb.

The proof was already in the thread you idiot. You’re the one who said it was lies.

Fuck me you’re dumb.
A thread with really stupid accusations ? I should make a thread about how you like to touch little boys and it's true until you prove other wise.

Quality contributions by the Brexiteers itt.

Oh boy. There is a reason @WhitebeltXL has long recognized Brexit was not the smartest idea (to put it mildly) even if it aligns with his ideology, and been wrt these threads like

tumblr_pjfekhC0Ly1u955i8o1_400.gif

The Irish border 'crisis' is a completely manufactured one bewteen Brussels and Westminster to put yet another spanner in the works to prevent Brexit. But with May gone and Johnson now in charge he has called the EU's bluff we are once again seeing their true colours. There is no reason why the EU, Ireland and Britain can't come up with an agreement to allow things at the Irish border to carry on as they are, none at all. It should be very straight forward but the only people standing in the way are the EU are EU fanatics, who are even trying to open old wounds and reignite the troubles just to try and get their way. It is utterly despicable and just another example of why we were completely correct to leave this wretched racket in the first place.
<{1-1}>

It's not "Irish People becoming savages". Even saying something like that just shows you don't get it.

Edit: I don't really get it either, i'm not there. But what I know is that describing Irish Nationalists refusal to abide border posts to the point of attacking/tearing them down does not make them 'savages'.

Northern Ireland: Blast targets police near border
4 hours ago
41660434_101.jpg

Traffic crossing the border between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland in the village of Bridgend, Co Donegal.
Police say it is the sixth blast targeting officers this year. A police chief warns that deadlock over Brexit is abetting such attacks.

A device exploded in Northern Ireland near the border with Ireland early on Monday, in what police say was the sixth attempt to kill officers this year. There were no injuries reported.

No group has yet claimed responsibility for the blast, which hit near a busy road in County Fermanagh, close to the location where officers were investigating a suspicious device discovered on Saturday.

Northern Ireland has witnessed a rise in attacks in recent months, claimed by militant groups who oppose British rule and the 1998 peace accord which ended 30 years of sectarian violence in the province.

https://www.dw.com/en/northern-ireland-blast-targets-police-near-border/a-50084802

So are these Irish Nationalists tearing down border posts or terrorists out to randomly murdering police officers with IEDs right now?

There are many fault I finds the shambolic Brexit process, but justification for murder is not one of them.

Rich coming from a partisan foreign hack.
{<jordan}

As I said in the other thread if you actually knew anything about Boris Johnson and his history you wouldn’t be posting the nonsense you’re posting. But then you’re an idiot so it’s not surprising you’re posting shit.

{<jordan}

As I said in the other thread if you actually knew anything about Boris Johnson and his history you wouldn’t be posting the nonsense you’re posting. But then you’re an idiot so it’s not surprising you’re posting shit.
You even English bro?
Your trolling is weak

So this whole problem is caused by the UK leaving Europe to control it's borders, including controlling the inflow of people, and your suggested solution to this is that they should leave the border open and uncontrolled. Congratulations. That is just magnificent.

The EU did make an accomodation - leave Nth Ireland in the common market, and border in the Irish Sea, which would resolve this particualar Brexit issue (not all the rest). This was completely rejected by the UK.

The EU did make an accomodation - leave Nth Ireland in the common market, and border in the Irish Sea, which would resolve this particualar Brexit issue (not all the rest). This was completely rejected by the UK.

Completely rejected by UK government is strong wording. Mays government supported it and Borris plus 19 other members of his cabinet voted for it.

For a normal goverment ie if May hadn't stuffed up the last GE the UK would be out of the EU on her deal.

It's only because the current Tory party is so weak that without the DUP they can't push legislation through the opposition naturally opposing and some rebels.

Completely rejected by UK government is strong wording. Mays government supported it and Borris plus 19 other members of his cabinet voted for it.

For a normal goverment ie if May hadn't stuffed up the last GE the UK would be out of the EU on her deal.

It's only because the current Tory party is so weak that without the DUP they can't push legislation through the opposition naturally opposing and some rebels.

Fair enough. Either way, that is the only 'simple solution' to the Irish part of the Brexit problem, but it isn't going to happen not because of the EU intransigence , but because of the UK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back