International Brexit Discussion v9: The Last Extension

DUP seemingly set to block Johnson's proposal:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...rdens-1.4049357?mode=amp#.XaQc0MU2MA0.twitter

DUP MP Jim Shannon added his voice to opposition to the proposed compromise involving Northern Ireland remaining legally part of the UK customs union but in practice operating as an EU customs territory.

Mr Shannon said the proposed “double customs” solution would not work because it would treat Northern Ireland “differently” to Britain.

“It is simple. Are we being treated the same as England? No, we are not. Therefore, if we are not being treated the same as England, then we are not going to accept it,” he said
ok then , same sex marraige is now legal in the north...happy mr shannon?

Boris Johnson appears to be on the brink of reaching a Brexit deal after making major concessions to EU demands over the Irish border.

A draft text of the agreement could now be published on Wednesday if Downing Street gives the final green light, according to senior EU and British sources.

It is understood that the negotiating teams have agreed in principle that there will be a customs border down the Irish Sea. A similar arrangement was rejected by Theresa May as a deal that no British prime minister could accept.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...close-to-brexit-deal-after-border-concessions

<Fedor23><WellThere>

Sounds unlikely to me, DUP left and said "theres too many gaps"

Which means May's new EU treaty is pretty much back on the table, which was already rejected by the house 3 times, and was a pointless rework of the current relationship we already have.

Sounds to me like BJ will need to ask for an extension on the 19th lol.

Sounds unlikely to me, DUP left and said "theres too many gaps"

Which means May's new EU treaty is pretty much back on the table, which was already rejected by the house 3 times, and was a pointless rework of the current relationship we already have.

Sounds to me like BJ will need to ask for an extension on the 19th lol.

Well Rees-Mogg says "the votes are now there", fwiw

...though given this, I wonder why they even negotiate:

To win a vote, the prime minister would need the support of almost all Eurosceptics in the Conservative party, as well as most of the former Tories from whom he withdrew the whip and either the Democratic Unionist party (DUP) or a bloc of Labour MPs.

Well Rees-Mogg says "the votes are now there", fwiw

That little posh religious nut aint got a clue.

DUP = no
SNP = no
Lib Dems = no
lets say 10% of the tories = no
Labour 95% = no

No deal a torie Government gets through the house.

Its Cancel Brexit time!

That little posh religious nut aint got a clue.

DUP = no
SNP = no
Lib Dems = no
lets say 10% of the tories = no
Labour 95% = no

No deal a torie Government gets through the house.

Its Cancel Brexit time!

Yeah, I also edited my post to reflect that situation.

LMAO, ERG saying its a joke of a deal. Which means it's May's EU treaty with slight changes. Boris wasn't able to do anything. The deal will be worse than what we have now, its a waste of time.

Cancel it!

Then he knows it won't pass. No deal is going to. So it has to be no deal.

We all know that there isn't any kind of deal that would pass this warzone of a parliament, no matter if it's brought home by Theresa May, Boris Johnson, or even dear leader Jeremy Corbyn himself.

I guess the next squabble for v10 will be whether Brexit with no deal means No Deal Brexit, or No Brexit.

Probably should have voted for pro hard Brexit parliment of that's what they wanted.

Yeah. Both Labour and Conservatives running on a Brexit manifesto wasn't enough. They need to win another 5 elections.

I dobt recall either of them running on no deal Brexit.

Leaving the customs union and single market. You know, what David Cameron told everyone Brexit meant. EU won't accept it, no deal is the only choice.

Leaving the customs union and single market. You know, what David Cameron told everyone Brexit meant. EU won't accept it, no deal is the only choice.

Explain how a no-deal Brexit is legally plausible in Ireland? the only way I see it possible is a hard border. Do you understand what issues that will cause?

Explain how a no-deal Brexit is legally plausible in Ireland? the only way I see it possible is a hard border. Do you understand what issues that will cause?

Yeah. And I'm tired of discussing the poison pill for the tenth time in this thread.

It's Project Fear bullshit again.

Oh, so it was vague and moronic. And no deal was not what they voted on.

Yeah. And I'm tired of discussing the poison pill for the tenth time in this thread.

It's Project Fear bullshit again.
Project fear lmao?

I was a hard brexiteer. But in reality the Irish issue was never ever thought about, and its become apparent there's nothing that can be done to address it other than a hard border. Which id personally be for, but anyone Irish I speak to thinks its a terrible idea and will cause all sorts of trouble.

Oh, so it was vague and moronic. And no deal was not what they voted on.

They voted to leave the customs union and the single market. Again, this was repeated over and over again by Remainer David Cameron.

The EU won't accept a deal that allows Britain to do that, ergo No Deal is the only way for Brexit to happen.

They voted to leave the customs union and the single market. Again, this was repeated over and over again by Remainer David Cameron.

The EU won't accept a deal that allows Britain to do that, ergo No Deal is the only way for Brexit to happen.

But this is not true. This is exactly what is on the table. UK would leave both.

Back