International Brexit Discussions v11: U.K and Switzerland sign post-Brexit financial services deal

This playbook will only work if those in Parliament doesn't try to publicly undermine their own government's negotiation, which is a problem plaguing the U.K since...forever.

E.U is already calling bluff.

Ah, you guys have an equivilent to our Green Card for Cash side-hussle too!

EU is going to do whatever they can to stiff England on whatever trade deals come up, even if it also hurts the EU

They won't risk England doing economically ok after leaving, and other nations looking to do it as well.

This. It´s clearly in the interest of the EU to fuck UK as hard as possible so they don´t set an example for others to follow.

This. It´s clearly in the interest of the EU to fuck UK as hard as possible so they don´t set an example for others to follow.

You assume that the EU is as petty as UK politics

You assume that the EU is as petty as UK politics

No. I assume the EU will act in what they consider their own best interest.. Giving the UK a sweetheart deal will only encourage others to follow the UK, most likely countries that pay a lot into the EU coffers.

No. I assume the EU will act in what they consider their own best interest..

Indeed, and their best interest is that trade with the UK remains as undisturbed as possible.

Giving the UK a sweetheart deal will only encourage others to follow the UK, most likely countries that pay a lot into the EU coffers.

Its simple, if the UK wants full EU benefits it will need to have full EU responsibilities, its not that hard to understand.

Its up to the UK to decide how much it wants to engage with the EU, not the EU, Brexit is a UK decision.

No. I assume the EU will act in what they consider their own best interest.. Giving the UK a sweetheart deal will only encourage others to follow the UK, most likely countries that pay a lot into the EU coffers.

EU is a heaven for bureaucrats, if they tank a bunch of highly paid officials get canned, they would never want to lose out on the easily life. I´m hoping for the UK to have success.

Anyone who has ever seen how they respond to the possibility, much less reality of someone leaving already knows that.

Again, where can i see these responses? because i have been in all these threads and the only thing i see in the EU is that the benefits of the EU are proportional to the commitments.

And that's it.

What we have seen however is a lot of granstanding from the UK and an internal mess.

"We should get all the benefits with zero responsibilities"
"I dont think thats possible"
"See the EU is trying to make an example of the UK, its like a fucking gang"

Again, where can i see these responses? because i have been in all these threads and the only thing i see in the EU is that the benefits of the EU are proportional to the commitments.

And that's it.

What we have seen however is a lot of granstanding from the UK and an internal mess.

I just love to continue to see this rubbish from the people who said Britain didn't want to leave the EU and would have a second referendum because they didn't know what they voted for.

David Cameron made it clear that Brexit meant leaving the customs union and single market. He said this over and over again and in all the literature to scare people into remaining in the EU. Cameron was a hardcore Remainer. Now we had 3 years of Remoaners saying that's "Hard Brexit" and pretending like that wasn't what Brexit was. In reality, no version of Brexit on the table is going to be the one that the British voters wanted. But we continue to have absurd people like you saying that the British government needs to accept an agreement that essentially Brexit in name only and that is called a reasonable compromise and what the public voted for.

I have said for six months: If Boris Johnson campaigned on No Deal/WTO Brexit and no more negotiations until the UK has full independence and holds all the cards, then he would have 400 MPs now and all the leverage. Instead, he's tried to appease the EU that has not compromised at all in negotiations while people like you continue to blame Britain for not being able to get a deal. The EU has negotiated in bad faith from day one. Their entire strategy was to force the UK to remain in the EU and overturn a democratic referendum. Before the newest negotiations even began, they said they would need more time, after what would be four years of it. It's absurd. Their response to Brexit should show every citizen in the EU that the EU is as anti-democratic and totalitarian as gets in Europe now. That's why they want to ban and punish any reference to Nazism too BTW. It hits too close to home.

Last edited:
I just love listening to this rubbish from the people who said Britain didn't want to leave the EU and would have a second referendum because they didn't know what they voted for.

Not an argument.

David Cameron made it clear that Brexit meant leaving the customs union and single market.

Which is 100% up to the UK, not the EU.

. Cameron was a hardcore Remainer. Now we had 3 years of Remoaners saying that's "Hard Brexit" and pretending like that wasn't what Brexit was. In reality, no version of Brexit on the table is going to be the one that the British voters wanted. But we continue to have absurd people like you saying that the British government needs to accept an agreement that essentially Brexit in name only and that is called reasonable and what the public voted for.

The UK doesnt needs to accept anything except the consequences of their actions and not bitch about it like you are clearly doing.

Again, EU has only said "EU benefits = EU obligations" simple shit.

I have said for six months: If Boris Johnson campaigned on No Deal/WTO Brexit and no more negotiations until the UK has full independence and holds all the cards, then he would have 400 MPs now and all the leverage. Instead,

The UK holds all the cards, there is absolutely no need to negotiate to leave the EU.

The UK is the ONE ASKING FOR EXTENSIONS, not the other way around.

The EU has negotiated in bad faith from day one.

How come? what do you think the EU has done in bad faith?

Their entire strategy was to force the UK to remain in the EU and overturn a democratic referendum. Before negotiations began, they said they would need more time, after what would be four years of it. It's absurd.

What a load of bullcrap, the EU doesnt even has any way to enforce its rules if the UK wanted to leave, it would had done so by now.

Again, the EU has dealt with such issues before like when Switzerland voted to limit free movement in 2014.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back