International Brexit Discussions v11: U.K and Switzerland sign post-Brexit financial services deal

who will turn it around exactly? Which party/politician do you see turning things around? Boris Johnson looks and acts like a muppet, not to mention all the lies coming from his mouth

Boris will. I have faith in him and the tories. Pain now is okay it will not last forever

Boris will. I have faith in him and the tories. Pain now is okay it will not last forever

sure he will

28165a08cf31e2f49341c39aee26b6bd01-02-troll-face.2x.rhorizontal.w700.jpg

PSNI must really be looking forward to the 12th July........it's hard to see how the DUP can possibly square their policy with the attitude of their Loyalist base .

Remember the majority of NI citizens voted against Brexit. The DUP propped up Theresa Mays government playing silly buggers to get Brexit despite the wishes of their constituents.

I think they thought they could wangle an end to the Good Friday Agreement through Brexit and go back to the "good old days" where their kind of rhetoric fits better with reality on the ground.

By keeping Mays DOA government in session they delayed the reckoning that British politics needed to get either a government that would reverse Brexit or one which had enough time to implement it safely.

So how's Brexit going?

theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/07/bus-set-on-fire-in-belfast-on-sixth-night-of-unrest-in-northern-ireland

I'm sure the UK Govt will have a plan to deal with Brexit caused rioting, given the incredible importance Northern Ireland has in the Union

How much of this is due to Brexit? My suspicion is that it is more opportunistic violence by the paramilitaries, mixed with some rebellion because of the lockdown. The funeral of some political figure keeps getting brought up as well as a spark for this. Anybody here from NI that knows whats going on? Just reading as well that there are concerns it will get worse.

How much of this is due to Brexit? My suspicion is that it is more opportunistic violence by the paramilitaries, mixed with some rebellion because of the lockdown. The funeral of some political figure keeps getting brought up as well as a spark for this. Anybody here from NI that knows whats going on? Just reading as well that there are concerns it will get worse.
Its definitely all of that, and probably more that I'll never understand. But that doesn't make the frustrations around the Irish sea customs border, that is only going to get more tightly controlled as the exemptions expire not the major factor.

Back