Media Brett Yormark: WBC and PBC’s conflict of interest

leto1776

Sherdog Wet Shaver
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Thought this was pretty interesting. Not sure if it’s already known here, so I thought I’d share.

Cliffs would be nice, I don't want to watch that whole thing.

Just looking at their schedules, White just fought in December and already has a fight in July lined up. Also, Brezeale has been the mandatory for the WBC belt for a year and a half.

They lost me when they started complaining about Fury rematch being ordered. I’m sorry, as any sanctioning body, you want your belt to be associated with the lineal title as well, many say that is Fury. It made sense.

Whyte probably deserves his mandatory but he should also be stripped of his number 1 ranking for talking sheer stupidity saying Wilder would make more in a fight vs him than against Fury and Ortiz put together.

Then don’t. It’s hardly a w hour long documentary. Your loss.
OK. I'm just not sitting through all that when its clear its someone who hasn't done their research 2 minutes in.

They lost me when they started complaining about Fury rematch being ordered. I’m sorry, as any sanctioning body, you want your belt to be associated with the lineal title as well, many say that is Fury. It made sense.

Whyte probably deserves his mandatory but he should also be stripped of his number 1 ranking for talking sheer stupidity saying Wilder would make more in a fight vs him than against Fury and Ortiz put together.
Brezeale has been the mandatory since he beat Molina.

Class for those with ADHD:
Brett Yormark is the head of Haymon sports, an executive at the Barcley’s Center (where Wilder has had several fights), and sits on the supreme council of the WBC, hence a major conflict of interest.

Meanwhile, White is number 1 in the WBC rankings, yet is somehow not the mandatory, and is being ordered to fight Fury in a “final title eliminator.”

No guarantee the Whyte gets a shot, even if he beats Fury, as Wilder by his own admission, has fights lined up for the rest of the year.

Talking about some

Talking about someone’s sheer stupidity, while posting they should be stripped based on it, is the definition of irony.

Talking about some

Talking about someone’s sheer stupidity, while posting they should be stripped based on it, is the definition of irony.
It indicates brain damage and a danger to his health is he believes that

To sum it up in one sentence, the WBC are protecting Wilder from having to fight Whyte. That's all you need to know.

Whatever, if youve been following boxing this is pretty normal, I think the WBC did Martinez the worst and they conspired with HBO to do so, WBC and Sulaiman just whore themselves to the highest bidder just the rest of the sanctioning bodies

Im certain Top Rank and the WBO are in bed as well

This article is only a direct shot at PBC. When this is the common practice in the most corrupt sport in the world. Don’t try to bash Haymon when his competitors are crooks like Arum, de la Hoya, Hearn

This article is only a direct shot at PBC. When this is the common practice in the most corrupt sport in the world. Don’t try to bash Haymon when his competitors are crooks like Arum, de la Hoya, Hearn
None of the other promoters protect their guys the way PBC does.

How does PBC protect their fighters the way others dont?
By not letting them fight outside the PBC. (Ortiz being the latest denied a chance)By sitting on fights the fans want.(Wilder/Joshua,Spence/Crawford) By not having champions attempt to unify the belts (they’ve had 3/4 welterweight belts, and only now a unification bout gets announced? And it’s not even the unification bout the fans are asking for).

None of the other promoters protect their guys the way PBC does.
Oh really ?

Tell me one decent opponent Terrence Crawford, lomachenko or fury will have or had under the top rank promotion?

I don’t think you are a huge boxing follower...

By not letting them fight outside the PBC. (Ortiz being the latest denied a chance)By sitting on fights the fans want.(Wilder/Joshua,Spence/Crawford) By not having champions attempt to unify the belts (they’ve had 3/4 welterweight belts, and only now a unification bout gets announced? And it’s not even the unification bout the fans are asking for).
Bro

PBC, top rank and matchroom boxing have become leagues.

Just like for example ufc, Bellator and Rizin.

You will not see crosspromotions unless promoters make money.

The last one PBC and top rank worked together with Mayweather and Pacquiao. Mayweather also faced Canelo (PBC with golden boy)

Stop badmouthing PBC when all the promoters in boxing are money driven. You don’t seem to understand the business and you are driven by this meaningless article.

One question why don’t top rank let’s crawford face Spence but on the PBC platforms ????? Instead of a espn event. Why not on fox or showtime. All the other promoters claim or challenge Haymon fighters but they want to use his talents on their platforms and Haymon as the business man he is it’s not going to allow that.

Bro

PBC, top rank and matchroom boxing have become leagues.

Just like for example ufc, Bellator and Rizin.

You will not see crosspromotions unless promoters make money.

The last one PBC and top rank worked together with Mayweather and Pacquiao. Mayweather also faced Canelo (PBC with golden boy)

Stop badmouthing PBC when all the promoters in boxing are money driven. You don’t seem to understand the business and you are driven by this meaningless article.

One question why don’t top rank let’s crawford face Spence but on the PBC platforms ????? Instead of a espn event. Why not on fox or showtime. All the other promoters claim or challenge Haymon fighters but they want to use his talents on their platforms and Haymon as the business man he is it’s not going to allow that.
Match room, Golden Boy, and TR regularly work together. PBC are the true hardliners about “you gotta cross the street.” PBC is the promotion that wants to be like the UFC.

Its true they protect their bread winners just like any other promotion would in this case Wilder would probably lose to Whyte and its also true that they have no unifications but thats not entirely their fault either, they do however work w other promoters, Brezeale and Martin fought Joshua a while ago

Andy Ruiz is a PBC fighter also, on why it was Ortiz that didnt replace Miller? Thats whole other topic (drug test)

You had Wilder vs Fury

Stevenson vs Gvozdk (a decision im sure Haymon regrets while Arum has the nerve to say Haymon doesnt work w others)

Fortuna and Moilina fought Crawford

JoJo Diaz fought Russell Jr

Its frustrating, but PBC always gets demonized (not that theyre the lesser of the evils) but GBP and TR are pretty bad, at least Hearn works with other promoters

Back