Brett Okomoto: Nate says he'll have about a 3-day "camp"

Khabib hasn't fought anyone but his doctor for 2 years, let it go.

The same was said about Cruz then he beat Dillashaw. What's your point? Khabib is healthy NOW and is a terrible stylistic matchup for Conor.

you should see him fight a full camp Mendes, Frankie or Khabib.
Have him beat ANYONE like them, in a proper match (not in short notice, no camp fights) and then people would be quiet.

but as long as he keeps avoiding wrestlers/grapplers, people will talk.

Cerrone got beat by Diaz. And 95 percent of casuall mma fans have absolutely no clue who Khabib is. The Diaz fight is the best fight
from a business stand point. It sells more tickets than either other matchup. Especially the terrible Khabib idea

Cerrone got beat by Diaz. And 95 percent of casuall mma fans have absolutely no clue who Khabib is. The Diaz fight is the best fight
from a business stand point. It sells more tickets than either other matchup. Especially the terrible Khabib idea

Well that's because your typical mma fan is a fucking idiot.

You wanna make easy money? Throw down on Conor.

3 days doesn't make you ready for the dance.

Why is Nate out of shape? Someone remind me what his job is again? Last time I checked he was a "professional" fighter. Call me crazy but if my job was to fight I'd be in shape all year round. I guess it's what separates the greats from the me too's.

Conor only has 3 days to prepare for the 209 slap. Good thing his approach is to train to fight not train for a specific opponent.

Well that's because your typical mma fan is a fucking idiot.

You wanna make easy money? Throw down on Conor.

3 days doesn't make you ready for the dance.

Cerrone would have looked terrible. It's not healthy to go back to back like that. You can be in shape, but still underperform from exhaustion. The Benson fight is a good example. Didn't push the pace at all. And he just got decimated by the champ. Doesn't look good from a business perspective if he is somehow competitive or wins against McGregor if they still want to make the RDA fight. (granted he thrashed nate and pettis as well).

Khabib said he wasn't ready to fight Tony on this very card so it got pushed back a month.

Cerrone would have looked terrible. It's not healthy to go back to back like that. You can be in shape, but still underperform from exhaustion. The Benson fight is a good example. Didn't push the pace at all. And he just got decimated by the champ. Doesn't look good from a business perspective if he is somehow competitive or wins against McGregor if they still want to make the RDA fight. (granted he thrashed nate and pettis as well).

Khabib said he wasn't ready to fight Tony on this very card so it got pushed back a month.

Which Benson fight are you referring to? The one he won?

I'm actually very happy for Nate. Finally he gets paid like he should. This is probably a life changing fight for him no matter what's the outcome. No need to feel sorry at least.

Nate's been bitching for that big pay and grumbling for years. Guess it finally paid off.

Pays to complain.

Conor owns this game. If somebody wants that Red Panty night he must agree with his terms or otherwise just live his miserable, bum life as an outsider.
Swollen leg? Busted face? Broken arm?
--- Who cares?
Fighting McGregor is once in a lifetime experience that pays all your bills for the rest of your life. Nate must tank Conor. From 20/20 k to 1.5 mill.

Last edited:
Nate's a gym rat and pretty much exercise addict. I doubt he's in any sort of bad shape. People talk about him being on vacation in Hawaii. He probably trained and did cardio for hours every day while there.

Nate says he'll have about a 3-day "camp." Thinks UFC will leave him alone for most part to get 3 days of work in. That's enough, right?

Bummer. Nate is totally going to gas out in the later rounds. They should have chose Cerrone instead man.

Hahaha

If he's smart he's just saying that to get Conor think he's out of shape

Such a gimme fight

Why is Nate out of shape? Someone remind me what his job is again? Last time I checked he was a "professional" fighter. Call me crazy but if my job was to fight I'd be in shape all year round. I guess it's what separates the greats from the me too's.

Conor only has 3 days to prepare for the 209 slap. Good thing his approach is to train to fight not train for a specific opponent.

you have obviously never trained in combat sports.

Chose 3 day camp nate over cerrone/khabib whom have been training/inshape

"I will fight anyone" - conor

pure lulz
I know, especially when he ducked Edgar and fought #2 ranked Mendes. Lots of "lulz", "lol".

Conor should have been shelved until a proper fight could be remade.

It's not like the UFC hasn't lost main events before.

Back