Brett Okomoto: Nate says he'll have about a 3-day "camp"

Yeah, you're right. But I'm assuming he'll win this fight. Three day camp Nate Diaz....

He should yea. I hate McGregor but I can't deny it. He should beat 3 day Nate, especially since Conor and his camp are saying he is in the best shape of his life, looking sharp and faster and not depleted. I'm pulling for a Nate Diaz win though, make no mistake.

But I'm saying that even if he beats full camp Mendes, there will always be people trying to sell him short. If he beats Mendes I'm sure someone will say "Yeah, but he didn't beat Edgar!".

The guy is on a 15 winning streak, LW champ, got to give him some credit.

I disagree.
Most of the skeptical always claimed Conor avoided a wrestler.
And it is true.

The only one he faced is Mendes, but with the caveat that he was out hunting and had no training camp.
And we saw how the fight went until Mendes run out of gas, which only fuels the discussion.

If he was to accept Khabib, no one would be able to keep saying he avoids bad matchups.
Or if he would have fought Frankie before departing FW

but yes, I agree blind haters would always find something to criticize the fighters they hate.
This guy was out of prime, that one was injured, etc.
But I am not talking about them.

There are plenty of people who simply wants to see Conor fight all stylistic matchups.

Besides, why would anyone buy into calling the guy GOAT if he does prove he is?
In MMA, style makes fights. Beating all styles is what makes the guy go up in my book. You might disagree, but I don't think you got a leg to stand until Conor does fight these types of fighters.

He's taking a million to lose basically. The funny thing is, on a full camp this is an interesting fight. Nate hasn't really lost against someone who doesn't have a takedown threat, and he rarely if ever gets finished. He survived with Rory… I would have loved to see Conor get taken deep, especially against a bigger guy with a reach advantage.

The man runs triathlons in his spare time and he and his bro are always in the gym (tweeted pics few days ago )
No one is asking him to cut weight
as a pro fighter on any given day he can go hard vs another pro in the gym 2_3 rounds (or more as hes a diaz)....so lets stfu about him being outta shape unless it goes to the championship rounds shall we.

Im a big Nate fan but it's hard to see how he wins this. He's very hittable and has bad movement just like Nick.

Nate says he'll have about a 3-day "camp." Thinks UFC will leave him alone for most part to get 3 days of work in. That's enough, right?

Bummer. Nate is totally going to gas out in the later rounds. They should have chose Cerrone instead man.

If Nate is in shape enough to make 155 easy and fight why would he gas?

lol, Nate sparked up a fat blunt after signing that contract. Get that mcgregor money, hell yeah.

He destroyed #1 p4p aldo and was 2 weeks away from fighting a guy who was a "stylistic nightmare" for him according to his haters.

Ur a funny guy.

Jon Jones was and is the p4p #1 fighter in the world. RDA isn't a stylistic nightmare Khabib is. We saw how fast Conor took that fight. I mean how fast he told Dana to turn down that fight. I think RDA is was one the better match ups for Conor at the top 5 of LW divison. Anytime you take a fight against the least prepared guy available it raises questions. This is now the second time in the UFC he has done this.

As a Conor fan I am sort of concerned with Nate.

If there's anyone that could do it, it'd be one of the Diaz brothers.

If Nate gets injured in those 3 days, lol

As a Conor fan I am sort of concerned with Nate.
If there's anyone that could do it, it'd be one of the Diaz brothers.
Because he's unorthodox and has a long reach? Thats not going to be enough make up for a week's worth of prep. Maybe he'll go for broke and it'll be an exciting first round.

If Nate losses I think he deserves a rematch down the line if possible, he is pretty much saving the show. Though he will have to get in line like everybody else it seems.

If Mendes got half a mill for saving 189, Diaz is getting what he "deserves" for his service. He doesn't need anything else.

Khabib hasn't fought anyone but his doctor for 2 years, let it go.
a guy who didnt fought for 2 years is ready to fight him but a guy who is already well prepared is scared to fight a guy who didnt fought for 2 years !!!

Because he's unorthodox and has a long reach? Thats not going to be enough make up for a week's worth of prep. Maybe he'll go for broke and it'll be an exciting first round.
No, but the chin, the gritty fight style and the "nothing to lose" factor going for him. Those guys usually tend to take everyone by surprise. On the other hand, Conor hasn't really got anything to lose either.

Back