Brett Okomoto: Nate says he'll have about a 3-day "camp"

A win for diaz is getting paid a few hundred k for a fight he'd take for free probably.

Nate says he'll have about a 3-day "camp." Thinks UFC will leave him alone for most part to get 3 days of work in. That's enough, right?

Bummer. Nate is totally going to gas out in the later rounds. They should have chose Cerrone instead man.

meanwhile guys who were in shape like Cerrone or Khabib gets refused to fight Conor....

Then we have Conor nuthuggers trying to make up excuse why a 2-3 Diaz is as dangerous (or deserving to fight Conor).... SMFH

Nate says he'll have about a 3-day "camp." Thinks UFC will leave him alone for most part to get 3 days of work in. That's enough, right?

Bummer. Nate is totally going to gas out in the later rounds. They should have chose Cerrone instead man.

They want the least possible chance that McGregor loses. What is safer, an out of shape Nate or a just fought, in shape Cowboy? And they sure as fuck didn't want any Khabib.

I'm not a Conor fan (was cheering for Aldo), nor I dislike him, but I'm already sensing that he's soon going to be that guy with a great record (a shitload of wins, and a lot of them by KO), but people will never admit he's good and always say that he:

- Had a shit record and had hand picked opponents who couldn't wrestle;
- Fought a number of guys who didn't have proper camps (including a wrestler);
- Won the title on a "fluke" shot;
- Ducked stronger available opponents.

We'll see what's going to be the line in case he beats RDA.
you should see him fight a full camp Mendes, Frankie or Khabib.
Have him beat ANYONE like them, in a proper match (not in short notice, no camp fights) and then people would be quiet.

but as long as he keeps avoiding wrestlers/grapplers, people will talk.

they would claim hes ducking rockhold if he did,he will never win everyone over.

its embarrassing to even ask the guy to step in totally untrained and unprepared
this is silly

Remind you of anything? I'll give you a hint. When he chose Chad over Frankie because he knew Chad hadn't been in camp. Conor is a duck and has a history of it even in Cage Warriors.
He destroyed #1 p4p aldo and was 2 weeks away from fighting a guy who was a "stylistic nightmare" for him according to his haters.

Ur a funny guy.

I sense tomfoolery on Diaz jr's part.

As if he's going to tell a writer that.

100k+ waiting for a press conference, it would not have gotten these numbers with the other choices. ufc knows what they are doing when it comes to business

Anyone betting on Nate? Raise your hand

I'm not a Conor fan (was cheering for Aldo), nor I dislike him, but I'm already sensing that he's soon going to be that guy with a great record (a shitload of wins, and a lot of them by KO), but people will never admit he's good and always say that he:

- Had a shit record and had hand picked opponents who couldn't wrestle;
- Fought a number of guys who didn't have proper camps (including a wrestler);
- Won the title on a "fluke" shot;
- Ducked stronger available opponents.

We'll see what's going to be the line in case he beats RDA.

Heh, if he loses to Nate he isn't getting RDA, I don't see how the UFC could make that fight with a straight face.

At least ppl get to see Conor fight but I disagree with it being the main event and having it be five rounds

Really hope they give Nate a good payout for this fight. I know Dana dislikes fighters who speak against the UFC but Nate is pretty much saving the ppv

The Diazs usually stay in shape doing triathlons and have cardio for days. If Diaz gassed I'd be very surprised. I can more so see Conor blasting him in the first 2 minutes than him actually wearing down Diaz.

I am wondering hire McGregor looks at 170. I actually expect him to be the best version of him we've ever seen.

3-Day Nate, I like the sound of that new moniker

This is so smart. win-win. If he loses, they say 3 day camp. If he wins, they say can you imagine a full camp Nate?

Heh, if he loses to Nate he isn't getting RDA, I don't see how the UFC could make that fight with a straight face.

Yeah, you're right. But I'm assuming he'll win this fight. Three day camp Nate Diaz....

you should see him fight a full camp Mendes, Frankie or Khabib.
Have him beat ANYONE like them, in a proper match (not in short notice, no camp fights) and then people would be quiet.

but as long as he keeps avoiding wrestlers/grapplers, people will talk.

But I'm saying that even if he beats full camp Mendes, there will always be people trying to sell him short. If he beats Mendes I'm sure someone will say "Yeah, but he didn't beat Edgar!".

The guy is on a 15 winning streak, LW champ, got to give him some credit.

Back