Brett Okamoto with Grade A Journalism.

Its just boring. Fighting isn’t important. We’re not trying to drill down on the plans of the Americans and the Russians for Syria. No one needs to hear Usman deliver a boring, cliched answer to a softball question like that. If he’s just doing what he has to do to make a living in a fairly pleasant manner, fair enough, a lot of people do that. BO seems like a smart enough guy though, it’d be nice to see him show a little more ambition regarding the contribution he’s making to society.
Yeah but fighting also doesn’t really contribute to society some people just like the interviews it’s not that deep

In this he's just putting forth that he dislikes the pressure question in general, cuz it's too common, but feels the need to still ask it. It adds substance, but is useless since it doesn't change the answer at all.

I used to think Okamoto was a good interviewer. And he does let the interviewee speak. Lets the discussion breathe. But I'm also not convinced he's not a robot. All his interviews are preprogrammed. Asks a question. Gets an answer. If the answer is interesting or uninteresting the same topic doesn't continue. It's on to the next, cuz otherwise he can't stick to the programming.

I like Brett but sometimes he’s just way off.

He also said the winner of Vetori vs Gastleum should have gotten a TS - even if Kevin won.

Lol TS, what the fuck... What he said was something like: "People always ask about pressure before every fight, and sometimes it's done in a lazy way, so I want to ask it in a more detailed manner. Are you feeling that (the pressure) compound..."

The word "that" is referring to "the pressure". Compound in this sentence is a verb, it's not replacing the word "pressure". He's asking him if he's feeling the pressure build up (aka compound):

a. To add to or intensify so as to make worse

due to that fact that his achievements keep getting bigger with each fight and the stakes are higher. He wasn't avoiding the word "pressure".

In other words, I don't think you understood the basic structure of the sentence you're criticizing.

Last edited:
MMA journalists are already incredibly boring and yet somehow Brett Okamoto manages to be significantly more boring than average.

He just seems so... disingenuous? I can’t quite articulate why I dislike him but I really do.

Back