Brett Okamoto scored the first round for Conor (vs. Khabib)

Did Brett ever walk this one back after the fact? I mean, it’s one of the dumbest scores I’ve ever heard. And Okamoto is not a dumb guy.

He did "better" because you guys saw him take less damage. But what you won't admit is that he held on for dear life and never opened up to get back to his feet like Dustin tried to.

Conor was looking for a stall so the ref would stand them up. I guess in his fans eyes he looked good because thats all he did the entire round along with plenty of cheating.

Dustin was far closer to finishing the fight with a guillotine than Conor could ever dream of.

You know whats more impressive? That Khabib stood an entire round with Conor and got the better of him. And no, I don't give a shit who won the round, what the score cards said, or who landed more punches. Khabib landed the better punches and looked better on the feet than Conor did. For someone with "no striking skills" he sure made the ULTRA UBER ELITE striker in Conor look like nothing.

Why do you guys keep trying to turn his loss into a win? He had nothing to offer the whole fight and chose to tap out. He quit. Accept it and get over it.
tenor.gif

Lol everyone was conor fan khabib got booed hard

Who cares and why are there threads being made about nobodies?

Khabib won that round on control, but Conor did a great job nullifying his gnp offence.

Yeah I do remember Conor doing well in that first round, not sure if he won it (in fact Im sure he didnt) but he certainly didn't let Khabib have his way.

who cares. where was brett okamoto 10 years ago? the guy is a fuckin casual reporter who hopped on the mma train when it got hot.

He did "better" because you guys saw him take less damage. But what you won't admit is that he held on for dear life and never opened up to get back to his feet like Dustin tried to.

Conor was looking for a stall so the ref would stand them up. I guess in his fans eyes he looked good because thats all he did the entire round along with plenty of cheating.

Dustin was far closer to finishing the fight with a guillotine than Conor could ever dream of.

You know whats more impressive? That Khabib stood an entire round with Conor and got the better of him. And no, I don't give a shit who won the round, what the score cards said, or who landed more punches. Khabib landed the better punches and looked better on the feet than Conor did. For someone with "no striking skills" he sure made the ULTRA UBER ELITE striker in Conor look like nothing.

Why do you guys keep trying to turn his loss into a win? He had nothing to offer the whole fight and chose to tap out. He quit. Accept it and get over it.
there is nothing to add more .
perfectly explained

It's pretty difficult to argue anything other than 10-9 to Conor for round 1. He came out the aggressor, and landed the only shot of the round on the feet. He defended the initial takedown attempt. From there, he landed some good elbows to Khabib's temple. Khabib was content to lay on Conor, while Conor more than doubled Khabib's output for the round.

In summary,
Conor landed more offense
Conor landed more shots statistically
Conor landed the bigger shots
Conor was the aggressor
All Khabib had was control

Very easy round to score. 10-9 Conor.

Back