Brett Okamoto scored the first round for Conor (vs. Khabib)

Brett Okamoto is good at being the MMA fly on the wall to report things that he hears, but he is not an authority with regard to commentary on fights or analysis in my opinion. Respectfully, I view him as the guy people call when they want something to be broadcasted and not much else. In fairness, it's no small task and he seems very professional in everything he does. He's just not really the guy I will look to provide an opinion of significance on any particular fight.

Again I just watched the fight with my own eyes, yes there were fouls but not nearly as many as people are claiming

Every time Conor grabs the cage with his hands = foul

Every time Conor grabs the cage with his feet = foul

Every time Conor grabs Khabib's shorts = foul

Every time Conor grabs Khabib's gloves = foul

Conor blatantly knees grounded Khabib in the head = foul

How many fouls did you count?
What is your conclusion, that Conor McGregor is not a soulless pussy who talks endless shit just to get dominated, resort to endless cheating and still get dominated and tap like a bitch?

I personally thought the doctor should have called it after the first and awarded Conor the TKO victory after such a brazen show of dominating violence!

Rewatching it : do you think the knee conor landed affect khabib (around 15 seconds into the 1st round) ; khabibs shot was going in a direction and the impact made him land sideways, and he stayed turtled for a second or two after the impact.

Edit : the more I rewatch this sequence the more it looks like Khabib was a bit dazed. Thank god he has a granite chin ; if you pause it right after the knee lands it looks like another fast victory for conor... but we all know what came next :)
It nailed him on the shoulder, that's what threw off his trajectory. He probably stopped to readjust his grip and base before running through his TD chain.

Every time Conor grabs the cage with his hands = foul

Every time Conor grabs the cage with his feet = foul

Every time Conor grabs Khabib's shorts = foul

Every time Conor grabs Khabib's gloves = foul

Conor blatantly knees grounded Khabib in the head = foul

How many fouls did you count?
What is your conclusion, that Conor McGregor is not a soulless pussy who talks endless shit just to get dominated, resort to endless cheating and still get dominated and tap like a bitch?

This is exactly what I'm talking about in my original post. I counted about 9 or 10 fouls, a lot of them were borderline or simply not fouls at all (IE the 'groin kick' that was to the thigh)

"What is your conclusion, that Conor McGregor is not a soulless pussy who talks endless shit just to get dominated, resort to endless cheating and still get dominated and tap like a bitch?" Yes that is mostly my conclusion, to call him a bitch or pussy is way out of line (his record is fucking 21-4 and he's been in some tough fights and won) and just shows you simply hate Conor, which is fine, but you and a lot of other people let your perception of him as a person influence how you see his fights.

I scored it 10-7 Conor, absolutely non-biased non-UFC-Shill opinion of course.

This is exactly what I'm talking about in my original post. I counted about 9 or 10 fouls, a lot of them were borderline or simply not fouls at all (IE the 'groin kick' that was to the thigh)

"What is your conclusion, that Conor McGregor is not a soulless pussy who talks endless shit just to get dominated, resort to endless cheating and still get dominated and tap like a bitch?" Yes that is mostly my conclusion, to call him a bitch or pussy is way out of line (his record is fucking 21-4 and he's been in some tough fights and won) and just shows you simply hate Conor, which is fine, but you and a lot of other people let your perception of him as a person influence how you see his fights.

If you carry yourself and disrespect your opponent the way he did, just to lose every single round, cheat 10-15 times and then tap out, you dont deserve any respect. Simple as that.

I’ve pointed that tweet out several time.

Brett Cuckamoto is nothing but a UFC $hill. ZERO credibility as a journalist.

But is it really? I can't stand Conor but on the rewatch, he does land way way way more strikes than Khabib. I mean all are when they are on his back, but all Khabib did for the first 4 minutes was try and triangle Conor's legs. Conor was constantly throwing strikes, and yes they were off his back and not power, but strikes none the less what khabib was focused on rubbing his balls on Conor's shins.

Then the last min Khabib actually goes for side control and quits fucking with the legs and actually tries to throw some strikes. Khabib isn't throw a lot of strikes but way more than he did in the first 4 minutes. During the last minute, Khabib was still trying to rub his balls on only one of Conor's shin instead of both(side mount).

Yes Khabib was on top but honestly, fuck these types of fighters, who take you down and don't even strike. The last min Khabib finally started to throw some, but by that point, Conor had already thrown and landed a lot of strikes. At least 5x as many has khabib.

l thought Mousasi won the fight vs King Mo from being way more active on the bottom and I think Conor won this round for doing the same.

I really don't understand the hate on Conor for this fight, he did 10x better than Dustin did and put the pressure on as much as he could. Yeah sure he lost, but what more do people want?

Maybe just an acceptance that he was outclassed. Sure he put up a better fight than most do against Khabib but he still decisively lost.

Like for a whole year after that fight people were begging for an instant rematch. Then it was my balloon foot was swollen. Then posts on Instagram about how he lost the battle but won the war. Then he starts posting photos of him punching the dudes who jumped the cage and going on about how he landed the final blows of the night.

Then if all that isn’t enough to make you dislike him, he raped someone and punched an old man while wearing a turtleneck.

McGregor has never accepted a loss, and that’s what makes giving him props hard to do.

I’ve pointed that tweet out several time.

Brett Cuckamoto is nothing but a UFC $hill. ZERO credibility as a journalist.

But is it really? I can't stand Conor but on the rewatch, he does land way way way more strikes than Khabib. I mean all are when they are on his back, but all Khabib did for the first 4 minutes was try and triangle Conor's legs. Conor was constantly throwing strikes, and yes they were off his back and not power, but strikes none the less what khabib was focused on rubbing his balls on Conor's shins.

Then the last min Khabib actually goes for side control and quits fucking with the legs and actually tries to throw some strikes. Khabib isn't throw a lot of strikes but way more than he did in the first 4 minutes. During the last minute, Khabib was still trying to rub his balls on only one of Conor's shin instead of both(side mount).

Yes Khabib was on top but honestly, fuck these types of fighters, who take you down and don't even strike. The last min Khabib finally started to throw some, but by that point, Conor had already thrown and landed a lot of strikes. At least 5x as many has khabib.

l thought Mousasi won the fight vs King Mo from being way more active on the bottom and I think Conor won this round for doing the same.

If you carry yourself and disrespect your opponent the way he did, just to lose every single round, cheat 10-15 times and then tap out, you dont deserve any respect. Simple as that.

#1 He was selling the fight as he always does, same with what he did with Nate and Aldo, and if I remember correctly Khabib and his group cornered Artem when he was alone in a hotel, which sort of pushed it to a new level.

#2 He won the 3rd round

#3 Khabib started an unprecedented huge brawl AFTER he took care of business in the octagon, which no one ever seems to bring up anymore. Why isn't he considered a pussy who doesn't deserve any respect?

#4 Why is tapping such a bad thing? He lost the fight, was gassed and in a terrible position, should he just have let Khabib break his jaw?

Maybe just an acceptance that he was outclassed. Sure he put up a better fight than most do against Khabib but he still decisively lost.

Like for a whole year after that fight people were begging for an instant rematch. Then it was my balloon foot was swollen. Then posts on Instagram about how he lost the battle but won the war. Then he starts posting photos of him punching the dudes who jumped the cage and going on about how he landed the final blows of the night.

Then if all that isn’t enough to make you dislike him, he raped someone and punched an old man while wearing a turtleneck.

McGregor has never accepted a loss, and that’s what makes giving him props hard to do.

That's fine, I am absolutely not faulting anyone for disliking Conor and his antics, but many people go completely overboard with criticisms for his performance, which is all I am trying to focus on here.

"Then if all that isn’t enough to make you dislike him, he raped someone..." so he's been convicted then?

20 times? I just watched it before posting all this and noticed MAYBE 8 or 9 times he did that.

I wanted Dustin to win against Kabob btw, but I was very disappointed in his performance.

Obviously you haven't seen one of the 20 threads there were showing him cheating - with gif proof - 22 times...

Obviously you haven't seen one of the 20 threads there were showing him cheating - with gif proof - 22 times...

I did see the thread and have addressed it several times here already....

That's fine, I am absolutely not faulting anyone for disliking Conor and his antics, but many people go completely overboard with criticisms for his performance, which is all I am trying to focus on here.

"Then if all that isn’t enough to make you dislike him, he raped someone..." so he's been convicted then?

I was talking about the alvarez fight ;) hahahahha jokes.

But as I said, I personally was blown away by mcgregors performance and I’m a certified hater. I just think once you start making illogical excuses, people get crazy with their criticism to counter it.

Dude built his career from being a polarising figure. When you get your come uppance, you can’t expect people to be logical with the hate, just as people weren’t logical in their praise.

It makes perfect sense why he gets no props for his performance and that’s because his performance always came second to his circus show trash talk conferences. People want to put him down, not realistically analyse the fight.

I was talking about the alvarez fight ;) hahahahha jokes
<[analyzed}>

I pretty much agree with the rest of your post as well, so here's some ass for you my friend
a5486ce24f735e7518e5381cd72834a9.jpg

(7:58 AM · Oct 7, 2018)
he had 28-28 going into the 4th because in his mind Conor won first and third round and Khabib won the second round 10-8.

He tweeted 10-9 Conor 7:45 AM which means the fight started around 7:40. So 7.58 AM means around the end of third round.

Wow.. he must be a huge Conor fan, I was rooting for Conor, but Khabib clearly dominated the first round.

Did he score that fight while holding Dana's balls in his throat?

I really don't understand the hate on Conor for this fight, he did 10x better than Dustin did and put the pressure on as much as he could. Yeah sure he lost, but what more do people want?
He did "better" because you guys saw him take less damage. But what you won't admit is that he held on for dear life and never opened up to get back to his feet like Dustin tried to.

Conor was looking for a stall so the ref would stand them up. I guess in his fans eyes he looked good because thats all he did the entire round along with plenty of cheating.

Dustin was far closer to finishing the fight with a guillotine than Conor could ever dream of.

You know whats more impressive? That Khabib stood an entire round with Conor and got the better of him. And no, I don't give a shit who won the round, what the score cards said, or who landed more punches. Khabib landed the better punches and looked better on the feet than Conor did. For someone with "no striking skills" he sure made the ULTRA UBER ELITE striker in Conor look like nothing.

Why do you guys keep trying to turn his loss into a win? He had nothing to offer the whole fight and chose to tap out. He quit. Accept it and get over it.

Back