Social Brett Favre owes Mississippi over $800,000 for mispent welfare funds

Why am I not surprised you didn't read the story. He didn't know where the money came from. He thought he was being paid by one of these nonprofit charity hustlers (a lot of nonprofits are slush fund schemes). From his end, it apparently looked like a typical transaction to get paid big bucks to show up to speak (like politicians). The greatest transgression he committed uncovered here was not following through on his speaking engagements, but I suspect that's because this sleazy director he met said it was alright.

Just how much Favre knew or didn't know about all this is still an open question. But I understand he is pleading ignorance.

Let's not pretend him admitting he knew he was being paid out of TANF would not have entirely destroyed him publicly and denied him any chance at any future sponsorship deals or paid speaking engagements. Denial was his only option.

Who said anything about race? Are you always this racist?

{<redford}

giphy.gif

but why

Brett Favre's illustrious 20-year career as one of the best quarterbacks in the league and other endeavors apart from the sport have accumulated into a net worth of $100 million.
Well, the idea that rich people stop wanting more money at some point is pretty much the fallacy driving the world into ruin. But also, some rich people are terrible with their money.

lol, criminal masterminds.

Without reading more than one detail... The guy can do low T commercials and pay that off in a week... Non story...

Last edited:
but why

Brett Favre's illustrious 20-year career as one of the best quarterbacks in the league and other endeavors apart from the sport have accumulated into a net worth of $100 million.
greedy people always want more even after they have more than enough.

if he is guilty at all

He's not charged with a crime but they say he should have know the source of the money was illegal. Once again, plausible deniability has won the day.

I have been following this story for a while. The investigative reporting seems first rate. By that I mean this is the sort of public corruption that dedicated journalists can uncover with a lot of work

The Favre money is a relatively small part of what was embezzled. At the moment, all Favre has to do is pay back the money or face a civil suit.

There is no way Favre got paid close to $1m for doing nothing and thought that it was on the up and up but I find it plausible that he was ignorant of the overall embezzlement scheme. Dirtbag for sure, but apparently not criminal

Last edited:
I have been following this story for a while. The investigative reporting seems first rate. By that I mean this is the sort of public corruption that dedicated journalists can uncover with a lot of work

The Farve money is a relatively small part of what was embezzled. At the moment, all Farve has to do is pay back the money or face a civil suit.

There is no way Farve got paid close to $1m for doing nothing and thought that it was on the up and up but I find it plausible that he was ignorant of the overall embezzlement scheme. Dirtbag for sure, but apparently not criminal
You just can't trust a guy that pronounces his name opposite of the order of the letters in it.

Send him to prison. He can be the star of another Longest Yard movie.

Damn. I haven’t watched NFL since the 1990s but I used to be a fan of the Packers and Favre/Farve (how do you spell it?) but this is pretty disappointing. What an asshole.

I cant believe a trumper would be involved in a crooked scheme

Back