News Brendan Schuab relegated to second biggest cuck on JRE following Luke Thomas' podcast debut

Only losers think Schaub is a cuck.

Id put money on him being better in every aspect of life than you. So what does that make you
2j447xz2jou51.jpg
Nope

Not to mention, he’d take their lunch money and they couldn’t do anything about it.
Luke is a BJJ black belt that is 6'5" 260+lbs

He's literally the "typical Sherdogger" meme

I was listening to him one day and he was complaining about not sleeping, drinking too much and being miserable, "almost to the point of non-existence" was the phrase, I believe. I started wondering why the hell I was listening to a guy who doesn't have some uniquely informed take, isn't charismatic, and is actually extremely privileged in being able to live off of speaking on something he isn't an expert on just whine about everything. It's possible to have the opinions he does and not be a toxic asshole about it.

Uhhh...Luke always talks about how cool it is to actually like the subject matter of the field of work that he's in.

The period that you're talking about when he was extremely unhappy was when he took over for Ariel on The MMA Hour while simultaneously hosting his Sirius show and had to travel both ways between DC and NYC 3-4 days a week while his wife was pregnant.

He was quite understandably under a lot of stress due to working two different jobs with full time obligations and having an insane commute on top of it, and his attitude improved immediately after he quit working for MMA Fighting.

Dont know an example but I found it incredible funny when Luke talked about His time with the Marines and all the trauma and fucked up shit he experienced in war like he was with Recons and then someone posted his service record <Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Lets just say he had a quite time :D

I've been listening to Luke for nearly a decade, and I've never heard him claim that he's been traumatized by anything except his mother's suicide.

He's always told the exact same story about how he (luckily) got out of the Marines right before the invasion of Iraq and how a lot of the guys that he knew who were deployed to the ME ended up with PTSD. Just like he said on Rogan's podcast.

Luke's making Showtime money, working boxing PPVs, doing Rogan's show, and Shertards are stuck here crying about it.

Also, this was just posted to his Twitter 15 minutes ago, so TS hate follows him. LOL
Working boxing ppv's? which one?

I've been listening to Luke for nearly a decade, and I've never heard him claim that he's been traumatized by anything except his mother's suicide.

He's always told the exact same story about how he (luckily) got out of the Marines right before the invasion of Iraq and how a lot of the guys that he knew who were deployed to the ME ended up with PTSD. Just like he said on Rogan's podcast.

You dont really expect me to listen to all the crap Thomas puts out to find that again. It was years ago and he wasnt that famous and unbearable as today. I have no agenda against him. He is a self inflated turd and in general I just ignore him. He definitely talked about his time like he saw action.
I dont really care but thought of it as quite pathetic and funny. A lot of people do that actually so its no big time offense.

Good conversation with a few dissenting viewpoints between the two. Enjoyed the podcast.

Only losers think Schaub is a cuck.

Id put money on him being better in every aspect of life than you. So what does that make you
Are you really white knighting for Schobb? Maybe you're at a low spot in life currently so no judgment, but get a better role model.

"So you would be with my wife and I would just be watching in the corner. I know it sounds weird but at least consider it. Maybe we can even go over some of my technical analysis of your stand up game afterwards."

I don't disagree entirely, and I've spent over 15 years of my life in BJJ and MMA gyms so I definitely understand how stupid the vast majority of people involved with the sport are. That's the reason I don't teach Jiu-Jitsu or try to make a living in the world of MMA. If I did, I wouldn't expect people to tolerate listening to me being a whiny bitch about it.

Luke acts as if he's doing us all a favor by covering the sport and does so begrudgingly, the tortured genius who sees it all but no one hears him. It's pathetic. If he can't do it without being a miserable sack of shit who constantly complains, he shouldn't do it. There are smarter and more knowledgeable people who could do his job better. There are plenty of other ways to make a living.

Interesting that you mention dating someone and not telling them you watch MMA. I told my girlfriend not to follow the sport several years ago, when she started trying to watch it because of me. She didn't listen, then she started training Jiu-Jitsu with me as well. Slowly over time, she's seen all the problems I had told her about with the Jiu-Jitsu community and MMA fanbase and can't stand them anymore either.

MMA media complain constantly about having to cover the sport. If you don’t like it, get another fucking job. Nobody put a gun to their head and made them cover the sport. Luke Thomas always used to begin his ill-fated run on the MMA Hour by spending five minutes complaining about how tired he was from travelling to New York. Relentless negativity. Became incredibly off—putting. Clearly didn’t want to be there. Then he wondered why the show tanked. Helwani is the most whiny individual I have ever encountered. The narcissism is pathological. And when the UFC expanded its schedule in 2014, virtually the entire MMA media complained incessantly about covering the extra events. Pathetic. If you aren’t happy, get another fucking job.

Back