News Brendan Schuab relegated to second biggest cuck on JRE following Luke Thomas' podcast debut

I'm 6'2.5, which IMO isn't that tall. Which is why I'd never want to be as short as Rogan. And I've yet to meet a short guy that wasn't plagued by self hatred, insecurity, and envy for taller men. Not that I blame them. Being short as a man is pretty rough.

What’s “short” to you?

I wonder what he'll do when this doesn't help his career at all because he's a pretentious and insufferable meathead pseudo-intellectual who only appeals to a small niche of miserable MMA fans that hate the sport they watch.
I mean, it's a pretty dumb sport, with a notoriously dumb fanbase.

I've dated someone for 2 years before and never mentioned that I watched mma, because I simply didn't want to look like a meathead idiot. I find it more embarrassing to admit to watching ufc than to admit to any addiction or obscure sexual fetish. I have 2 friends that know I watch it, but I'd never get a date with anyone cool if they know I watch dumb manbeasts punch each other in the face in a cage.

I mean, it's a pretty dumb sport, with a notoriously dumb fanbase.

I've dated someone for 2 years before and never mentioned that I watched mma, because I simply didn't want to look like a meathead idiot, hopefully they ban it sooner or later so I can move on to having my saturdays back. I find it more embarrassing to admit to watching ufc than to admit to any addiction or sexual fetish.

I don't disagree entirely, and I've spent over 15 years of my life in BJJ and MMA gyms so I definitely understand how stupid the vast majority of people involved with the sport are. That's the reason I don't teach Jiu-Jitsu or try to make a living in the world of MMA. If I did, I wouldn't expect people to tolerate listening to me being a whiny bitch about it.

Luke acts as if he's doing us all a favor by covering the sport and does so begrudgingly, the tortured genius who sees it all but no one hears him. It's pathetic. If he can't do it without being a miserable sack of shit who constantly complains, he shouldn't do it. There are smarter and more knowledgeable people who could do his job better. There are plenty of other ways to make a living.

Interesting that you mention dating someone and not telling them you watch MMA. I told my girlfriend not to follow the sport several years ago, when she started trying to watch it because of me. She didn't listen, then she started training Jiu-Jitsu with me as well. Slowly over time, she's seen all the problems I had told her about with the Jiu-Jitsu community and MMA fanbase and can't stand them anymore either.

I honestly don’t get why Luke Thomas is popular. He’s got a terrible personality, and acts like a know-it-all douche, and refuses to admit/accept when he’s wrong. The only person I disliked more in MMA media was Jordan Breen, but I feel bad for him now that his life has fallen apart.

He shits on his stream chat maybe but ive never seen him be rude to reporters/fighters

I've never understood the dislike for Luke Thomas. What am I missing here?
Likewise. I have not seen many of his podcasts but the ones I have seen have had very solid commentary and fight breakdown.

I don't disagree entirely, and I've spent over 15 years of my life in BJJ and MMA gyms so I definitely understand how stupid the vast majority of people involved with the sport are. That's the reason I don't teach Jiu-Jitsu or try to make a living in the world of MMA. If I did, I wouldn't expect people to tolerate listening to me being a whiny bitch about it.

Luke acts as if he's doing us all a favor by covering the sport and does so begrudgingly, the tortured genius who sees it all but no one hears him. It's pathetic. If he can't do it without being a miserable sack of shit who constantly complains, he shouldn't do it. There are smarter and more knowledgeable people who could do his job better. There are plenty of other ways to make a living.

Interesting that you mention dating someone and not telling them you watch MMA. I told my girlfriend not to follow the sport several years ago, when she started trying to watch it because of me. She didn't listen, then she started training Jiu-Jitsu with me as well. Slowly over time, she's seen all the problems I had told her about with the Jiu-Jitsu community and MMA fanbase and can't stand them anymore either.
Luke can be humourless and can annoy me sometimes, but that doesn't bother me too much because he is willing to go in depth into subjects with a lot of nuance, which is all I really want, regardless if my opinion aligns with his every time. I don't care what someone thinks as long as they can explain it well and it makes sense within the specific perspective they are establishing that is at least somewhat reasonable.
I am a leftie too, but the way that he is a leftie does not align with me at all. I roll my eyes often, but I do think the guy can do some really good breakdowns for not being an extreme expert and he likes Cannibal Corpse and actually reads books sometimes, which are things I like too, and as shallow as that sounds, that's enough for me to give his videos a watch more often than some other MMA media members.

A lot of the best elements of mma that I truly enjoy (high level technique, absurd events and personalities) are not evident at all to someone until they watch the sport for a while, so most people who have never seen it can't help but be put off it, rightfully. What's the biggest issue in BJJ community? I've heard it's full of nutty people (gordon ryan) but i don't know much details.

He shits on his stream chat maybe but ive never seen him be rude to reporters/fighters
That annoys me, the shitting on stream chat part, but it's not a binary thing. I don't get people just hating his guts. A bunch of things about his show I like, and there are a good amount things about him that are annoying and I like to poke fun at. It's like any person I know in real life, everyone has obnoxious qualities, doesn't mean they have to offset the other qualities one has, so many people just hate his politics and dismiss the rest automatically or think that if someone can discuss a topic for over 5 minutes then they must be pompous.

Last edited:
Luke can be humourless and can annoy me sometimes, but that doesn't bother me too much because he is willing to go in depth into subjects with a lot of nuance, which is all I really want, regardless if my opinion aligns with his every time. I don't care what someone thinks as long as they can explain it well and it makes sense within the specific perspective they are establishing that is at least somewhat reasonable.
I am a leftie too, but the way that he is a leftie does not align with me at all. I roll my eyes often, but I do think the guy can do some really good breakdowns for not being an extreme expert and he likes Cannibal Corpse and actually reads books sometimes, which are things I like too, and as shallow as that sounds, that's enough for me to give his videos a watch more often than some other MMA media members.

A lot of the best elements of mma that I truly enjoy (high level technique, absurd events and personalities) are not evident at all to someone until they watch the sport for a while, so most people who have never seen it can't help but be put off it, rightfully. What's the biggest issue in BJJ community? I've heard it's full of nutty people (gordon ryan) but i don't know much details.

I see where you're coming from. I'm on the left and I've seen Cannibal Corpse twice in the last couple years. I appreciate when someone covering the sport is reasonably intelligent, has a nuanced take, and doesn't just go with the mainstream view. That's why I used to watch him, until I felt like his complaining and need to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian got to be too much.

I was listening to him one day and he was complaining about not sleeping, drinking too much and being miserable, "almost to the point of non-existence" was the phrase, I believe. I started wondering why the hell I was listening to a guy who doesn't have some uniquely informed take, isn't charismatic, and is actually extremely privileged in being able to live off of speaking on something he isn't an expert on just whine about everything. It's possible to have the opinions he does and not be a toxic asshole about it.

The BJJ community is similar the MMA community, only a lot more like a cult. There's more hero worship and groupthink. There are tons of less talented Gordon Ryan types out there. I won't go into detail on a public forum but the reaction I've seen from people in Jiu-Jitsu to Covid has been the nail in the coffin on me investing more of my life into it in any meaningful way.

I'm a huge fan of Luke and his work. Can't wait till this episode comes out

Don’t worry boys.. luke Thomas has the literal touch of shit.

only a matter of time before he fails at that showtime job his colleagues hate him he gets fired and he’s on to the next venture of failure rubbing his shit stink off on everyone around him till they hate him.
I used to dislike Luke Thomas..but he has improved vastly, he's cool in my eyes now. Schaub is still on my he suck list, Schaub deserves all the hate

Until he hops out and immediately gets emasculated by most men and a good number of women who all tower over him. I'd be willing to bet that Rogan would trade all of his success up until this point to instantly grow 6 inches taller and have a full head of hair.

His wife is 5'10"

Ive stopped consuming any other mma media except for Morning Kombat.. it basically covers me. The MMA Fightings stuff is basically impossible to listen to nowadays and the 'ESPN Ariel' is even more unbearable than yesteryears.

I'm 6'2.5, which IMO isn't that tall. Which is why I'd never want to be as short as Rogan. And I've yet to meet a short guy that wasn't plagued by self hatred, insecurity, and envy for taller men. Not that I blame them. Being short as a man is pretty rough.

Jesus, you reek of mediocrity.

He’s got a terrible personality, and acts like a know-it-all douche, and refuses to admit/accept when he’s wrong.
That's basically Brendan Schaub

I honestly don’t get why Luke Thomas is popular. He’s got a terrible personality, and acts like a know-it-all douche, and refuses to admit/accept when he’s wrong. The only person I disliked more in MMA media was Jordan Breen, but I feel bad for him now that his life has fallen apart.
What happened to Jordan Breen?

I heard from someone who listens to him regularly that he mentioned some political opinions he had at some point so people are upset with him about that.

I don't know why I should care. His fight analysis is not bad, I think he tends to equivocate more than he should so half his videos are him couching his opinions. Like...you don't need to do that, I won't dislike you if we disagree on something. But his takes are not bad. And if he gives some political opinions...I don't really care...I know way more about the law and politics than him just like he knows more about fighting than I do because it's his job. But I give my opinions on fighting very frequently though I'm not a professional, so I don't mind him giving his opinion on politics though he's not a professional. And if he's wrong...so what...we are all wrong on some things.

I've never understood the dislike for Luke Thomas. What am I missing here?

Hes a smart guy but he has this holier than thou attitude and his attitude was so strong that Jon Jones who also has a holier than thou attitude absolutely hated him for it lol. Luke also shits on fighters sometimes too so he has problems with a bunch of guys, and other media members(ariel)

I watch some of his stuff but he has a problem with admitting when hes wrong and the holier than thou thing does him no favors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back