Brendan schaub vs Brock Lesnar

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
How would this match go? Talking about prime vs Prime, if schaub ever had one.
Is Schaub a bad match up for brock like he said? He said he'd submit brock on the ground but eh, I doubt it. Schaub is the better striker but he is nowhere the athlete Brock is, who is so much bigger and stronger. Not to mention schaub has a Glass chin and while Brock did react bad upon getting hit, that was against the likes of carwin and Reem, schaub doesn't have that level of power.
Brock via smash round one.

I would favour Brock but who would really give a fuck about this fight?!

Brock lost to mir when he was green ubereem and cain

He's not losing to schaub

Fair enough. Fantasy match ups can be anyone and this is on your mind? I would at least be thinking a Brock/Francis instead. Brock hates getting hit but yeah he has a fucking chin. Could he take Francis though? Stipe took Francis down pretty easily which one would think Brock could too.

I think Brock would smash him.
giphy.gif

What was Brock's prime then?

He went 1-1 with Mir, and beat old Randy and ancient Herring.
He looked terrible in every other fight (including Carwin).

What was Brock's prime then?

He went 1-1 with Mir, and beat old Randy and ancient Herring.
He looked terrible in every other fight (including Carwin).

There's levels to this...
Stop.

Fair enough. Fantasy match ups can be anyone and this is on your mind? I would at least be thinking a Brock/Francis instead. Brock hates getting hit but yeah he has a fucking chin. Could he take Francis though? Stipe took Francis down pretty easily which one would think Brock could too.
It doesn't have any special significance but Schaub did talk a lot of shit about Brock, ever since he started so I was wondering how sherdog would think match would play out.
Brock vs Francis is a real one tho and while I may get hate for this, I think prime brock has a chance. Francis is stupidly strong but so was Prime Brock and while striking was a weakness for Brock, Francis doesn't have that type of striking to give him trouble, sure he swings hard but it's not like the conor type where you'll have to set up striking to change level and get the takedown. Brock can shoot from the opening bell without having to set up his takedown cause the lack of anti wrestling footwork on the part of Francis. And on the ground, Brock has a real chance. Francis doesn't have the gas tank to keep up his power after a round or two of wrestling and I'm sure Brock could have wrestled all day.

Braindead Schlob would get taken down immediately then pounded into catching butterflies

Schaub is very underrated. He would be champ if he come up at this point in time.
Big A-level athlete with a sharp mind and genuine personality.
It was just unfortunate that he was surrounded by absolute monsters like Travis Browne and a prime Ben Rothwell.

Braindead Schlob would get taken down immediately then pounded into catching butterflies
Even now I think Brock would smash him, dude was wrestling against a top prospect not too long ago and meanwhile schaub is.... Yeah...

Pre-mid 2015 Brock

Post-mid 2015 Schaub

This. People forget that Lesnar lost to some of the greatest heavyweights ever.
Nobody was going to beat Cain that night. Or overeem.

It doesn't have any special significance but Schaub did talk a lot of shit about Brock, ever since he started so I was wondering how sherdog would think match would play out.
Brock vs Francis is a real one tho and while I may get hate for this, I think prime brock has a chance. Francis is stupidly strong but so was Prime Brock and while striking was a weakness for Brock, Francis doesn't have that type of striking to give him trouble, sure he swings hard but it's not like the conor type where you'll have to set up striking to change level and get the takedown. Brock can shoot from the opening bell without having to set up his takedown cause the lack of anti wrestling footwork on the part of Francis. And on the ground, Brock has a real chance. Francis doesn't have the gas tank to keep up his power after a round or two of wrestling and I'm sure Brock could have wrestled all day.
I dunno man I think Francis could give him hell. The way he dispatched everyone including some of the best to ever do it (yes out of their primes) so quickly is shockingly powerful. He grazes people and they die. But having Brock on you compared to Stipe would be punishing. I would pick Francis Tko round 1 then Brock UD.

Schaub is very underrated. He would be champ if he come up at this point in time.
It was just unfortunate that he was surrounded by absolute monsters like Travis Browne and a prime Ben Rothwell.

Rothwell was coming off a loss to hunt and lost next fight after beating schaub. Btw Rothwell is still around and would beat him again

He lost to zombie nog but hes gonna beat blaydes stipe ngannou etc?

He speaks openly about how dc handled him in training..
He lost to Nelson too.

The fact that you think he would be champ tells me you're either delusional or/and a huge of fan the podcast

Underrated post.

I dunno man I think Francis could give him hell. The way he dispatched everyone including some of the best to ever do it (yes out of their primes) so quickly is shockingly powerful. He grazes people and they die. But having Brock on you compared to Stipe would be punishing. I would pick Francis Tko round 1 then Brock UD.
He could certainly knock Brock out but I dunno, if you recall Stipe got to a body lock and took Francis without even having to set it up with strikes in the first round.
Francis is strong but again so is Brock, he was a goddamn monster in terms of strength when he was in his prime. Is he stronger than Francis? Who knows but he can hang in the size and strength attribute and dictate the fight with his wrestling.
Whoever lands the first shot, takedown or a haymakwr wins it, and while Francis could certainly land it and knock Brock out, I think Lesnar would be the favorite to clinch, get a takedown and batter Francis to a stoppage.

Back