Brendan Schaub should get a Brazilian Citizenship and start making use of PEDs

One of the most embarrasing UFC careers ever?

You mention Cro Cop in the OP i think that award might go to him. Brutally KO'd 4 times, tapped to strikes once, and the only times he won were against complete bums. His best wins are Gonzaga and Pat Barry, and even in those fights he was getting the shit beaten out of him until the finish.

Why is Schaub crapped on for not laying down in a grappling match????
Isn't getting a TD part of grappling? The asshat that is scooting around on his butt tring to grab his ankles is the one who needs to think about working for a TD. I guess he doesn't need to work for a TD? Schaub is supposed to just jump into his guard? Perhaps Schaub wanted to make a guy work for a TD and get tired and sweaty rather than just jump in to a submission.

Isn't getting a TD part of grappling? The asshat that is scooting around on his butt tring to grab his ankles is the one who needs to think about working for a TD. I guess he doesn't need to work for a TD? Schaub is supposed to just jump into his guard? Perhaps Schaub wanted to make a guy work for a TD and get tired and sweaty rather than just jump in to a submission.

Thank you!

If I had to bet either way, I'd say we have seen the last of Schaub in the UFC (especially given his thoughts on the Reebok deal). If you listen to him on Rogan's podcast, it sounds like he is done.

I would normally have suggested he move on to grappling tourneys if he still has the competitive desire, but his 'match' with Abreu was...embarrassing.

So, podcasts and t-shirts it is, lol.

So much truth in this post a lot of people think it's all Schaub's fault but I say it was both of their fault neither of them were being offensive.
Like they say it take's two to tango.

Schaub needs to fix his game, move to LHW, and give himself 1 or 2 more honest attempts.

Schaub was an NFL football player and team mate of Shane Carwin and Nate Marquart. I have a feeling he's made use at some point in his life already.

You guys defending Schuab at Metamoris really need to get a clue. I'm assuming most people who take that position probably didn't watch the match and just saw gifs, but wanted to chime in. Grappling with someone who doesn't want to grapple is very difficult. Cyborg tried to use TDs, but Brendan literally had no interest in engaging at all. He didn't try his own TDs, didn't go for reversals, didn't claim any positions and only wanted to back up out of range. When you shoot far from the outside on a guy who keeps backing up every time you take a step forward, you're not the one causing the problem.

He sat down, scooted, and even went prone at one point to try and get Schuab to engage in any way. He just wanted the moral victory of going the whole time limit to a draw which is really against the entire spirit of the competition. Look at Rory's match at Metamoris with JT Torres - it was obvious that he was there to test himself, and even though he lost, no one thought worse of him because of it.

Brendan Schaub the podcaster > Brendan Schaub the fighter and I think he knows it too. He's talked about how he's always been a natural entertainer

Brendan Schaub the podcaster > Brendan Schaub the fighter and I think he knows it too. He's talked about how he's always been a natural entertainer

This is truth. I like schaub he's a funny guy and doesn't hold back on his opinion. Wish he could have had a better career but at least he won't be getting spoon fed oat meal at 65.

Back