Brendan Schaub says Marlon Moraes is “Weak minded” and doesn’t have heart.

He’s basing it on the fact that after round 1 Mark Henry said “think of your mom, and everyone who sacrificed for you.” As if he wanted him to push himself. Which is true, but on Instagram Marlon’s coach wrote that he did his best and that sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but other people would have pulled out if they were that sick.

Regardless if the excuse is true, it makes more sense that Mark Henry was telling him that to help push through adversity (which wasn’t there yet) than him being that weak minded that he needs a pep talk after a round he dominated.
What, does Marlon said he was sick for the fight?

Schaub isn’t wrong, Moraes quit lol he’s got the same problems as Barboza, shitty boxing

This is Sherdog. Stop making sense.

Explosive fast twitched fighters gassing does not mean they do not have heart: Rumble, Tyson, Joshua, even Aldo all are fast twitched explosive fighters, but that muscle requires oxygen, and when you don't have enough oxygen, physics takes over and not all the heart in the world will make you go from sluggish to fresh. Is normal. It is like building a video game character and when you build up power other areas will suffer. There is a reason running backs and wide receivers have different bodies and skill sets, just as quarter horses and thoroughbreds - yet, we do not call quarter horses heart less because they have more muscle, can travel higher top speeds but can not carry them longer.

For a pro fighter, his technical observations and analysis is zero.

He basically talks about fighting the same way your average sherdog poster would.

Compare his breakdowns to other pro guys like Dan Hardy, it's a big contrast.

He gassed. Happens all the time.

His boy Conor legit gives up as soon as someone throws an arm around his neck.

Schaub have so much heart, that even when he is being out-classed, he still goes out there fighting until he gets KO. There's no quitting in Schaub. Kill or die!!

Most of his wins are in the first round, his pace slows down considerably after that. Still a great fighter, but he focuses on early ko's, which means he spends a lot of energy fast.
He’s gone a hard five multiple times in WSOF. Did he slow down in the last minute of finishing Assuncao? Or his first fight with him where he won the last round or his fight with Dodson where he won the third and finished Dodson about 1 second after the bell

What, does Marlon said he was sick for the fight?
No. He hasn’t said shit to be honest but his coach (Anderson França) said it. He didn’t say it as an excuse though just said congrats to Henry and proud of Marlon for showing up when other guys would pull out

it's true and basically applies to most brazilian fighters
no heart, no cardio
I wouldn’t say lost Brazilians I would say most fast twitch guys (who are more rarely white). Conor is as explosive a white guy as we’ve seen with his one punch KO power and he has that. As do rumble, prime Melvin, etc. they all gas all of a sudden.

The heart I completely disagree with.

I don't really know the backstory behind why Marlon was basically done after the first round. I'm not going to write him off based on one performance against a beast. He shot his shot and blew his wad. It happens.

He’s gone a hard five multiple times in WSOF. Did he slow down in the last minute of finishing Assuncao? Or his first fight with him where he won the last round or his fight with Dodson where he won the third and finished Dodson about 1 second after the bell

That was years ago against much worse competition

If I was Marlon, I would give Brendan a stern talking to.

Sort of right perhaps. As soon as Cejudo stopped giving any fucks about Marlon's power and pushed his way inside Moraes, just sort of folded like a tent. How much of that was physically gassing and how much was mentally folding we'll never know. Regardless he clearly had no answers to an inside fight

marlon lol what's up with that guy's voice? do you think he had to see messi's doctor as a kid for some special supplements?

is that why mark henry was yelling at marlon about his mom? lOL the guy snapped like a twig and even turned into a panic wrestler. mystic schaub is 100% right about this one

ffs. this guy has such an inflated ego. its only because his more talented friends that he has money or job opportunities. if not for Joe he would just be a CTEd .500(or worse) HW fighter.

brandon knows what he's talking about

the way marlon gave up with 9 seconds left in the round is exactly how brandon gave up against travis browne with 10 seconds left in the round

Explosive fast twitched fighters gassing does not mean they do not have heart: Rumble, Tyson, Joshua, even Aldo all are fast twitched explosive fighters, but that muscle requires oxygen, and when you don't have enough oxygen, physics takes over and not all the heart in the world will make you go from sluggish to fresh. Is normal. It is like building a video game character and when you build up power other areas will suffer. There is a reason running backs and wide receivers have different bodies and skill sets, just as quarter horses and thoroughbreds - yet, we do not call quarter horses heart less because they have more muscle, can travel higher top speeds but can not carry them longer.
Poor example.

Ngannou has shit cardio but proved his heart against Stipe

Whereas Rumble just turns over and gives up his neck almost every time he faces adversity.

People actually listen to what Schaub says? He's basically a dumber version of Rogan.

People like to complain how dumb he is but still give him attention which is all he cares about lol I agree tho Schaub is a hack

Hes not mentally weak. I will tell you that. Halfway through second round he gassed badly but was still throwing bombs that can take anyone out. Mentally weakness is tapping when fighter gets tired ala conor vs diaz 1. Or even Aldo vs Conor, where aldo was broken before the fight. Composure even at the worst times is the key for a mental strenght. Marlon never gave up, hes body was shut but again there are not too many fighters that can go against top 3 p4p fighter in the world and the tripple champion

He gassed out. abdi shaubi talks so much shit against fighters now he dont have to see them backstage anymore lol

Back