Brendan Schaub saved two kids from attempted murder-suicide

Diogenes of Sinope

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Timestamped

Pretty shocking and sad story. I know a lot of people criticize him, but man he’s pretty brave for getting out of his car and attempting to do something; lets be honest, the majority of us would’ve just rubbernecked and kept driving.

Apparently it was a dad attempting to kill himself and his entire family by driving into an 18 wheeler. Feel awful for the kids

Last edited:
Wonder how long it will take him to sneak into their DMs...

Props to Brendan he risked his life for real this guy could have shot him up,

Here is the news story

ENCINO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 31-year-old man has been charged with murder for the wrong-way crash on the 101 Freeway in Encino that killed his girlfriend and injured their four children.

Cesar Iban Torres has been charged with one count of murder and four counts each of attempted murder and child abuse, in addition to assault and resisting arrest, according to the office of District Attorney George Gascon.

Torres is expected to be arraigned in a Van Nuys courtroom on Tuesday.

Authorities say Torres drove his SUV into wrong-way traffic on the 101 on Aug. 12, smashing into a tractor trailer. His girlfriend, 26-year-old Aimee Garcia, died after the crash, while their four children were injured and brought to a local hospital.

Authorities say Torres tried to flee the scene and then resisted arrest.

He was hogtied and arrested on the freeway after California Highway Patrol says he fought officers. A Taser was also used on Torres.

Garcia's brother, Juan Zavala, says hours before the crash, Torres called him and made bizarre and disturbing comments.

"And he said... God talked to him and he said he has to give his family to God, and I'm like no, what are you talking about? Come back," Zavala said.

Zavala said he tried to locate the family but had no luck. He said one of his nephews in the SUV told him his parents were struggling for control of the steering wheel before the collision.

"He said 'mommy saved us,' and that broke my heart," Zavala said.

https://abc7.com/encino-crash-101-freeway-aimee-garcia-cesar-iban-torres/10955725/

Props to Brendan he risked his life for real this guy could have shot him up,

Here is the news story

ENCINO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 31-year-old man has been charged with murder for the wrong-way crash on the 101 Freeway in Encino that killed his girlfriend and injured their four children.

Cesar Iban Torres has been charged with one count of murder and four counts each of attempted murder and child abuse, in addition to assault and resisting arrest, according to the office of District Attorney George Gascon.

Torres is expected to be arraigned in a Van Nuys courtroom on Tuesday.

Authorities say Torres drove his SUV into wrong-way traffic on the 101 on Aug. 12, smashing into a tractor trailer. His girlfriend, 26-year-old Aimee Garcia, died after the crash, while their four children were injured and brought to a local hospital.

Authorities say Torres tried to flee the scene and then resisted arrest.

He was hogtied and arrested on the freeway after California Highway Patrol says he fought officers. A Taser was also used on Torres.

Garcia's brother, Juan Zavala, says hours before the crash, Torres called him and made bizarre and disturbing comments.

"And he said... God talked to him and he said he has to give his family to God, and I'm like no, what are you talking about? Come back," Zavala said.

Zavala said he tried to locate the family but had no luck. He said one of his nephews in the SUV told him his parents were struggling for control of the steering wheel before the collision.

"He said 'mommy saved us,' and that broke my heart," Zavala said.

https://abc7.com/encino-crash-101-freeway-aimee-garcia-cesar-iban-torres/10955725/
Interesting that schaub is not mentioned in the story. He certainly makes it sound heroic when he tells it though. And he's known for recounting stories accurately lol

Holy fucking shit. That’s so terrible. And big props to Schaub for helping the kids out in a time of crisis, and also trying to help out the family afterwards. Dude deserves respect, so I’m going to stop making fun of his MMA and standup career from now on.

Interesting that schaub is not mentioned in the story. He certainly makes it sound heroic when he tells it though. And he's known for recounting stories accurately lol

Why would he be mentioned in the news story at all? I can’t remember ever reading about a motor vehicle accident and it going into detail about Good Samaritan bystanders or first responders.

Why would he be mentioned in the news story at all? I can’t remember ever reading about a motor vehicle accident and it going into detail about Good Samaritan bystanders or first responders.

Most good samaritans or first responders aren’t celebrities that could boost the story.
Schaub is a known liar like Fedorgasm insinuates sarcastically.

Last edited:
Thats a pretty fucked up story and nice of him but, isn't 30k for a funeral a bit much?

Thats a pretty fucked up story and nice of him but, isn't 30k for a funeral a bit much?
suprisingly no my cousins funeral was like 20 grand and it was pretty standard this was also a few years back in long beach which is cheaper funeral than anywhere else in L.A county. funeral prices are out of control.

Yeah, he has been on TV, performed for live audiences and has hosted his own podcast that sometimes featured other celebrities.
I concur he is definitely a celebrity even though he sucks. he is even more famous than bisping as a podcaster even though bisping is funnier and an actor.

suprisingly no my cousins funeral was like 20 grand and it was pretty standard this was also a few years back in long beach which is cheaper funeral than anywhere else in L.A county. funeral prices are out of control.
Goddamn that shit is ridiculous.
Im gonna start a burial service thats more affordable and does installment plans where they just bury you one part at a time.
We can call it Peace in pieces.

Serious question though,
Is burial more expensive out there because of property value?
I need the rates from a cheaper area.

Back