Brendan Schaub predicts Valentina's fight this weekend

I'm not gonna listen to that video b/c I can't stand his voice. But we all know how this is going down. Val is gonna pitter patter from the outside and then work in the clinch a bit. Katilyn gonna try to muscle her and get her down. Val will win 50-45 or 49-46.

Bear in mind he speaks for a living..

I just realized I don't think I've heard Brandon Schuab speak at all this year. I was about to click that video when this astounding revelation hit me. This is now going to be my new years resolution since I don't have one. I'm going to attempt to ride out the rest of 2020 not hearing a peep from that asshole. This could have health benefits lol.

I think what bothers people about Schaub, is that hes just a regular guy (minus the love of fashion issue) but he try's WAY to hard to present himself as a pro comedian when his comedy is open night level but hes gotten this far because he is friends with Rogan and Callen.
Also what bothers people about Schaub is the way he talks sports to people who dont any better about sports. Everything he says is "matter of fact", he thinks he knows everything. For example his breakdowns about fights are very amateurish coming an EX PRO FIGHTER. His points are no better than any other casual fans points, he doesn't bring any special insight. Please, listen to his breakdown of Francis vs Stipe, he got showed up embarrassingly by his own comedian friend.
That's my opinion anyways.
I think that's right on the money. I actually warmed up to him when he started appearing on JRE because he just seemed like a fairly regular, chill guy, but over time the things you pointed out (among others) just really soured me. I know people like that, who talk sports like as if they're great analysts but they don't actually analyze or give insight to anything; it's annoying. You figure an ex pro fighter could give some sort of tactical breakdown, even a simple one, but he doesn't even manage that most of the time.

I just realized I don't think I've heard Brandon Schuab speak at all this year. I was about to click that video when this astounding revelation hit me. This is now going to be my new years resolution since I don't have one. I'm going to attempt to ride out the rest of 2020 not hearing a peep from that asshole. This could have health benefits lol.
You and me both. Keep the streak alive!

Last edited:
36 is pretty close to middle age.

Well, no it isn't at all really. Middle aged is officially 45 to 65, so it's a bit like saying someone aged 26 is almost mid 30's :D

Plus as people are generally aging much better these days, I consider middle aged to be the average of the official range, so mid 50's. Schaub is basically 2 decades away from being middle aged, so describing him as middle aged is absurd.

Well, no it isn't at all really. Middle aged is officially 45 to 65, so it's a bit like saying someone aged 26 is almost mid 30's :D

Plus as people are generally aging much better these days, I consider middle aged to be the average of the official range, so mid 50's. Schaub is basically 2 decades away from being middle aged, so describing him as middle aged is absurd.

So most people live to be 112? 36 is close to the 50% mark, hence, middle aged. I think 40 is a good cutoff to be generous.

Has Brendan addressed which hilarious version of this GIF he likes the best?

If not we need to bombard him with the different versions until he picks his favorite.

Personally I like the soul escape. But the butterflies are great as well.

What a profound analysis that only a former pro could deliver.

Seriously I gave up on Schaub's show because he is pretty terrible at breaking fights down for a guy who did it for a living.

Schaub played college football, had a good career in the UFC, has multiple successful podcasts, has worked on TV, tours as a stand-up comedian, has made some great connections in the entertainment world, lives in California, makes a lot of $$$$.....hard not to respect his hustle, and his ability to take advantage of the opportunities that are presented to him. Haters gonna hate.

Back