Brendan Schaub: "It's a matter of time before Khabib gets tired from the takedowns."

ce9444b0-f8f3-456e-aeb9-76e33891e1db-jpeg.418327

wood

I don't have a timestamp but here are cliffs

• Picks Conor over Khabib
  • Expects Conor's movement to be the difference
  • Expects Khabib will get Conor down
  • Khabib will gas from taking Conor down and Conor will let his hands go
giphy.gif

We have literally zero evidence of Khabib gassing, but we have a CSI lab full of evidence of Conor gassing badly in multiple sports. How he thinks Khabib will be the one to gas is beyond me. I'm not saying Khabib will surely win, but we all know if the fight goes long there is one of these guys who will be gassed as fuck in the later part of the second round.

He gassed in the Iaquinta fight dude, thats why he boxed with him almost exclusively in the 4th. He literally said this

Brendan was a PROFESSIONAL MMA FIGHTER you FOOKIN' PLEB.

They are both 2 pump chumps, and that's one of the myriad of reasons that makes this fight so fascinating. Khabib has historically always let off in the third round and I don't buy Javier's comments that "he meant to show off his boxing vs Al" - homeboy was tired af p, plain + smile, and taking a breather, just like Conor took a breather in the Nate fight and was on a bike resetting, trying to catch his breath.

Both guys have been incredibly dominant vs even excellent fighters for the first ten minutes, and here, there is a feeling of inevitability that something has to give. Come round three, paired with the work to the body that Conor puts in and the grappling taxation Khabib put on Conor. we may have a bloody war on our hands, two barely standing fighters and a Classic like UFC 202.

Awesome post my friend

You know it's a stupid take when even Conor fans say no he can't win that way

To get tired from takedowns, it is necessary for the person on the bottom to actually get up from the bottom and force their opponent to take them down again.

I do not see Khabib having to take Conor down more than 5 times in this fight. I see no evidence from past fights to make me think Conor has the ability to get out from under Khabib.

I agree. But you brought up two completely different points that were not mutually exclusive.

There are reasons to pick Conor, cardio ain't one of them.

If Conor has been training wrestling and grappling harder than ever before during this two year hiatus, is it possible for him to have improved to the point where he could actually stop most if not all of Khabins takedowns?

Was this two year hiatus intentional to delay him facing Khabib so he COULD go train wrestling and TDD for 2 years before actually having to showcase it in front of them the world?

Would be epic if he had been training wrestling and TDD in secret and just dominates Khabib everywhere.

We will see.
Yes, it's possible. I have been secretly running sprints for the last 2 years. So will it be a surprise if I beat Usain Bolt in 100m? It has the same probability.

Conor has worse cardio and is going to be more tired from being on the bottom than Khabib will be on top. Conor is fucked anyway if he gets taken down, cardio won't be an issue, he'll get stopped within two minutes of being on the mat with Khabib.

Schaub trying the same as Chael, and that is to say the opposite of what everyone thinks to sound edgy or insightful.

Khalabib won't be able to deal with the ferocity and pace of Cardio Conor, he rides bikes in the desert without having breakfast.

No breakfast? Not even tiramisu?

21 of 27 in takedowns, current record for most takedowns in a single bout; Schaub once again reinforces his ignorance <Lmaoo>.

Retard Schaub at it again.

Conor has one of the worst gass tanks in the history of sports in general.

Joker was blowing out his arse after 2 rounds against Floyd and Floyd threw like 8 punches.

Lmao that logic.
As if Conor would not gas 3 times aster with Khabibs weight on him.
Ah well this is the guy that said Conor would knock Floyd out, it is to be expected.

fyx2B9b.png
Actually I remember Schaub saying Floyd would get the ko..or maybe that’s what though he said because those were my thoughts

Shit, the CTE is already set in. Brandon can’t even differentiate between Conor and Khabib anymore.

schaub makes more dumbass statements than any other pro fighter (who isn't trying to troll) by far.

so khabib will gas badly from repeated TDs, but conor won't be affected at all from damage taken on bottom.

conor the striking wizard faded badly in a striking matchup (2x with nate), how is he not going to gas (or take damage) when he has to grapple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back