Brendan Schaub: "It's a matter of time before Khabib gets tired from the takedowns."

sure, conor just lays there with khabib on top and chills, not exhausting at all....

Schaub is one of those guys who no matter how the fight goes will claim his pre-fight opinion was right.

Right, but the Diaz brothers have always been miles better in 5 round fights than 3 rounders. In a 5round firefight they make almost everybody else look like they have bad cardio -

Nate is 2-2 in 5 round fights, and has only gone the distance twice (including against Conor). In both fights, he looks like dog shit in the later portion of the fight, granted against benson, he looked like dog shit the entire fight.

What I’m saying is this notion of Nate looking amazing or even good in the championship rounds is sherdog fiction. We’ve never seen it.

Are we just assuming that Conor will be able to survive the GnP that Khabib will be dishing out if it does hit the ground? Especially if he does it multiple times like Brendan seems to be implying if its enough to gas out khabib.

If Khabib gets conor down multiple times Conor is getting finished.
He said “Khabib cannot finish Conor, no way.”

are they eskimo bros too?
fyx2B9b.png

In OPs world 'multiple sports', means 2. I think you mean 'a couple'. Or has Conor done olympic wrestling, football and basketball as well?

He's gonna get so tired of beating Conor's ass, Conor is gonna beat his ass

I don't have a timestamp but here are cliffs

• Picks Conor over Khabib
  • Expects Conor's movement to be the difference
  • Expects Khabib will get Conor down
  • Khabib will gas from taking Conor down and Conor will let his hands go
giphy.gif

We have literally zero evidence of Khabib gassing, but we have a CSI lab full of evidence of Conor gassing badly in multiple sports. How he thinks Khabib will be the one to gas is beyond me. I'm not saying Khabib will surely win, but we all know if the fight goes long there is one of these guys who will be gassed as fuck in the later part of the second round.

Holy shit!!

Go watch his last fight, he gassed hard, only reason he got away with it was Al also gassed badly.

While its technically correct, to use the word to describe a total of two is only for exaggerating purposes used by morons trying to get their lame point across.
'Have you travelled many places?
'Oh for sure i've been to multiple countries'.

'We have multiple sports showing mcgregor gassing'.
No, you have two. And one of those was one boxing match with the best boxer the world has ever seen and it still took Mayweather multiple rounds to finish him

Khabib won't have time to gas.

He will run into the left hand.

Have not seen many fighters gassing from beating the shit out of anyone on the ground, probably only Bobby Lashley.
it happens a lot. But it's practically always when the guy on top is trying to get a finish and doesn't get it. From someone like Khabib who throws steady GnP not very often.

Dumb question: They say it's less tiring to do your chosen skill because you are efficient at the movements.

So is it likely that Khabib will get more tired wrestling than Conor will defending takedowns?
But what if you aren’t efficient with your energy? Mind blown.

Sometimes I wonder if Schaub has actually ever watched a fight. When he speaks, it sure doesn't seem like it.

Wow, that's as bad as a take from some nerd posting on sherdog! If Khabib is landing takedowns or McGregor is stuffing them, McGregor is also gassing from that work.

The path for McGregor to win is obviously making Khabib pay while standing and trying to close distance.

But hey, it's better than Shaubs normal take "he was like kablam!, fucking knocked out bro".

The fact schaub makes a living saying stupid shit is impressive and depressing at the same time

Does Schaub even MMA? The guy being laid on gets more tired than the guy doing the laying.
That's like gravity bro.

Back