Brendan Schaub - "fighting wasn't my calling."

I subscribe to TFATK podcast and listen to them all (I subscribe to so many podcasts that i'm way behind now).

WIth Schaub I generally do like him but I can totally see when he can be smug and annoying.
He's a very materialistic person in that he wears these terrible looking trainers and wanks over them simply because they cost a shit load of money.

Plus he always thinks that because he was a fighter, his word is final about MMA in any discussion with someone who's not been in the octagon.
Of course he knows a lot about the sport, but that doesn't mean he is always right or should demand he's right just because he participated.
Some of the best soccer coaches in the world never played professional soccer, yet know far more about the game than any player.

All in all he's ok tho. His partnership with Callen can be really funny and cool to listen to.

But for sure....they need to get rid of Chin, this guy who replaced Evan.
He is fucking terrible.
He sounds like he's half asleep and he's several seconds behind everyone else.

Good for him, takes balls to admit you're not cut out for this stuff

Glad he's successful in the podcasting world, lucky to have friends in Callen and Rogan or else he'd be probably bouncing at a strip club somewhere

location Germany

laughter.gif

No wonder you're mad.

I don´t get it

I´m croatian like the HW champ

and like CroCop

and like the first K1 champ Tiger

something funny bout Germany ?

To be completely honest... i always thought physically schaub had all the traits necessary to be an elite heavyweight... he moved well for a heavyweight and had some power. Unfortunately he mentally seemed to shit the bed. When he got wrecked by ancient nog in brazil, i was soooo happy for minotauro but all i could do was laugh at schaub for throwing those bizarre uppercuts with no setup...

If schaub had stuck to movement and throwing crisp 1-2 combos like he did against bearpigman, he could have easily beat rothwell, minotauro, and possibly browne.

IMO when he moved to california, he conitted career suicide. He wanted to be hollywood but theres no good camps there. If he had stayed in denver or went to jacksons, aka, alliance etc he'd have been perenial top 5

Dude is annoying as fuck. Never got tested by the USADA and still points fingers at other guys in almost every podcast. I'd love to see how he'd do in the USADA era.

Well he could nt do much worse could he?

A man has to know his limitations.

He says "I pride myself on being an educated and smart dude." in the end of that video.

672052ebjw1e1iwyhaowtg.gif

There are a lot of athlete fighters who do well like he did, and feel like he did. Makes him relatable and adds a more normal perspective. It's more rare to find savages like Chuck or Wand. Not giving a damn how much damage they take as long as the KO comes is harder to relate to. Probably why Schaub has so many listeners. Being a HW helps.

Its his work ethic.

He's right. Getting knocked out was.

His coaches should have written notes about stealing food and forged the signatures of his opponents on them.

Also, what exactly is Brandon Schaub's calling?
Having a hot ass wife?

It took a Joe Rogan intervention for this to happen.

His coaches should have written notes about stealing food and forged the signatures of his opponents on them.

Also, what exactly is Brandon Schaub's calling?

Dressing like a 14 year old Canadian popstar, and talking nonsense on an internet radio show apparently.

Back