Brendan Schaub: Dominick Cruz would outstrike Floyd Mayweather

Nobody should be discussing Cruz beating anyone at this point.

Floyd Mayweathers style is very bad for mma or kickboxing

Not in a mma fight, he meant in a mma stand up fight.

Dominick Cruz legkicks would be huge. He did however show huge holes against Johnson where he got pressured, he got hit alot and had to make it a wrestling match.

Dominick is often able to out strike guys because of hes great wrestling considering he doesnt have the power to keep guys away from him with hes striking. I dont see how he would be able to stop Mayweather from walking him down.

I think Mayweather would be way to slick and be able to pressure him with hes fotwork and angling.

Claiming Dominick Cruz angling and headmovement being better is ridicolous acording to me.

Absolutely.... Also, a lot of people forget that Mayweather is an ELITE athlete and would figure out how to be effective against leg kicks.He is a master at distance, angles ...100 times much more than Cruz.Schaub needs to stop his trolling, this guy carries a bigger distorted reality field than Miley Cyrus

In a cage Cruz Wouldn't strike With Mayweather. He would do something similar to what Couture did to Toney.

Anybody who disagrees with the BJJ Phenom is a braver man than I.

I look forward to Meathead KO'ing Schaub, the less I hear of Schaub the better.

nah. floyd would tear him up. would only need a month to learn how to adequately defend leg kicks. would be a stomp.

I get the thing with kicks but superior head movement and angles? Schaub is really a little bit special isn't he

Absolutely.... Also, a lot of people forget that Mayweather is an ELITE athlete and would figure out how to be effective against leg kicks.He is a master at distance, angles ...100 times much more than Cruz.Schaub needs to stop his trolling, this guy carries a bigger distorted reality field than Miley Cyrus

Not to mention Cruz is a wrestler who started training mma ten years ago compared to Mayweather who has been a boxer hes whole life. He has also fought strikers that is on another planet than Cruz and have alot more fights.

In a cage Cruz Wouldn't strike With Mayweather. He would do something similar to what Couture did to Toney.

Did you read anything before actually posting your comment?

nah. floyd would tear him up. would only need a month to learn how to adequately defend leg kicks. would be a stomp.

No way. Mayweather's who deep boobing and weaving style would be made redundant. Plus he'd have to learn a whole new set of distances and his inside game would be way less effective. It would be like starting fresh.

To even think that Mayweather would be boobing and weaving and back away against Cruz is comical. Cruz just doesnt hit hard enough for that to happen. Mayweather stood in the pocket with Cotto and dint back away. If Demetrious Johnson who normally is a defensive counter puncher could pressure Cruz and outstrike him, im pretty sure Floyd would do the same:)

Of course he would, small gloves, leg kicks and clinching with knees etc would be hell for Mayweather.

Of course he would, small gloves, leg kicks and clinching with knees etc would be hell for Mayweather.

Of course he would. I mean Mayweather has been in problem so many boxing fights against scrubs and lost alot so who doesnt think a power puncher like Cruz would back him up.

I agree with Schaub.

And if you're in the crowd who says 'he'd only need a month to learn leg kick defense', you're kidding yourself and I suggest you go to the gym and learn it. It's not that simple and someone who's been doing it for years will invariably destroy your legs if you've just recently started learning the discipline

Of course he would. I mean Mayweather has been in problem so many boxing fights against scrubs and lost alot so who doesnt think a power puncher like Cruz would back him up.

Go away you tit.

The Philly shell defense won't work with 4 oz gloves, nor will the bobbing low and turning away, he'll eat plenty of knees for his efforts.

Hahaha funny stuff. Mayweather would ko Cruz in under a minute IMO

haha came in to say exactly this but even though your right about the foolish shit he says for attention, this one isn't so foolish. Its common knowledge that Floyd Mayweather would get whooped in a striking match in MMA. Just like he would whoop any MMA fighter of similar weight in a boxing match.

Not possible. Humble opinion, Nothing is impossible in combat sports. But very few MMA fighters can win top tier boxer standing up. VERY FEW.

But still, I always find this discussion irrelevant. It's like saying,
Orange have more Vitamin C than Apple!
No! you can't compared Apple to Orange!
But.. but they are both fruits.

Snore.

delusional

Go away you tit.

The Philly shell defence won't work with 4 oz gloves, nor will the bobbing low and turning away, he'll eat plenty of knees for his efforts.

If you actually knew something about boxing you would know how hard it is to master the philly shell and to even think thats the only boxing style Mayweather could use is just stupid. Mayweathers brilliance is that he is so hard to hit and even if you hit him you barely hits him clean. Not to mention hes timing which makes you pay if you do something sloppy.

Mayweather has walked down fighters before and Cruz doesnt hit hard enough to keep him away from him and would give him no space to fire any kicks. And what do you even mean by bobbing low and turning away, please explain.

I dont have a problem with anyone saying Cruz would win, my problem was hes ridicolous statements and claiming he would do it easy just like you did. To say a wrestlers turned mma fighter would without a problem beat the best boxer of this generation is just silly.
And way to make yourself look like a idiot by calling me a tit, just go away.

Last edited:
Back