Brendan Schaub and Marcus Jones

FedorandBjpenn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Two examples of fighters who seem to have weak chins. (I know Jones retired) Is there any correlation to them being former pro football players? The amount of head injuries in football is crazy. Once you have one concussion you are more likely to get another one. Just wondering if you think there might be a correlation here.

Heavyweights. Big Punches. Heavyweights. Big Punches. Heavyweights. Big Punches.

Two examples of fighters who seem to have weak chins. (I know Jones retired) Is there any correlation to them being former pro football players? The amount of head injuries in football is crazy. Once you have one concussion you are more likely to get another one. Just wondering if you think there might be a correlation here.

good point. Yeah maybe all those unchecked concussion when you don't pass out can take the tool on your chin.
But Mitrione seems to have a good jaw in the house and he didn't passed with Nelson bombs, got up and looked fine quick.

It's just the HW division. Im sure all of those collisions in pro football don't help either.

That's hardly a significant statistical sample size to make a correlation.

Schaub wasnt really an NFL player like Jones was so i doubt he recieved a huge amount of head trauma playing sparingly in college. Jones on the other hand showed no chin on tuf and in the ufc, he played a while in the NFL so he could have scrambled eggs for brains

Heavyweights just know how to knock fools out

Schaub wasnt really an NFL player like Jones was so i doubt he recieved a huge amount of head trauma playing sparingly in college. Jones on the other hand showed no chin on tuf and in the ufc, he played a while in the NFL so he could have scrambled eggs for brains

This is what i came in to say to his brain was already scrambled eggs before he started a fighting career.. but so was hersel walkers but he's been pretty good..

Heavyweights. Big Punches. Heavyweights. Big Punches. Heavyweights. Big Punches.

HW boxers are better punchers and they don't go down as fast as MMA HW do. Striking in MMA is mostly a bunch of guys throwing haymakers with no idea how to defend themselves standing.

Correlation?

That's hardly a significant statistical sample size to make a correlation.

Obviously, but I've thought about this as well.
I can't back this up ith evidence, but I think the brain probably shut down more quickly after it's taken a lot of damage.

This is what i came in to say to his brain was already scrambled eggs before he started a fighting career.. but so was hersel walkers but he's been pretty good..

Walker didn't fight Roy Nelson or Ben Rothwell

Walker didn't fight Roy Nelson or Ben Rothwell

i know but he took a pretty big head kick that just pissed him off lol.. i was talking more about marcus jones tho schuab barely played, compared to jones and walker

HW boxers are better punchers and they don't go down as fast as MMA HW do. Striking in MMA is mostly a bunch of guys throwing haymakers with no idea how to defend themselves standing.

Correlation?

Kind of hard to defend with 4oz gloves. In boxing you put your gloves up and cover half your head. You can train reflexes and defense all you want, but sooner or later a HW punch is going to land and it's not going to be pretty.

Kind of hard to defend with 4oz gloves. In boxing you put your gloves up and cover half your head. You can train reflexes and defense all you want, but sooner or later a HW punch is going to land and it's not going to be pretty.

Its more about head movement. Boxers have great head movement that prevents a punch from landing flush, MMA fighters......not so much!

Heavyweights just know how to knock out people easily. They have most punching power.

Correlation?

Lets make boxers wear the same gloves as mma fighters and we will see if your statement still holds truth

Mitrione most likely saw more high level football playing time/action then Schaub. He doesn't seem to have a terrible chin.

Though Johhnie Morton was KTFO quickly in his one fight. Michael Westbrook flamed out. He was Ko'd by Travis Brown but that doesn't mean anything..

Was Andrei Arlovski in the NFL?

But seriously, HWs hit hard.

I liked Marcus Jones the guy showed some sick bjj on TUF

Back