Brendan Ingles gym...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I would like to share with you guys this video that I really enjoyed watching, sorry if it has been reposted but it doesn't look like it has lots of views on it to be honest.

Anyway, here is a short documentary on Ingles gym:

Feel free to share your experience or thoughts on brendan ingles style of boxing he teaches.

He had some good fighters over the years. Nas, Graham, even Clinton Woods!

That was cool. You should post this in the stand up forum.

I might, though I feel that this forum is more relevant since Brendans gym is boxing only albet an unorthodox one at that.

He had some good fighters over the years. Nas, Graham, even Clinton Woods!

Don't forget Junior Witter, although not as flashy, he still had some skills and was undefeated until Zab Judah fight. Also his current fighter is Kell Brooks is undefeated with some solid wins.

Doesn't Kell train with Dominic not Bendan?

Brendan Ingle doesn't have any real involvement in training fighters anymore. Dominic trains Kell Brook and Kid Galahad (two most talented, prominent fighters out of that gym) and Hamed said John was always his real trainer (don't think he's all that involved in training fighters at this point.)

I believe that he's taking time of due to his recent epilepsy attack.

Thats too bad to hear! But you know, he actualy looks good in this mini-documentary considering the fact that its from last year and he is 73 years old now.

Clinton Woods is from Sheffield, but he was never associated with the Ingles as far as I know.

Hamed said John was always his real trainer

i would take anything Hamed says about Brendan with a HUGE pinch of salt considering he turned into one of the most bitter fighters once he decided he no longer need Ingle

Ingle found him, and trained him plenty and had a massive influence in his career and style until Hamed grew a little to big for his boots and started making mistakes

can you point to an early article where Hamed states this?

I might, though I feel that this forum is more relevant since Brendans gym is boxing only albet an unorthodox one at that.

Don't forget Junior Witter, although not as flashy, he still had some skills and was undefeated until Zab Judah fight. Also his current fighter is Kell Brooks is undefeated with some solid wins.

I think his best fighter is the still developing Kid Galahad.

Back