BREAKTHROUGH: Immune cell that kills most CANCERS discovered by accident by British scientists

inb4 this is bought up and shelved away from the light of day
LOL
In case you missed it, this was plastered all over the internet a couple weeks ago. It's no secret.

@Goon Dog Ahh, i never watched the fugitive.
It's a good film, though I'm an admitted fan of Harrison Ford. Check out Regarding Henry if you've never seen it. And in The Fugitive, Tommy Lee Jones steals the show. I think he won a best supporting Oscar for it.

It's very sad and telling how many of us outright expect nothing to come of these results, largely because of Big Pharmas propensity to suppress drugs and/or treatments that would affect their bottom line when it comes to drug sales.

Here's hoping this turns out good, anyway.

Every few years we hear about some potential breakthrough in cancer research. It usually leads to nothing.

Let's hope this one finally has some positive results. If there's one thing I want to see in my lifetime it's a complete cure for cancer.

It’s not so much that these overhyped breakthroughs lead to nothing, but that they don’t lead to rapid changes to actual treatment. I wouldn’t expect a complete cure for cancer, at least not in one stroke.

did their white blood cells evolve to filter out all the coal dust

LOL
In case you missed it, this was plastered all over the internet a couple weeks ago. It's no secret.
LOL!

how does that affect what I said?

Scientists: We have made a tiny, incremental step towards perhaps finding more effective cancer treatments in the upcoming decades.
Media: SCIENTISTS DISCOVER THE CURE FOR CANCER, BY ACCIDENT!

LOL!

how does that affect what I said?
I think there's been too much information shared with scientists all over the world for anyone to try and suppress anything at this point.

That's nice. Now for 20 years of clinical trials so people forget about it.

the results of those trials are typically unpublished because theyre negative, not because they cured cancer but still want people to die.
Agreed. My point stands nonetheless, communication amongst scientists isn't as clear cut as mjmj had hoped... also, unpublished clinical research and trials with negative results can provide very important information in their own right.

Agreed. My point stands nonetheless, communication amongst scientists isn't as clear cut as mjmj had hoped... also, unpublished clinical research and trials with negative results can provide very important information in their own right.
agreed in that not publishing negative results can certainly skew cohort studies. and of course decreases knowledge overall.
however, the chain of messages you were responding to began with a moron saying "inb4 this is bought up and shelved away from the light of day", suggesting pharma companies buy promising disease treatments to hide them from the public because they want people to be sick. which your post actually counters, rather than supports.

Seems like a positive and amazing thing by reading the op.

My immediate thought is about how people would react when the fear of cancer as a consequence for their actions is removed. Do we indulge in carcinogens and gluttony? Or maybe use it as recognition of how capable our bodies are and harness it...
unlimited hedonism/gluttony from a cancer free life would probably bring over a wave of other health problems but a death from another disease or condition would still be more pleasant than dieing from cancer.

Back