breakpoint or vulkan?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by OSB Flyweight, Aug 17, 2010.

1. so im looking to get a new gi and im looking between breakpoint and vulkan. the breakpoint gi im looking at is the Break Point Gi Light Weight Deluxe White (Break Point Gi Light Weight Deluxe White) or either the NEW Vulkan ULTRA Light Jiu-Jitsu Gi WHITE (VULKAN - JIU JITSU - MMA - SUBMISSION : NEW Vulkan ULTRA Light Jiu-Jitsu Gi WHITE #32230) or the NEW Vulkan PRO Light Jiu-Jitsu Gi WHITE (VULKAN - JIU JITSU - MMA - SUBMISSION : NEW Vulkan PRO Light Jiu-Jitsu Gi WHITE #32273). im looking for something more durable and comfortable as im primarily on training with the gi.

2. BorisBJJ

BorisBJJ White Belt

Go with the Pro Light or the Breakpoint.

The Ultra Light is really flimsy and stretchy. It's no good for a daily training gi. It's only good if you need to weigh in for competition and you need a super light gi to weigh in with.

3. which of the two, pro light or breakpoint would you say is more durable?

4. ohmalley

ohmalley Blue Belt

unless you get a faulty gi by mishap, you're unlikely to notice a difference in durability between the brands, or between *any* brand in that price range. with the exception of ultralites -- which are durable but tend to be stretchy and annoying -- they're all pretty much the same. seriously, get whichever you like best.

5. HuFlungPu

HuFlungPu Purple Belt

Don't get the Vulkan ultra light.. Search for my review on here

6. Thanks guys, just because i want to be different from everyone in my gym i think im going to get a breakpoint unless i come across a lucky gi for cheap

7. dunerider

dunerider Green Belt

breakpoint is one of my favorite gii's i own the only downside i see is that the cuffs are a little big almost like a judo gii. Vulkans are really popular at our store but they seem to stretch alot.