BREAKING: Stephen Thompson Vs Robbie Lawler in the works for January

Who Wins?

• Total voters
This ends one of two ways

WB thrashes him like Hendricks, or wins by points in a fight with the least strikes ever thrown. I really don't think Robbie is cerebral enough of a striker to get anything past WB at this point.

Should have done Lawler vs Masvidal / Thompson vs Edwards

Meh Wonderboy via boring decision. He is going kick and run all night. Not interested in this one at all. Waste of Lawler's little time that he has left in MMA.

Thompson would be my pick, Robbie is obviously look at range working the jab but he's looked a bit clueless to worse kickers than Thompson, wouldn't be supprised to see some kind of highkick finish.

Meh Wonderboy via boring decision. He is going kick and run all night. Not interested in this one at all. Waste of Lawler's little time that he has left in MMA.

On the plus side though if Robbie does win that could mean a title shot.

Lawler would need to be aggressive, but not sure if he's got fire left in him like against Rory and Hendricks. And he can't leave it to the last 2 minutes, as WB moves too well and knows points better than pretty much anyone.

I don't think Lawler's looked the same since the Woodley loss and he'll fall back to the counter-striking, often passive SF version while WB outstrikes him on points.

Please no, wish Robbie would just retire.

Ruthless is one of my favorite all time fighters but he’s done, he’s to battle worn to make a THIRD push in the UFC.

Retire and keep the CTE away please.

I’ll watch and I’ll route for Robbie, but I don’t have high hopes of him winning and honestly hope he just retires.

Yeah I agree. Hes been fighting for 17 YEARS. Robbie is a legend but he should hang em up.

Hmmm feel like this is a bad match up for Robbie

Lawler is the perfect fighter for Wonderboy. Pressure and feints to make him shine. Robbie will get KO'd and thus begins everyone telling him he should retire but there is no shame losing to Thompson.

WTF

I really thought Robbie had low key retired

Really hope this is a 5-rounder.
War Robbie!

cant see wonderboy finishing robbie. but vice verse? yes. Robbie by 2nd rnd TKO.

Hoping that wonderboy takes this one tho! somehow!

Always bet on "Just Bleed"

If anyone can force Stephen to actually FIGHT instead of pedaling around on his bike, Robbie ought to be his huckleberry.

robbie-lawler-ufc-welterweight-champion.jpg

I don’t either to lose. It’s like a kid watching it’s parents fight. You just want it to stop.

Back